HSBC Card Balance Conversion
HSBC offers this service to cardholders to make paying their credit card balances much easier. This service allows you to easily convert any expense into more affordable easy monthly instalments. You can use this service for anything ranging from usual bill payments to any kind of medical emergencies, paid for with HSBC credit cards. The bank allows you to choose an instalment period of 3, 6 or 12 months, whichever suits you best.
How to Apply
There are three ways in which you can apply for a card balance conversion:
- You can download and complete the form available on the bank’s website.
- Once you’re done filling the form, you can sign it and upload it on the website itself.
- You can send it to the bank by post to the address given on their website.
- You can apply for this service by sending an SMS to the number on the bank’s site.
- You will be contacted regarding your application within 3 working days.
You can directly call up the bank and apply for this service by talking to a customer service representative.
Rates and Charges
You can choose to opt for any of the available payment periods with a minimum processing fee.
|HSBC Advance Visa Platinum card members
No processing fee
|HSBC Revolution card members
No processing fee
|One-time processing fee
About the Form
This part will talk about what you need to do to complete the form before submitting it for approval
- In the first section of the form, you need to enter your personal details like name, passport number, credit card details and, contact information.
- In the second part of the form, you have to fill the particulars of the transaction. Here, you need to mention the name of the merchant, date of transaction, amount, and choose the instalment period you are comfortable with.
- At the bottom of the form, you need to provide your signature as the primary cardholder
Other Things to Remember
- Only Primary HSBC cardholders are eligible for this program.
- The transaction has to have a minimum value of S$5000 to get approved for this service.
- Only once you are approved, will you get a plan describing your monthly instalments.
- After submission, it might take up to 6 days for you to receive a letter of approval from the bank.
- Application must be submitted before 30 days of transaction posted date, or 14 days from the date of statement, whichever is earlier.
- This service will not be approved for balance transfers, cash advance, interest payments and other such transactions.
- A termination fee of S$ 100 may be charged in the case of early repayment, changing of the instalment plan, or termination of the program.