Entertainment credit cards
Singapore has a lot to offer for those who wish to experience a vibrant and grand nightlife. Partying at the most happening places on the island can be expensive. With an entertainment credit card, you can earn reward points and enjoy excellent discounts on movie tickets, drinks, golf games, and more. Save money on your entertainment expenditure with an entertainment credit card.
Features of entertainment credit cards
Entertainment credit cards offer special discounts and exclusive deals to cardholders on local and global entertainment spends at top resorts, hotels, clubs, and movie theatres. Following are the features of an entertainment credit card:
- Cardholders can earn reward points and get cashback on minimum spends as decided by the banks.
- A small percentage of your spend will be credited to your account in the case of cash rebates.
- Reward points can be redeemed in the form of gift vouchers.
- New customers can enjoy joining benefits such as annual fee waiver, attractive gifts, and extra cashback.
- Monthly credit card statements of your transactions will be sent to your inbox. Make sure to go through the statement carefully to keep track of your expenditure and rectify errors, if any.
Benefits of entertainment credit cards
If you are someone who enjoys movies, plays, golfing, sailing and partying at the best venues on the island, then you will definitely benefit from an entertainment credit card. There are several advantages to owning an entertainment credit card such as:
- Discounted movie tickets on weekdays and weekends.
- Cardholders can enjoy complimentary yacht hire, 1-for-1 drinks, and more.
- You can save money on entertainment spends by earning reward points and cashback.
- You can enjoy a luxury lifestyle by partaking of what the Singapore nightlife has to offer.
- You can treat your family with visits to water parks, resorts, and clubs.
- Exclusive VIP access to golf clubs, resorts, and yoga centres across the world.
Entertainment credit card reward schemes are available in the form of:
- Discounted movie tickets.
- Gold class movie experience.
- VIP access to golf clubs.
- Complimentary yacht hire.
- Complimentary access to yoga centres.
- 1-for-1 drinks at select restaurants, hotels, and resorts.
- Reward points, cashback, exclusive deals, discounts, and gift vouchers.
Individuals between 21 to 65 years of age can apply for a credit card. Other eligibility criteria to apply for a credit card in Singapore banks include a good credit score, annual income of S$30,000 to S$80,000 for Singapore residents, and a minimum annual income of S$60,000 for foreigners.
How to apply for entertainment credit cards
The application process for an entertainment credit card is simple and easy if you have already identified your financial requirements and spending patterns. In order to choose a suitable credit card to meet your entertainment expenses, compare the reward points, discounts, and cashback offered on various credit cards across all card providers in Singapore. Once you have chosen a credit card deal that best suits your entertainment needs, you can visit that particular bank’s official website to apply for credit card online. Fill the credit card application form and upload the relevant documents online. If you have decided to apply for a credit card at the bank where you already have a savings account then the application process can be done through your internet banking account.
Entertainment credit cards available in Singapore
Below is a list of entertainment credit cards offered by reputable card providers in Singapore for your entertainment value:
ANZ credit cards:
ANZ Optimum World MasterCard Credit Card: The first 100 online credit card applications approved before March 31st will get up to S$168 cash rebate plus a 28” luggage. Get 5% cashback on leisure spends.
American Express credit cards
HSBC Bank credit cards
HSBC Revolution Credit Card: New customers can opt for a S$20 cash rebate plus a Samsonite Black Label Plutus 68cm Luggage or an HSBC's All Day Movie Card.
HSBC Advance Visa Platinum Card: Earn 10X rewards points on entertainment spends.
HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card: Save up to S$15 with Weekdays Movie Card (costing S$70) for 10 weekday movie tickets. Save up to S$30 with All Days Movie Card (costing S$85) for 10 any day tickets.
HSBC Visa Infinite Credit Card: Enjoy complimentary green fees and worldwide golfers' insurance of up to S$5,00,000. You also get complimentary access and special privileges at ESPA, at Resorts World Sentosa.
Maybank credit cards
Maybank Platinum Visa Card: Get S$3 off on movie tickets at Shaw Theatres (offer valid until June 30th, 2017).
- Maybank Family & Friends Card: Get 0.3% cashback on all purchases using your credit card.
OCBC Bank credit cards
- OCBC Titanium MasterCard Credit Card: Get 4 movie tickets for the price of 3 tickets at Golden Village theatres. You can redeem reward points for movie tickets, concert tickets, golf games, and more.
OCBC Frank Card: Get 5% cash rebate on weekend entertainment spends and 3% cash rebate on weekday entertainment spends.
OCBC Cashflo Credit Card: Get S$1 off on movie tickets at Shaw Theatres, and a S$26 movie package consisting of 2 movie tickets, drinks, and popcorn.
OCBC 365 Credit Card: Get 3% cash rebate on online purchases with a minimum spend of S$600 per month and 0.3% on all other spends.
OCBC NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card: Get 4 movie tickets for the cost of 3 tickets at Golden Village theatres.
Standard Chartered Bank credit cards
Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Credit Card: Get a complimentary yacht hire on a minimum spend of S$75,000 with your credit card. Avail a gold class infinite experience package for 2 and get up to 28% off with Visa Checkout at the cinemas. Enjoy complimentary green fees at Sentosa Golf Club in Singapore (applicable all year).
Exclusive or invitation only entertainment credit cards
The majority of the consumers use credit cards for their everyday expenses or to indulge themselves and their families with special treats once a while. However, there are a select few who are wealthy enough to use credit cards to maintain a jet-setting lifestyle. Listed below are some exclusive credit cards that are available by invitation only for those individuals belonging to the elite crowd:
- American Express Platinum Card
- HSBC Visa Infinite Credit Card
- Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Credit Card
Whether you want to surprise your family with visits to amazing water parks or throw a cocktail party for friends at the most sought after venue on the island, you can get excellent value for your money with an entertainment credit card. Some of the best entertainment credit cards in Singapore are ANZ Optimum World MasterCard Credit Card, HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card, American Express Platinum Credit Card, Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Credit Card, and OCBC Titanium MasterCard Credit Card.