DBS Takashimaya Visa Card Promotions
- Apply for the DBS Takashimaya Visa credit card online and get up to S$25 as cashback on making a purchase of at least S$250 at a Takashimaya store within 30 days of card approval. Valid up to December 31st, 2016.
- Spend at least S$250 on the DBS credit card between December 17th and 31st, and get gifts such as cash credit of up to S$15, shopping vouchers, free hotel stays and AirAsia BIG points through the DBS Lifestyle app.
- Save 20% on fine dining menu for up to 10 guests at Amici until October 31st, 2017.
- Until January 29th, 2017, get EDMosphere Asia tickets for a discount of S$10 with your DBS credit cards. Use the promocode ‘EDMPARTY’.
- Get a 50% concession on dessert bills at Central Hong Kong Café until January 2nd, 2017.
- Buy 2 festive items from Wicked Kitchen and get Honey Baked Ham worth $49 free up to January 2nd, 2017.
- Go to Clarins for a 1-hour facial or body treatment at S$100 instead of S$185. Valid up to January 2nd, 2017.
- Use the promocode ‘DBS20156’ and avail a rebate of S$50 on selected items at Angel Florist up to December 31st, 2016.
DBS Takashimaya Visa Credit Card
The DBS Takashimaya Visa Card is a co-branded card that allows you to benefit from your Takashimaya Department Store loyalty, and from promotional offers from both DBS and Visa. This is a great card for families who shop regularly at Takashimaya stores as it allows you to redeem reward points for store vouchers.
Features of DBS Takashimaya Visa Card
- The annual fee for the first year is waived off.
- Access Visa PayWave contactless payment technology and transact without hassles of swiping and signing.
- Download the DBS Lifestyle app and get latest credit card offers and promotions on your fingertips.
- For every S$12 you spend at Takashimaya Department Store, you earn 2 Takashimaya Bonus Points.
- For every S$5 spent on other transactions, you earn 1 DBS Point.
You can exchange blocks of 100 Takashimaya Bonus Points for a S$30 Takashimaya Gift Voucher. You can do this redemption directly at the store, without waiting for conversion or paying extra fees. DBS Points are valid for 1 year from its accrual, and can be converted either into shopping vouchers or into Frequent Flyer Miles. The Miles conversion will cost you S$25 per redemption. DBS Points can be redeemed online at Rewards.DBS.com or through phone banking.
Benefits of DBS Takashimaya Visa Card
- Get 5% rebates on Takashimaya vouchers.
- You are eligible for an additional 10% rebate at selected in-store sales events.
- Shop at the department store with the DBS Takashimaya Visa Card for a minimum of S$250 and avail a free S$6 top-up on your Takashimaya Parking Cash Card.
- Pay 5% less when shopping at Takashimaya Japan stores.
- Get discounts and special offers on dining, shopping and travel through the Visa privileges and DBS promotions.
- Fuel at Esso stations would be 14% cheaper with your DBS credit card. You also get perks on your Esso Smiles Driver Rewards programme, which gives you 1 Smiles Point for every litre of Synergy fuel purchased, an instant rebate of S$10 on fuel with 300 Smiles Points in your account, and up to S$300 discount with 750 Smiles Points.
Instalment Payment Plans
If you are making a large purchase through your credit card, you can pay for it in instalments, instead of making a single payment and accruing interest on it over time. The 2 types of instalment payment plans available with DBS are
0% Instalment Payment Plan (IPP) Under this facility, you can convert your payments into instalments to be repaid over 3 months to 2 years. This can only be used at the partner stores – check with the store before making your payment) in Singapore. There is no interest on this if you make your monthly payments without fail. An administrative fee of S$150 is applicable if you decide to terminate your IPP and pay off the dues before the instalment term ends.
My Preferred Payment Plan (MP3) This plan allows you more flexibility in converting transactions to instalments, because this can be used at any merchant in Singapore instead of just at participating merchants. The repayment period is similar to the IPP – 3 to 24 months. However, a processing fee and nominal interest charges are applicable on MP3 transactions. You can convert your payments into MP3 in 2 ways
- Download the application form from the DBS website and fax it to +65 6782 1063, or send it via snail mail to DBS Cards.
- Send an SMS to 76060, with the text MP3A<space>NRIC. You will be contacted by the bank in 3 business days for assistance in converting a transaction into My Preferred Payment Plan.
The charges applicable under MP3 are
||Effective interest rate
Fees and Charges
|Supplementary card fee
|Interest rate (annual)
|Late payment charges
||S$80 in case the amount is above S$50
|Cash advance fee
||6% of the amount or S$15, whichever is greater
|Interest on cash advance (annual)
If you do not make any payments by the due date or default on payments, an additional 3% interest will be charged on the outstanding amount.
Using your credit card outside Singapore will attract 2 kinds of charges
- A foreign currency conversion fee of 1.5% by DBS and 1% by Visa – a total of 2.5% – is levied when you pay for your transactions in a non-Singaporean currency.
- A dynamic currency conversion fee of 1% is charged by Visa when you pay for your transactions abroad in Singapore dollars.
You can use your DBS Takashimaya Visa Card to withdraw money if you are in urgent need of money. This can be done by going to a DBS or POSB bank branch or any overseas bank serving Visa customers, or by using your credit card like a debit card at DBS or POSB ATMs in Singapore and abroad, or by calling DBS phone banking at 1800 111 1111 from Singapore or +65 6327 2265 from abroad, or by logging into DBS internet banking and transferring money to your account using Fast and Secure Transfers (FAST).
The amount you can borrow is linked to your available credit limit. The charges applicable are
- Cash advance fee of 6% of the amount, with a minimum of S$15
- Cash advance interest of 28% p.a.
How to Apply for DBS Takashimaya Visa Card
There are 2 ways of applying for DBS Takashimaya Visa Credit Card
- Go to the DBS website, select the right credit card and proceed to fill in the application form and upload the relevant documents. DBS officials will contact you and help you complete the process.
- Go to one of the bank’s branches with the required documents and apply in person.
Eligibility Criteria for DBS Takashimaya Visa Card
- Primary cardholder 21 years
- Supplementary cardholder 18 years
- Minimum income
- Singapore citizens and permanent residents S$30,000 per year
- Foreigners S$45,000 annually
- Photocopy of NRIC (both sides)
- Most recent 1-year CPF Contribution History Statement
- Computerised payslips for the past 3 months OR
- Latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment (NOA) for 1 year OR
- DBS or POSB account number where your salary is credited
- Self-employed individuals
- Photocopy of NRIC (both sides)
- Most recent 1-year CPF Contribution History Statement OR
- Latest 2 years’ Income Tax NOA
- Employment Pass with at least 6 months’ validity
- Photocopy of Passport with at least 6 months validity
- Computerised payslips for the past 3 months OR
- Latest 12 months’ CPF Contribution History Statement OR
- Latest Income Tax NOA
A minimum repayment of 3% of the credit card bill or S$50, whichever is greater, has to be paid every month. Delayed payments are subject to a late payment fee of S$80 for dues higher than S$50. You can pay your credit card bills in the following ways
- At DBS or POSB ATMs, if you have a DBS or POSB savings/current account.
- InterBank GIRO transfer by submitting the GIRO request form.
- Through phone banking
- With SMS banking
- Via internet banking
- At AXS Stations
- By cash at cash deposit machines or at bank branches
- Through cheque, payable to DBS Credit Card and listing your card number behind the cheque leaf. It can be deposited at cheque deposit machines or mailed to DBS Cards, Orchard Road, PO Box No. 360, Singapore 912312.
Lost/Stolen Card Liability
The Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS) states that any cardholder whose credit card is has lost, misplaced or stolen, only has a maximum liability of S$100 on its fraudulent use. The first thing to do on finding the card missing is to inform the bank about the loss, and get the card blocked. If it has been stolen, a police complaint should also be registered. The bank should be given a copy of the police report and a written note on the loss or theft of card. For the minimal cardholder liability to be applied, it is important that the customer/company informs the bank, takes legal measures and can prove that they have no part to play in the fraudulent use of the card.
Read More Related to Credit Cards: