DBS Fresh Live Card Promotion
- DBS Live Fresh cardholders can get a promotional offer of 5% Cashback. This offer is valid from now till 30th April 2017 and is valid on all expenses incurred through online shopping or charges made using mobile payment gateways such as Apple Pay, Android Pay, or Samsung Pay. Cardholders will need to incur a minimum monthly spend of S$700 to qualify for the promotion.
- New cardholders will be automatically enrolled into the 5% cashback offer. Existing cardholders who have received their card in the period of 1st April 2016 to 31st March 2017 will also qualify for the promotional campaign.
- DBS Live Fresh cardholders can enjoy a promotional offer on the Ultra Singapore event. Cardholders can enjoy a discount of 10% on the admission tickets. The event will take place at the field opposite the outdoor car parking region at 1 Bayfront Avenue. The event will take place between 10th and 11th June 2017 and the promotional offer is valid till 1st May 2017. Cardholders will have to enter the promo code 'ULTRAXDBS' on the 'Review Order' page during the time of checkout.
- DBS cardholders can enjoy a promotional offer of S$28 for a Spider Gold Facial Treatment at Expressions. Cardholders can also enjoy a complimentary Vee mask worth S$15 when they make the payment using their DBS credit card. The offer is valid till 30th April 2017 and is limited to one redemption per cardholder. Cardholders will be required to make advance bookings.
- DBS cardholders can enjoy a promotional offer at Capri by Fraser. Cardholders can get a discount of 15% on the total food bill when they pay with their DBS card. The offer is valid till 31st December 2017.
- DBS cardholders can enjoy a promotional offer at Bornga. Cardholders can get a discount of 10% on the total food bill when they pay with their DBS card. The offer is valid till 31st December 2017.
DBS Live Fresh Student Credit Card
The DBS Live Fresh Student credit card offers cardholders a chance to earn cashback on select online purchases and transactions made using Visa PayWave. The card also serves as a rewards card that accumulates three times the rewards points when used at select locations. The card can serve as an all in one card allowing customers to link it to their savings account.
Features of DBS Live Fresh Student Credit Card
- The card is a student card and requires no minimum annual income.
- The card is a rewards card that earns DBS reward points on every expense charged to the card.
- The card is equipped with Visa PayWave technology allowing for contactless transactions.
- The annual fee of the card is waived for five years.
- The card earns three times the reward points on select online purchases and Visa PayWave transactions. The normal rate of earning reward points on the card is 1 reward point for every S$5 charged to the credit card. The promotional rate for qualifying online and Visa PayWave transactions is 3 points for every S$5 charged to the card and is valid till 31st December 2016.
- The reward points earned can be redeemed for exciting offers and discounts on shopping and dining expenses and electronic gadgets and vouchers from CapitalMall Asia and Takashimaya Departmental stores.
- The reward points can also be redeemed for frequent flyer miles from partners such as AirAsia, AsiaMiles or KrisFlyer.
- The cardholders are automatically enrolled into the EZ Reload service. Activating this service converts the credit card into an EZ-Link card.
- The card allows linking of DBS savings account to the DBS Live Fresh student card and use it as an all in one card that can even carry out ATM transactions.
- Cardholders can download the DBS Lifestyle app and receive great deals and privileges for shopping, dining or travel through coupons provided.
Fee and charges
|Type of fee
||The annual fee of the card is waived for the five years. Subsequent annual fees are S$128.40 per annum.
||Interest rate charged on card transactions is 25.90% per annum.
|Late payment charges
||Late payment attracts a penalty dependent on the amount of outstanding dues. If outstanding dues are above S$50, then a fee of S$80 is charged. Any dues below this amount does not attract a late fee.
|Cash advance fee
||Cash advance fee is 6% of the amount withdrawn and is subject to a minimum fee of S$15.
Credit score grade of AA? What are you waiting for?? Apply for a credit card already!Apply Now
Transactions in foreign currencies
Those transactions carried out in foreign currencies are charged a foreign currency fee. If transactions are made in US Dollars, then it is converted into Singaporean Dollars and if transactions are made in any other currency apart from US Dollars, it is first converted into US Dollars and then into Singaporean Dollars. Conversions are undertaken with the prevailing rate of exchange during the time of posting the transaction and not at the time of making it. The fee charged is an administrative fee of 2.65% of the converted Singaporean Dollar amount plus an additional fee of 1% of the converted Singaporean Dollar amount charged on conversions undertaken by Visa/MasterCard transactions or a fee of 0.6% of the converted Singaporean Dollar amount charged on conversions undertaken by UnionPay. If transactions are converted into Singaporean Dollars using Dynamic Currency Conversion, then the fee charged is 2.8% of the converted Singaporean Dollar amount which is inclusive of a 1% charge imposed by Visa/MasterCard. If transactions are carried out overseas but effected in Singaporean Dollars, then the fee is 2.8% on the converted Singaporean Dollar amount inclusive of the 1% charge imposed by Visa/MasterCard
How to apply for DBS Live Fresh Student Credit Card
Candidates can visit the DBS website and apply for the card online. Cardholders can also avail the card by visiting their nearest DBS branch and requesting for application forms. Regardless of the channel used for application, the completed application forms must be submitted alongside the required income and identity documents.
Eligibility Criteria for DBS Live Fresh Credit Card
- The cardholders should have attained a minimum age of 18 years at the time of application.
- The maximum age of the cardholder cannot exceed 27 years at the time of application.
- There is no minimum income requirement.
- The cardholder should not have any DBS or POSB credit cards or unsecured assets with DBS/POSB prior to applying for the DBS Live Fresh Student card.
- The applicant must be an eligible undergraduate from institutions like Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Temasek Polytechnic, NUS, NTU, SMU, SUTD, Nanyang Polytechnic, Singapore Polytechnic and Republic Polytechnic, SIM or SIT
Interest on DBS Live Fresh Credit Card
The DBS Live Fresh card charges an interest of 25.90% per annum on all card transactions. Failure to make minimum monthly payments on time results in an interest of 3% being charged in addition to the prevailing interest rates. Cardholders should check prevailing interest rates with DBS as they are subject to change as per discretion of the bank.
The DBS Live Fresh card requires cardholders to make a minimum monthly payment of 3% of the current balance or S$50, whichever is higher. If the credit limit has been exceeded, the excess amount has to be paid in addition to the minimum monthly payment.
Reporting lost/stolen credit cards
DBS Live Fresh Student cardholders should notify DBS immediately if they have lost their card or have had it stolen. Doing so at the earliest or upon discovery of the loss or theft limits the liability of the cardholder to S$100 provided DBS is satisfied that the loss or theft did not occur due to sheer negligence on part of the cardholder.
Read More Related to Credit Cards: