Owning a DBS credit card gives you the option of applying for increasing the cap on your credit limit. Sometimes, the limit you already have may not be sufficient to cover your monthly expenses. If you feel the need more extra monthly credit, you can approach the bank and apply for the same in a hassle-free manner. Get more spending power and experience financial flexibility with this facility.
Apply Online Today
Applying for a credit limit increase on your DBS credit card is a simple process. There is no need to print out any form and mail to it a physical address. All you need to do is to go to the bank’s website and log in using your card number and PIN, or by using your iBanking credentials. Fill up the form online and submit it along with the required documents.
We’ve put together a list of the documents you will have to submit to the bank when you apply for this facility. The required documents differ based on the status of your citizenship in the country.
- Salary credit into your DBS or POSB account, or
- Latest payslip (computerised), or
- Your statement of CPF contribution for the last 12 months, or
- Income Tax Notice of Assessment (latest) and last computerised payslip/latest 12-month statement of CPF contribution
- Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the past 2 years (latest statements)
- History statement of CPF contribution for the past 12 months, or
- Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the past 2 years
- Most recent payslip (computerised), or
- A letter from your company verifying your employment and your salary in Singapore dollars. This must be dated within three months from when you apply for your card.
- Your most recent Income Tax Notice of Assessment, along with either your latest payslip or verification letter from your company.
Applying for an Increase on Your Supplementary Card? Check This Out
If you’re applying for a credit limit review of your supplementary card, you need to fill in a form separately.
On the bank’s website, click on the link for this form. Or check it out here. Fill the required details regarding the primary cardholder. This includes the name, contact number, DBS credit card number, and passport or NRIC number.
You also have the space to give personal details of up to 3 supplementary cardholders. Also, you should indicate how much spending limit you want on the card. The minimum amount is S$500. If you want to remove the limit that’s currently available on the supplementary credit card, you can indicate that as well.
Any increase on the supplementary card will be reset every month to the original limit assigned to the card as long as it does not exceed the limit available on the primary card.