DBS offers a variety of credit and debit cards that reward you in the form of cashback, cash rebate, reward points, and air miles. Based on the rewards programme that applies to your card, you can earn rewards on almost all the transactions you make from day to day – whether it’s dining out, grocery shopping, or making travel bookings. However, to make the most of your card, it’s important that you understand everything about these rewards programmes, including how they work and how to redeem the accumulated rewards. To help you with this, we have explained all the rewards programmes offered by DBS in Singapore.
Types of Card Rewards Offered by DBS
The bank offers the following types of rewards programmes on its cards:
Cashback: There are certain DBS debit and credit cards that reward you in the form of cashback. It’s usually a fixed percentage of the transaction amount and is awarded on certain categories. The more you spend, the more cashback you earn.
- Cashback Programme: You can earn up to 5% cashback on certain DBS cards. The cashback is credited to your account every time you make a qualifying transaction with your card. For instance, with DBS Live Fresh Card, you will earn 5% cashback on your online shopping and Visa payWave transactions. Most often, there is a minimum spending requirement on these cards that you will have to meet to be eligible for the cashback. The cashback you earn can be used to offset your credit card bill.
- SAFRA$ Programme: This programme applies to the SAFRA DBS Cards. With the SAFRA DBS Credit Card, you can earn up to 3% cash rebate on online transactions and on Mastercard contactless transactions. You must spend at least S$500 a month to be eligible for 3% rebate. On the SAFRA DBS Debit Card, you will earn 2% cash rebate on local Mastercard contactless payments and 1% cash rebate on online transactions on spending at least S$400 per month. The rebate is awarded in the form of SAFRA$ (each SAFRA$ is equivalent to S$1). There is a limit on the maximum rebate you can earn in a month.
- Miles Programme: The bank offers the miles programme on its DBS Altitude Card. The card allows you to earn up to 3 miles for every dollar spent on eligible transactions. The miles will be awarded in the form of DBS Points (1 DBS Point is equivalent to 2 miles). You can choose to convert the points to KrisFlyer miles or AsiaMiles. Every conversion will be subjected to a fee of S$25.
- Rewards Points: There are certain DBS cards that offer reward points on all eligible transactions. These reward points can be redeemed for shopping vouchers, discounts, rebates, miles, and much more. Depending on the DBS card you have, you could earn points under any of the following programmes:
- DBS Points Programme: Cards like DBS Woman’s Card, DBS Black Card, and DBS NUS Alumni Card offer DBS Points on all eligible transactions. These points can be redeemed for shopping vouchers, dining vouchers, air miles, electronic gadgets, discounts on movies, and much more. You can also use these points to pay for your purchases at participating online and physical stores. In case you wish to convert your DBS Points to miles, you can choose between KrisFlyer miles and AsiaMiles. Points-to-miles conversion can be done either through iBanking or by filling out a redemptions form that is available on the bank’s website.
- SAFRAPOINT Programme: The SAFRA DBS Card also allows you to earn SAFRAPOINTS on every transaction made at participating outlets and other facilities at SAFRA. You will earn 1 SAFRAPOINT for every S$1 spent. This is in addition to the existing rebate you earn on the card. You can redeem your SAFRAPOINTS for vouchers or for certain products and services.
- Takashimaya Bonus Points Programme: If you have a DBS Takashimaya Visa Card or a DBS Takashimaya American Express Card, you will earn Takashimaya Bonus Points on all eligible transactions. You can redeem your Takashimaya Bonus Points for Takashimaya gift vouchers. These vouchers can be used to offset your subsequent purchases at Takashimaya stores.
- Esso Smiles Driver Rewards Programme: With the DBS Esso Card – a card that is designed to offer you savings on fuel at Esso stations – you will be automatically enrolled in the Esso Smiles Driver Rewards Programme. Under this programme, you will earn 1 Smiles Point for every litre of Synergy fuel you buy at an Esso station. These points can be used for instant fuel redemption.
Cashback Programmes of DBS
|Card name||Cashback earned||Cashback earned|
|DBS Live Fresh Card||5% cashback on online purchases and Visa payWave transactions. This includes .||0.3% cashback on all other retail spend.|
|DBS Live Fresh Student Card||0.3% cashback on online shopping, Visa payWave transactions and other eligible spends.||-|
Other terms and conditions on these cards:
DBS Live Fresh Card:
- 5% cashback on online and Visa payWave transactions includes base cashback of 0.3% and an additional cashback of 4.7%.
- To earn the additional cashback, you must spend at least S$600 a month on retail purchases. If you don’t meet the minimum spend requirement, you will earn 0.3% cashback on all transactions.
- The maximum cashback you can earn in a month on online transactions and Visa payWave transactions is capped at S$20 each.
- The 0.3% cashback is capped at S$20 per month.
- Cashback will be automatically used to offset part of your bill for the month.
|Card name||SAFRA$ cash rebate earned||SAFRA$ cash rebate earned|
|SAFRA DBS Credit Card||3% cash rebate on online purchases and Mastercard contactless payments.||0.3% cash rebate on all other retail purchases.|
Other terms and conditions on the SAFRA DBS Credit Card:
- Rebate will be awarded in the form of SAFRA$ (1 SAFRA$ is equivalent to S$1).
- The maximum rebate you can earn in a month is SAFRA$50.
- Your earned SAFRA$ rebate expires in 12 months from the date you earned them.
How to Redeem SAFRA$ Cash Rebate
You can redeem your SAFRA$ rebate in the following ways:
- Instant redemption: You can use your SAFRA$ rebate to instantly offset your purchases at six SAFRA Clubs and other participating merchants across Singapore.
- Online redemption: You can redeem your SAFRA$ rebate through iBanking to pay your card bill or for KrisFlyer miles. In case you wish to convert your points to KrisFlyer miles, you can do so in blocks of 10,000 KrisFlyer miles (245 Loyalty Dollars are equivalent to 10,000 KrisFlyer miles).
Rewards Points Programmes of DBS
|Card name||Reward points earned||Reward points earned||Reward points earned|
|DBS Woman’s Card||5 DBS Points (equivalent to 10 miles) for every S$5 spent on online transactions.||1 DBS Point (equivalent to 2 miles) for every S$5 spent on other retail transactions.|
|DBS Woman’s World Card||10 DBS Points (equivalent to 20 miles) for every S$5 spent on online transactions.||3 DBS Points (equivalent to 6 miles) for every S$5 spent overseas.||1 DBS Point (equivalent to 2 miles) for every S$5 spent on other retail transactions.|
|DBS Black Visa Card||3 DBS Points for every S$5 spent on local Visa payWave transactions.||1 DBS Point for every S$5 spent on other retail transactions.||-|
|DBS Black American Express Card||1 DBS Point for every S$5 spent on all retail transactions.||-||-|
|DBS NUS Alumni Card||1 DBS Point for every S$5 spent on the card.||-||-|
|DBS NUSS Card||2 DBS Points for every S$5 spent at NUSS F&B outlets.||1 DBS Point for every S$5 spent on other retail transactions.||-|
|SAFRA DBS Card||1 SAFRAPOINT for every S$1 spent on participating stores and facilities at SAFRA.||-||-|
|DBS Takashimaya Visa Card||2 Takashimaya Bonus Points for every S$12 spent at Takashimaya stores.||0.5% voucher rebate on all spends outside Takashimaya stores.||-|
|DBS Takashimaya American Express Card||2 Takashimaya Bonus Points for every S$10 spent at Takashimaya stores.||0.5% voucher rebate on all spends outside Takashimaya stores.||-|
|DBS Esso Card||1 Smiles Point for every litre of Synergy fuel bought from any Esso station.||-||-|
How to Redeem Rewards Points
You can redeem your DBS Points in any of the following ways:
- Online purchases: Redeem your points to instantly offset your online purchases at participating websites/apps, including Activpass, Circles.Life, Homage, and WhyQ.
- InstaRewards In-Store: Redeem your points to offset your purchases or shopping vouchers at participating stores, including Pet Lovers Centre, Hougang Mall, Liang Court, Tampines 1, Tiong Bahru Plaza, and White Sands.
- Frequent flyer programme: Convert your DBS Points to KrisFlyer Miles, AsiaMiles, or BIG Points. You can submit your request for redemption through iBanking or by downloading and submitting the relevant form from the bank’s website.
You can redeem your SAFRAPOINTS for shopping vouchers, or you can choose to purchase any product/service from the available options.
Takashimaya Bonus Points
You can redeem Takashimaya Bonus Points for Takashimaya Gift Vouchers, which you can use to offset your subsequent purchases at Takashimaya stores. For 300 Takashimaya Bonus Points, you can get Takashimaya Gift Vouchers worth S$90.
You can redeem your Smiles Points for a variety of things, including dining vouchers, shopping vouchers, free fuel, and much more. Once you have selected the rewards, simply download the relevant redemption form from Esso’s website and submit it at an Esso station.
Miles Programmes of DBS
|Card name||Miles earned||Miles earned||Miles earned|
|DBS Altitude Cards (Visa Signature/American Express)||1.2 miles for every S$1 spent locally.||2 miles for every S$1 spent overseas.||Earn an additional 1.8 miles for every S$1 spent locally and an additional 1 mile for every S$1 spent overseas on online flight/hotel bookings.|
Other terms and conditions associated with the DBS Altitude Cards:
- Miles are awarded as DBS Points (you get 3 DBS Points for every S$5 spent locally and 5 DBS Points for every S$5 spent overseas).
- The miles you earn never expire.
- Additional miles on online flight/hotel transactions:
- Miles are awarded in the form of DBS Points. You get an additional 4.5 DBS Points for every S$5 spent locally and an additional 2.5 DBS Points for every S$5 spent overseas.
- The maximum amount on which you can earn additional DBS Points is S$5,000 per month.
How to Redeem Air Miles
- You can convert your DBS Points to KrisFlyer miles or AsiaMiles, which can be used to redeem for flight tickets of Singapore Airlines/SilkAir and Cathay Pacific, respectively.
- To redeem your miles, you can either submit your frequent flyer programme details via iBanking or you can fill out a relevant miles redemption form.
- Each conversion will be subjected to a charge of S$25.
- If you wish to convert your points to any other frequent flyer miles programme of your choice, you will be charged an administrative fee of S$26.75 per redemption.
- If you are a frequent traveller with Singapore Airlines/SilkAir, you can also register for automatic conversion of your DBS Points into KrisFlyer miles. Your points will be automatically converted at the start of every quarter. You will be charged an annual fee of S$42.80 for enrolment in this automatic conversion programme.
- You can redeem as many miles as you like – there is no limit on that. For conversion to KrisFlyer miles, you will have to transfer a minimum of 5,000 DBS Points.