DBS Black Card Reviews
The DBS Black Credit Card is an elite shopping credit card. It comes in two versions – American Express and Visa. The Black card gives you both cashback and rewards points, which means you get double rewards for your credit card purchases. The DBS Black Visa Card gives you 5% cashback on shopping and 3 DBS Points per S$5 spent using Visa payWave, Andoird Pay, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay contactless payment solutions. The DBS American Express Card gives you 5% cashback on shopping and 1 DBS Point for every purchase made through the card.
The cashback is applicable on purchase of clothes, jewellery, watches, bags, shoes, electronics, personal care and department store purchases. You need to spend at least $700 per month to get the cashback, which is very little compared to how much you can buy with the card. The annual fee of S$192.60, which is not exactly cheap, is waived for the first year.
The points can be redeemed for vouchers or miles, but the card’s rewarding system isn’t high enough for you to earn sufficient amount of miles. Additionally, to get miles from points you need to join the DBS Frequent Flyer Programme and every redemption will cost you an extra S$25.
You will also become eligible for DBS promotional offers and discounts on dining, travel, shopping, beauty and wellness, and online shopping, which means you can save some money on both your regular and offbeat purchases. The card also has a lovely look – all black and hip.
DBS Black Visa Card Promotion
- DBS cardholders can enjoy a promotional offer of S$28 for a Spider Gold Facial Treatment at Expressions. Cardholders can also enjoy a complimentary Vee mask worth S$15 when they make the payment using their DBS credit card. The offer is valid till 30th April 2017 and is limited to one redemption per cardholder. Cardholders will be required to make advance bookings.
- DBS cardholders can enjoy a promotional offer at Bornga. Cardholders can get a discount of 10% on the total food bill when they pay with their DBS card. The offer is valid till 31st December 2017.
- DBS cardholders can enjoy a promotional offer at Capri by Fraser. Cardholders can get a discount of 15% on the total food bill when they pay with their DBS card. The offer is valid till 31st December 2017.
- DBS cardholders can enjoy a promotional when shopping at Rabeanco. Cardholders can get a discount of 5% on all regular priced items and an additional discount of 5% on items on sale when they pay with their DBS card. The offer is valid till 31st December 2017.
- DBS cardholders can enjoy a promotional offer at Ritz Carlton Millenia in Singapore. Cardholders can get a discount of 10% on the total food bill when they pay with their DBS card. The offer is valid till 31st December 2017. The offer is not valid on Sunday Brunch at the Colony in Ritz Carlton Millenia.
- DBS cardholders can enjoy a promotional offer at Oven Fried Chicken. Cardholders can get a discount of 10% on the ala carte food menu when they pay with their DBS card. The offer is valid till 30th June 2017.
- DBS cardholders can enjoy a promotional offer at Jinja Chicken. Cardholders can get a discount of 10% when they spend a minimum of S$30 on their DBS card. The offer is valid till 30th June 2017.
The DBS Black Visa Card
The DBS Black Visa Card is a popular credit card offered by DBS and comes with a wide list of offers and benefits starting from cashbacks on shopping to year-round offers at golf clubs, retail outlets and more. Let us take a look at some features, benefits and other details of the DBS Black Visa Card.
Features of the DBS Black Visa Card
- The DBS Black Visa Card can be used to make cash withdrawals at ATMs and over the counter.
- Cashbacks on the DBS Black Visa Card can be availed on purchases made across the globe.
- Card members get access to round-the-year offers from retail stores, golf clubs and more.
- The annual fee for the first year is waived.
Benefits of the DBS Black Visa Card
- Cardholders receive discounts of up to 8% when you make hotel bookings using your DBS Black Card. Bookings must be done before December 31, 2016 and accommodations have to be completed before March 31, 2016.
- Cardholders get a S$10 cashback when you use the Visa gateway at comGateway to make payments for online purchases. Also get Express Shipping services by using the promo code CGWVCOSG10.
- DBS cardmembers get access to 24-hour Concierge services that will assist you with travel bookings, dining reservations, information on flight schedules and more.
Instalment payment plans
- The DBS Black Visa Card allows for a flexible instalment payment plan that has a 12-month payment window.
- There is a 0% interest and a 0% processing fee in the instalment payment provision offered by the DBS Black Visa Card.
- Cardholders can convert their shopping bills into easy monthly payment options by applying for the My Preferred Payment Plan . In order to register, cardholders are required to type MP3F NRIC and send the SMS to 7060.
Fee and charges
|Type of fee
|Supplementary card fee
|Late payment charges
||S$80 if the outstanding balance is more than S$50
|Cash advance fee
||6% of amount withdrawn
|Interest on cash advance
Transactions in foreign currencies
- Foreign currency transactions performed using the DBS Black Credit Card will attract an administrative fee of up to 1.5% of the amount after conversion to SGD. The total administrative fee charged by the bank and the card association shall not exceed 2.5%.
- Currencies other than the Chinese Yuan, USD and Brunei Dollar will first be converted to USD and then to SGD. The currency conversion will take place at existing interbank rates or rates mandated by the government.
- Administrative charges are levied after the amount is converted to SGD.
The DBS Black Visa Card can be used to make cash withdrawals at both domestic and overseas locations. The interest on cash advances is 28%. Besides the interest, a cash advance handling fee of 6% of the withdrawn amount is charged.
How to apply for the DBS Black Visa Card
Customers who wish to apply for the DBS Black Visa Card can visit the bank’s official website and fill the application form. The application form will require customers to fill in details of income, residence, employment, contact information etc. Once the application form is filled and submitted, the bank will process the application and accordingly notify the customer on any further requirements to complete the application process. The approval is subject to customers satisfying the eligibility criteria.
Eligibility criteria for the DBS Black Visa Card
- Minimum age: 21 years of age
- Minimum income:
- Singaporeans & permanent residents: SGD 30,000
- Foreigners: SGD 45,000
- Salaried individuals:
- Copy of Passport/NRIC, latest computerized payslip, CPF statement history for the last 1-year.
- Self-employed individuals:
- Copy of NRIC/Passport, Bank statements for the last 3 months, Notice of Income Tax Assessment. CPF statement for the last 2 years.
- Individuals with varied income:
- Copy of NRIC/Passport, Proof of income, bank statements for the last 3 months, Notice of Income Tax Assessment.
- Copy of Passport, Employment letter, Employment Pass, latest computerized payslips.
Interest on the DBS Black Visa Card
The annual interest rate on the DBS Black Visa Card is 25.99%. If the outstanding amount for the month is above S$50 and the minimum amount isn’t paid before the due date, a late payment charge of S$80 is levied.
Customers are required to make a minimum payment of 3% of the monthly outstanding amount every month. In case overdue minimum amounts exist from previous monthly statements, they will be included in the minimum monthly amount to be paid for the current month. Any amount that exceeds the credit limit will also be included in the minimum monthly amount to be paid by the customer for the given calendar month.
Lost/stolen card liability
In case unauthorised transactions on the credit card take place before the customer reports the loss/theft of his/her card, the liability imposed by the bank is usually S$1000. The bank will thoroughly investigate the unauthorised transaction(s), if any, and evaluate if the customer has acted in a fraudulent or grossly negligent manner before coming to a final conclusion on the liability amount.
Reporting lost/stolen credit cards
Lost/stolen cards can be reported to the bank by contacting the bank’s customer service number. Upon providing card related details and information on the most recent transactions on the card, the bank will subsequently block the card and prevent any further transactions to take place.
Read More Related to Credit Cards: