DBS Black American Express Card Promotion
Given below is a list of promotions for DBS Black Visa Card:
Bangkok Jam by Creative Eateries - Spend a minimum amount of S$50 and enjoy a discount of 10% on your total bill. This promotion is valid until 31 December 2017.
Bornga - Enjoy a 10% discount on your total bill. This promotion is valid until 31 December 2017.
Asiatravel - Get an extra 15% discount on your hotel bookings and S$60 discount on your flight bookings. This promotion is valid until 31 December 2017.
Red Tail Bar - Enjoy a 1-for-1 on house pour loose drinks and/or beer. This promotion is valid until 28 February 2018.
Expedia - Get a 10% discount on eligible hotel reservations. Use promo code, “DBEXPHOL”. This promotion is valid until 31 January 2019.
The DBS Black American Express MasterCard
The DBS Black American Express MasterCard comes with a host of benefits, helping you make your shopping, retail and other expenses convenient, safe and secure. Let us take a look at the features, fee details, interest rate, benefits and other aspects of the DBS Black American Express MasterCard.
Features of the DBS Black American Express MasterCard
- The annual fee for the first year is waived.
- The card allows you to earn DBS reward points on purchases. These reward points can be redeemed for an array of inviting discounts and offers.
- DBS reward points can be earned with every S$1 you spend using your credit card.
- These reward points can be redeemed for a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions all through the year.
- DBS points also enable you to earn travel miles. 1 DBs earned is equivalent to 2 miles.
Benefits of DBS Black American Express MasterCard
- The DBS Black American Express MasterCard can be used to make cash withdrawals from overseas and domestic ATMs.
- The DBS Black American Express MasterCard gives you access to privileges under the American Express Selects program, enabling you to avail inviting offers from participating merchants including hotels, restaurants and more.
- The card allows for easy instalment payment options on shopping bills.
Instalment payment options
- The DBS Black American Express MasterCard lets you convert your shopping expenses to easy 12-month instalment payment options.
- The 12-month plan does not attract any interest or processing fee.
- In order to avail the benefit, send an SMS to 7060 by typing MP3F NRIC.
Insurance offered by the card
The DBS Black American Express Card provides you with a Free Accident Insurance Cover of up to $350,000 in the event of travel accidents. Note: Insurance terms and conditions apply.
Fee and charges
|Type of fee
|Supplementary card fee
|Late payment charges
||S$80 if monthly outstanding is above S$50
|Cash advance fee
||6% of withdrawn amount
|Interest on cash advance
Transactions in foreign currencies
- Transactions that take place in foreign currencies will be charged a currency conversion fee of 1 % by the card association and an administrative fee of 2.5%.
- Foreign currency transactions performed using the card in currencies other than USD will first be converted to USD and then to SGD.
- Conversions take place at prevailing exchange rates mandated by the government or determined by the banks. Currency conversion and administrative charges are levied on the converted SGD amount.
Cash withdrawals made using the DBS Black American Express MasterCard will be charged a cash handling fee of 6% of the withdrawn amount. Additional interest charges at the rate of 28% p.a. subject to compounding will be levied on a daily basis until the amount is repaid in full. The minimum daily amount imposed will be S$2.50.
How to apply for the DBS Black American Express MasterCard
If you wish to apply for the DBS Black American Express MasterCard, visit the official DBS website and fill the online application form. Once filled and submitted, an executive from the bank will get in touch with you and take the application process forward. The approval of the credit card application is solely dependent on meeting the eligibility criteria.
Eligibility criteria for the DBS Black American Express MasterCard
- Minimum age: 21 years of age.
- Minimum income:
- Singaporeans & permanent residents: S$30,000 p.a.
- Foreigners: S$45,000 p.a.
- Salaried individuals:
- Copy of NRIC, latest computerized payslips, Income Tax Notice of Assessment.
- Self-employed individuals:
- Copy of NRIC, Bank statement (3 months), CPF contribution history for the last 1 year, Income Tax Notice of Assessment.
- Individuals with varied income:
- Copy of NRIC, bank statements for the last 3 months, Income Tax Notice of Assessment.
- Copy of passport, Employment Letter from Employer, Employment Pass, latest computerized payslips.
- Supplementary card applicant:
Interest on the DBS Black American Express
The annual interest rate on the DBS Black American Express MasterCard is 25.90%. The interest is levied on a compounding basis until the amount in the statement is repaid in full. The interest rate on the DBS Black
As a DBS Black American Express Customer, you are expected to make a monthly minimum payment of 3% of the outstanding balance for the month + any pending minimum monthly payments for previous months + any amount that exceeds the credit limit. A late payment charge of S$80 will be levied in case the payment is not made by the due date.
Lost/stolen card liability
The liability for lost/stolen cards is S$100. Customers are liable to pay liability charges if fraudulent transactions have taken place before the bank is notified about the loss/theft. Customers are required to give written confirmation to the bank on the loss/theft of their credit card in case an incident of that sort were to arise.
Reporting lost/stolen credit cards
Lost or stolen cards can be reported to the bank by contacting the DBS credit card hotline Number. Customers are required to provide details of their card including the card number, the pin, etc. and information on the most recent transactions performed by them using their card. The bank will subsequently block the card from future transactions. Customers are also expected to provide written confirmation of the loss/theft of their card.