While travelling may have many benefits, we can all agree that travelling comes with its own set of disadvantages. Right from worrying about ticket costs to lost baggage, there is a whole list of inconveniences one could face. Probably one of the biggest hassles about flying is waiting for connecting flights. These flights could cause a mere hour’s wait or could result in waiting periods of up to 6 or more hours for the next flight to begin boarding. After all, air tickets don’t come cheap and splurging on access to airport lounges where you can await your flights in comfort is not a luxury many can afford. But with the right credit card one doesn’t need to. Certain credit cards offer complimentary access to airport lounges around the globe and are as follows.
ANZ Travel Visa Signature
- Lounge Benefits: The ANZ Travel Visa Signature cardholders can avail two complimentary DragonPass airport lounge access passes. For every S$10,000 charged to the card in a calendar quarter, the cardholder receives two complimentary DragonPass vouchers which allows them to access over 800 airport lounges across the globe. When cardholders qualify for the pass, it will be sent to the cardholder’s DragonPass membership account which can be redeemed by the through the DragonPass mobile app. Cardholders can receive a maximum of 8 passes per calendar year or two per quarter.
- Other Benefits: The card offers new cardholders a chance to win 25,000 frequent flyer miles. With 10,000 miles offered when they pay the annual fees of the card for the first year and an additional 10,800 miles when the cardholder charges S$3,000 to the card in the first month. The card earns 1.4 Miles for every S$1 charged to the card. A charge of S$3,000 would fetch 4,200 Miles bringing the total Miles that a cardholder can earn to S$25,000. The card also offers complimentary one way airport limousine transfers, a complimentary travel insurance and savings of 14% on fuel expenses incurred at Caltex stations.
- Eligibility Criteria: The card comes with an annual fee waiver of one year with subsequent annual fees of S$200 for the principal card and S$100 for the supplementary card. The card requires a minimum annual income of S$60,000 for Singaporean nationals or permanent residents and S$90,000for foreign nationals.
HSBC Visa Infinite
- Lounge Benefits: Cardholders receive a complimentary priority pass membership in the form of a prestige membership worth US$399. This membership provides cardholders unlimited access to all 700 airport VIP lounges participating in Priority Pass.
- Other Benefits: Cardholders get a welcome gift of 30,000 Miles which are given in the form of 75,000 HSBC reward points. These points can be converted into Miles for a fee of S$40. The card earns Miles based on tenure and spend. In the first year, the card earns 1 Mile for every S$1 charged to the card. From the second year onwards, provided the card has been charged with S$50,000 in the previous year, the card earns 1.25 Miles for every S$1 charged to the card. From year three onwards, provided the card has been charged with S$75,000 in the previous year, the card earns 1.5 Miles for every S$1 charged to it. The card also offers a complimentary one way limousine transfer to or from the airport, provides an expedited immigration clearance facility at major airports in Asia and offers complimentary travel accident insurance with a cover of up to S$2 Million.
- Eligibility Criteria: The card is available only through invitation and charges no annual fee on the supplementary card.
Citibank PremierMiles Visa Signature
- Lounge Benefits: The card offers a priority pass membership worth US$99 and two complimentary access passes every 12 months. The passes grant access to over 700 participating airport lounges across the globe. Only two visits are free and subsequent visits to lounges charge US$27 per visit.
- Other Benefits: Cardholders can earn up to 42,000 Miles as a welcome gift. The card provides 30,000 Miles when the card is approved and charged with any amount. The card also gives 15,000 Miles when S$10,000 is charged to the card within the first three months of the card being approved. The card earns 1.2 miles for every S$1 charged to it which gives the cardholder 12,000 miles for the S$10,000 charged bringing the total to 42,000 Miles. The card earns 2 Miles for every S$1 charged overseas. The miles accumulated never expire and can be used to pay for flights or hotel accommodations or can be redeemed for cash rebates at the rate of S$10 for 1,200 Miles.
- Eligibility Criteria: The card has an annual fee of S$192.60 for the primary card. The annual fee is waived for the first year on the primary card and waived for life on the supplementary card. The card requires the cardholder to earn a minimum annual income of S$50,000.
American Express KrisFlyer Ascend
- Lounge Benefits: This credit card offers cardholders access to select airport lounges in Singapore and across the globe. Cardholders receive 4 complimentary access passes that can be used at any participating SATS Premier Lounge in Singapore or in any participating Plaza Premier Lounge across the globe. Once these passes have been used, subsequent visits to select lounges in Singapore get a 30% discount on the walk in rate and for select lounges overseas, cardholders can get a 20% discount on the walk in rate.
- Other Benefits: Cardholders can earn 2 Miles for every S$1 charged overseas or on expenses at silkair.com, in flight or online purchases at KrisShop and SilkAir SkyShop. Local expenses charged to the card earns 1.2 Miles for every S$1 charged to the card. Cardholders also receive a welcome gift of 5,000 miles when they charge the card for the first time with any amount and an additional 5,000 Miles when the card is charged with S$1,000 within the first 6 months of the card being approved. Cardholders can also avail a complimentary travel insurance with a cover of up to S$1 Million for accidental death or total and permanent disablement when they purchase flight tickets solely using their card.
- Eligibility Criteria: The card charges an annual fee of S$337.05 for the principal card and S$80.25 for the supplementary card. The card requires a minimum annual income of S$50,000 for Singaporean nationals or permanent residents and S$60,000 for foreign nationals.
DBS Altitude Visa Signature
- Lounge Benefits: The DBS Altitude Visa Signature card has the same offer on airport lounge access as the Citi PremierMiles Visa card. The card offers a priority pass membership worth US$99 to the cardholders which includes two complimentary access passes every 12 months to 700 VIP lounges across the world. Once the cardholder has utilized their passes, every visit to one of these lounges will cost US$27 per visit per person. The complimentary passes can be shared with a guest only if the principal cardholder is accompanying them.
- Other Benefits: The card offers a concierge service along with a complimentary travel accident insurance that has a cover of S$1 Million when cardholders charge the entire airfare to their card. The card earns 1.2 Miles for every S$1 charged locally and up to 28th February 2017, the card earns 3 Miles for every S$1 charged overseas.
- Eligibility Criteria: The card charges an annual fee of and S$192.60 for the principal card and S$96.30 for the supplementary card. The annual fees are waived for the first year. The card requires a minimum annual income of S$30,000 for Singaporean nationals or permanent residents and S$45,000 for foreign nationals.
Even if the tickets purchased are economy class, these credit cards offer airport lounge privileges allowing cardholders to experience luxury and comfort.