With a Citi Supplementary Card, you’ll be able to enjoy rewards, rebates, and discounts at more than 700 qualifying outlets in Singapore. Depending on your principal credit card, you could also get annual fee waiver on your supplementary card. In fact, there are a few cards that are free for lifetime. With such cards, you’ll be able to pass additional credit to your family members along with similar card benefits. Such an add-on card is a reliable option when you want to assist your family members who are dependant on you, at least financially. As a primary cardholder, you’ll not only be able to set up a credit limit for your add-on card but you’ll also be able to monitor the transactions done using your add-on card.
Features & Benefits: Customisable Credit Limit
- You can customise your credit limit (monthly) according to your preference.
- You can assign a minimum of S$1,000 as the credit limit for your supplementary card(s). The maximum credit limit you can assign is the overall credit limit of your credit card account.
- You can allocate a separate credit limit for each of your different supplementary cards.
- You can set the credit card limit for all Citi Supplementary Cards except the Esso Mobil Privilege Card.
- You can set up a credit limit to your existing add-on card by downloading a form from the bank’s official website or by using the 24/7 CitiPhone Banking hotline.
- With an add-on card, you’ll qualify for benefits such as:
- Travel promotional offers
- Citibank Gourmet Pleasures (dining offers)
- Petrol deals (fuel savings at Esso and Shell fuel stations)
- Citi Rebate (10% rebate at more than 300 locations)
- One Bill (Earn cashback/miles/rewards points as you pay)
- You can opt to apply for an add-on card only for your family members. The relationships given below will be referred to as family:
- Children (includes both adopted and step-children)
- Son-in-law, daughter-in-law, and parents-in-law
- Sisters/brothers (includes both step-brother and step-sister)
- Grandparents and grandparents-in-law
- Fiance or fiancee
Citi Credit Cards That Come With Supplementary Cards
Fees and Charges: No Annual Fee on Select Cards
|Citi Cash Back Card
|Citibank Clear Card
|Citi Rewards Card
|Citi PremierMiles American Express Card
|Citi PremierMiles Visa Card
|Citi Prestige Card
||Free for life
|Citi M1 Card
|Citibank SMRT Card
How a Supplementary Card Differs From the Primary Card
A few of the differences between an add-on and a primary card have been given below:
- In comparison to a primary card, you’ll be charged a lower annual fee for your add-on card. Also, a few add-on cards like Citi PremierMiles Visa / American Express® Card and Citi Prestige Card are free for life.
Minimum age criterion:
- For a primary card, you need to be at least 21 years old. However, for an add-on card, you need to be 18 years and above.
Minimum annual income:
- For a basic card, you need to meet the minimum income criterion. However, for an add-on card, minimum annual income requirement is not applicable.
- To apply for a primary credit card you need to submit your Income Tax Notice of Assessment and most recent computerized payslip (original). However, for an add-on card, you need not submit these documents.