Citi Rewards Visa Signature Card Promotions(updated 2017)
- Emirates - Get a discount of 10% on Flex and Flex Plus flight tickets. Get a discount of 5% on Saver flight tickets. The booking period is valid until December 31, 2017 and the travel period is valid until March 31, 2018.
- Shell and Esso fuel promotion - Enjoy petrol savings of up to 14% at Shell and Esso throughout the year on this credit card. This is an ongoing promotion that is valid until otherwise stated by the bank/merchant partners.
- Hotels.com - Enjoy 8% discount on Hotels.com on your Citi Visa Card. The booking period is valid until December 31, 2017 and the travel period is valid until March 31, 2018.
- Expedia - Enjoy a discount of 15% on your bookings at Expedia. The booking period is valid until February 28, 2018 and the travel period is valid until August 30, 2018.
Citi Rewards Visa Signature Card Overview
The Citi Rewards Card offers Reward Points on your shopping escapades online as well as at retail stores. You can accumulate your points and redeem them for merchandise or to plan your next holiday.
Apply for this citibank credit card by July 31, 2017 and have it approved within 30 days of your application submission to get a Lazada Voucher worth S$200.
Terms and Conditions:
- To be eligible for this promotion, you must spend a minimum of S$200 on retail purchases within 30 days of your card approval date.
- Every cardholder will be eligible to receive 1 Lazada Voucher worth S$200 regardless of how many credit cards they successfully apply for.
Citi Rewards Visa Signature Card Rewards
What you get:
- 10 Rewards Points when shopping for clothes, shoes and bags at retail or online stores and at department stores. This is applicable on local as well as overseas shopping.
- 1 Rewards Point on all other retail transactions.
How to redeem rewards points on this card?
You can accumulate and redeem your points for a variety of merchandise in the following way (the below mentioned are for illustrative purposes):
- 2,640 Rewards Points = Starbucks Voucher worth S$10.
- 5,390 Rewards Points = Isetan Voucher worth S$20.
- 12,380 Rewards Points = TANGS Gift Card worth S$50.
- 36,000 Rewards Points = Cash rebate worth S$100.
- 87,500 Rewards Points = Round-trip flight tickets to Seoul.
- 240,000 Rewards Points = Cash rebate worth S$600 OR shopping vouchers worth S$900 OR 96,000 miles OR round-trip flight tickets to Sydney.
You can redeem your points through the following way:
- Citi ThankYou Rewards OR
- Transfer your points to a Frequent Flyer Program or a Hotel Membership Program OR
- Redeem vouchers at more than 500 rewards outlets instantly OR
- SMS the bank to get cash rebate on your card statements instantly.
Charges and details:
- Rewards Points will be offered in the form of Citi Dollars which are capped at 20,000 Citi Dollars for every statement cycle.
- The Rewards Points are capped at 120,000 Citi Dollars per card anniversary year and per Citi Dollars Period (60 months).
Benefits of the Citi Rewards Visa Signature Card
- Enjoy 1 year annual fee waiver on the principal credit card and first 2 supplementary credit cards.
- Get Citi Rebate of up to 10% at more than 300 participating merchants including Subway, Sheng Siong, Starbucks, etc.
- Enjoy cashback of 5% at Citi Globeshopper on your charges for online shipping.
Instalment Payment Plans
Citibank offers a choice of 2 Payment Plans to cardholders.
- Citibank Equal Payment Plan (EPP) - You can convert your retail purchases into instalment payments at 0% interest for up to 24 months with EPP at more than 1,000 merchant partners. You simply need to ask for Citibank EPP before making the payment at the store to get this benefit.
- Citibank Paywise - Convert retail purchases of a minimum amount of S$500 into 6 months instalment payments at 0% interest with Paywise. A one-time service charge of 4.5% will be applicable (EIR of 22.55% p.a.).
Citi Rewards Visa Signature Card Insurance Benifits
Enjoy complimentary travel insurance for yourself as well as your spouse (must also be a Citi cardholder) and children when you purchase the air fares using your Citi Rewards Credit Card.
- Accidental Death and Permanent Disablement - Principal/supplementary cardholders will get cover of up to S$1 million. Children will receive cover of up to S$50,000.
- Medical and accidental dental expenses occurring overseas - Principal/supplementary cardholders will get cover of up to S$40,000. Children will receive cover of up to S$20,000.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation - Cover of up to S$100,000 for all members.
- Repatriation - Cover of up to S$50,000 for all members.
- Travel inconvenience cover:
- Baggage Loss - Cover of up to S$1,000.
- Baggage Delay - Cover of S$200 per delay of 8 hours (Maximum cover of S$500).
- Flight Delay - Cover of S$100 per delay of 8 hours (Maximum cover of S$500).
- Trip Cancellation - Cover of up to S$500.
- Trip Interruption - Cover of up to S$500.
Fees & Charges on Citi Rewards Visa Signature Card
|Type of fee
|Annual fee for Principal Credit Card
||S$192.60 (First year fee waived)
|Annual fee for Supplementary Credit Card
|| S$96.30 (First year fee waived for 2 credit cards)
|Prevailing Interest rate
|| 26% p.a.
|Late payment charges
|Cash advance fee
|| S$15 or 6% of the withdrawn amount, depending on whichever of the two is higher
|Interest on cash advance
|| S$26.9% p.a.
Charges for Foreign CurrencyTransactions
- Credit card transactions that are made in US Dollars (overseas/online) will be converted to Singapore Dollars. Credit card transactions that are made in a currency other than the US Dollar will first be converted to US Dollar and then to Singapore Dollar. Australian Dollar purchases made on your VISA card will be directly converted to Singapore Dollar.
- The conversion of the currency will be based on the prevailing foreign exchange rates of Citibank or an exchange rate determined by VISA.
- In addition, 2.8% will be charged as an administrative charge if the transaction is processed by VISA international.
- For DCC or Dynamic Currency Conversion, 0.8% will be charged as an administrative fee by VISA.
- For Singapore Dollar transactions that are made overseas, 0.8% of the processed amount will be charged as an administrative fee by VISA.
Citi Rewards Visa Signature Card Overseas Use Activation
To use your Citibank Credit Card overseas, you must activate overseas use on your card. You have the option to perpetually activate overseas use on your card or you can activate and then deactivate the overseas facility upon your return to Singapore.
You can activate overseas use on your card in the following ways:
- By sending an SMS to the bank through the registered mobile number.
- By using the Self Service Phone Banking facility by entering your credit card details.
- Through the Citi Mobile application.
- Through Citibank Online Banking.
The procedure for each are provided on the bank’s official Singapore website.
Charges for Cash withdrawals (domestic and overseas)
You will be charged a cash advance fee of S$15 or 6% of the amount you withdraw. The interest rate for cash withdrawals (cash interest rate) is 26.9% p.a. If your account is past due in the current month, your cash interest rate will be revised to 29.9% p.a.
How to apply for the Citi Rewards Visa Signature Card
You can apply for this credit card online on the bank’s official Singapore website.
Eligibility for the Citi Rewards Visa Signature Card
- Minimum age - 21 years.
- Minimum income:
- Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents - S$30,000 p.a.
- Foreigners - S$42,000 p.a.
- Copy of NRIC or Passport AND
- Most recent computerized original payslip OR
- Income Tax Notice of Assessment OR
- CPF Statements for the past 12 months.
- Copy of NRIC or Passport AND
- Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the past 2 years AND
- Bank statements for the past 3 months.
- Copy of Passport AND
- Copy of Work Permit AND
- Copy of your telephone/utility bill or bank statement that contains your name and address AND
- Most recent computerized original payslip AND
- Income Tax Notice of Assessment.
Interest rates on the Citi Rewards Visa Signature Card
The prevailing interest rate applicable on the Citi Rewards Visa Signature Card is 26% p.a. In the event that your credit card account is past due, your retail interest will be revised to 29% p.a. Your interest rate will revert to the prevailing interest when your account is longer in past due in the present month and is no longer twice or more past due in the last 6 months.
If your outstanding balance is less than S$3, then the minimum repayment amount on your credit card is S$3. The repayment grace period offered on this card is 25 days from your statement date.
The minimum repayment amount on your credit card statement is cumulative of the following:
- 1% of your card’s current balance or S$25 +
- 1% of your outstanding unbilled amount (if applicable) +
- The prevailing interest charged which includes any service charges for recurring bills or instalment payment plan, etc. +
- Any late payment fee or S$50, depending on whichever of the two is higher (if applicable) +
- Overdue amount (if applicable).
If your current balance is below S$25, your minimum due will be the same amount as your current balance.
Lost/stolen Card Liability
If you have lost your credit card or it has been stolen or the card PIN has been disclosed to an unknown party, you must immediately contact Citibank and notify them of the incident. The maximum liability for any unauthorized or fraudulent transactions made on your card will be limited to S$100 if the bank is satisfied of the following:
- The loss/theft was not due to your negligence.
- You have not acted fraudulently.
- You have informed the bank of the incident immediately.
Card Protection Schemes
Citi Alerts - Opt for Citi Alerts wherein you will receive an email or SMS immediately after a transaction is made on your credit card. You also have the option to customise your default amount which will trigger the notification sent to you.
3D OTP - For online transactions, receive a One Time Password (OTP) when you transact at 3D Secure merchants. With this additional layer of protection, an OTP will be sent to you which you need to enter in order to complete your transaction online.
Reporting lost/stolen Credit Cards
You can contact Citibank through the following ways to report the loss/theft of your Citi Credit Card:
- Citi Phone Banking (a step-by-step demo is available online on the bank’s website).
- If your card has been lost/stolen overseas, contact the bank on their Citi Phone Banking number which is available 24/7.