The Citi Rewards Visa Card is the ultimate rewards credit card that rewards all your shopping endeavours including shopping for clothes, shoes and bags at online or retail stores or even departmental stores, both in Singapore and overseas.
Earn 10 Rewards Points per S$1 that you spend on this card when you shop for clothes, shoes and bags, both locally or overseas. You also have the option to convert your Rewards into air miles at the rate of 10 Reward Points = 4 air miles. Your Reward Points will be valid for a period of 5 years.
Any other purchase that you make on your Citi Rewards Visa Card will earn you 1 Rewards Point per S$1 spent. You can accumulate and redeem your Rewards Points for vouchers, gift cards, cash rebate, or even return tickets.
Enjoy Citi Privileges on this card such as travel perks from Emirates, Agoda, Expedia and more. Save up to 14% on fuel spends at Shell and Esso stations. Also, earn up to 10% Citi Rebate at more than 300 partners such as Subway, Starbucks, Sheng Siong and many more.
Enjoy complimentary travel insurance when you purchase your flight tickets using your Citi Rewards Visa Card. Apply for this credit card today and enjoy an annual fee waiver for the first year.
Citi Rewards Visa Signature Card Promotions
Emirates – Get a discount of 10% on Flex and Flex Plus flight tickets. Get a discount of 5% on Saver flight tickets. The booking period is valid until 31 December 2017 and the travel period is valid until 31 March 2018.
Esso fuel promotion – Enjoy petrol savings of up to 14% at Esso throughout the year on this credit card. This is an ongoing promotion that is valid until otherwise stated by the bank/merchant partners.
Hotels.com – Enjoy 8% discount on Hotels.com on your Citi Visa Card. The booking period is valid until 31 December 2017 and the stay period is valid until 31 March 2018.
Expedia – Enjoy a discount of 15% on your hotel bookings at Expedia. The booking period is valid until 31 December 2017 and the stay period is valid until 31 March 2018.
Citi Rewards Visa Signature Card Joining Benefits
Get up to S$120 as cashback if you apply online for a Citi credit card, and spend at least S$200 per month for a duration of 6 months. This campaign is valid up to 30 June 2018.
Features of Citi Rewards Visa Signature Card
- This card is also available in the Mastercard network.
- The annual fee is waived for the first year on the principal card and the first 2 supplementary cards.
- This is a card designed for shopping, both offline and online.
Rewards on the Citi Rewards Visa Card
What you get:
- 10 Rewards Points when shopping for clothes, shoes and bags at retail or online stores and at department stores. This is applicable on local as well as overseas shopping.
- 1 Rewards Point on all other retail transactions.
- The rewards points are credited in the form of Citi Dollars.
How to redeem
You can accumulate and redeem your points for a variety of merchandise in the following ways (the below-mentioned are for illustrative purposes):
- 2,640 Rewards Points = Starbucks Voucher worth S$10.
- 5,390 Rewards Points = Isetan Voucher worth S$20.
- 12,380 Rewards Points = TANGS Gift Card worth S$50.
- 36,000 Rewards Points = Cash rebate worth S$100.
- 87,500 Rewards Points = Round-trip flight tickets to Seoul.
- 240,000 Rewards Points = Cash rebate worth S$600 or shopping vouchers worth S$900 or 96,000 miles or round-trip flight tickets to Sydney.
You can redeem your points through the following ways:
- Citi ThankYou Rewards, or
- Transfer your points to a Frequent Flyer Programme or a Hotel Membership Programme, or
- Redeem vouchers at more than 500 rewards outlets instantly, or
- SMS the bank to get cash rebate on your card statements instantly.
Charges and details:
- The Rewards Points are capped at 120,000 Citi Dollars per card anniversary year and per Citi Dollars Period (60 months).
Benefits of the Citi Rewards Visa Signature Card
- Enjoy 1-year annual fee waiver on the principal credit card and first 2 supplementary credit cards.
- Get Citi Rebate of up to 10% at more than 300 participating merchants including Subway, Sheng Siong, Starbucks, etc.
- Get exclusive dining discounts through Citi Gourmet Pleasures.
Instalment Payment Plans
Citi offers a choice of 2 Payment Plans to cardholders.
- Citi Equal Payment Plan (EPP) – You can convert your retail purchases into instalment payments at 0% interest for up to 24 months with EPP at more than 1,000 merchant partners. You simply need to ask for Citi EPP before making the payment at the store to get this benefit.
- Citi Paywise – Convert retail purchases of a minimum amount of S$500 into 6 months’ instalment payments at 0% interest with Paywise. An upfront service charge of 5% will be applicable (EIR of 25.18% p.a.).
Insurance provided by Citi Rewards Visa Signature Card
Enjoy complimentary travel insurance for yourself as well as your spouse (must also be a Citi cardholder) and children when you purchase the air fares using your Citi Rewards Credit Card.
- Accidental Death and Permanent Disablement – Principal/supplementary cardholders will get cover of up to S$1 million. Children will receive cover of up to S$50,000.
- Medical and accidental dental expenses occurring overseas - Principal/supplementary cardholders will get cover of up to S$40,000. Children will receive cover of up to S$20,000.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation – Cover of up to S$100,000 for all members.
- Repatriation – Cover of up to S$50,000 for all members.
- Travel inconvenience cover:
- Baggage Loss – Cover of up to S$1,000.
- Baggage Delay – Cover of S$200 per delay of 8 consecutive hours (Maximum cover of S$500).
- Flight Delay – Cover of S$100 per delay of 8 consecutive hours (Maximum cover of S$500).
- Trip Cancellation – Cover of up to S$500.
- Trip Interruption – Cover of up to S$500 (Applicable on minimum 5 consecutive days of Hospitalization Overseas)
Fees and charges on the Citi Rewards Visa Signature Card
|Type of fee
|Annual fee for Principal Credit Card
||S$192.60 (First-year fee waived)
|Annual fee for Supplementary Credit Card
||S$96.30 (First-year fee waived for 2 credit cards)
|Prevailing Interest rate
|Late payment charges
|Cash advance fee
||S$15 or 6% of the withdrawn amount, depending on whichever of the two is higher
|Interest on cash advance
Transactions in foreign currencies
- Credit card transactions that are made in US dollars (overseas/online) will be converted to Singapore dollars. Credit card transactions that are made in a currency other than the US dollar will first be converted to US dollar and then to Singapore dollar. Australian dollar purchases made on your Visa card will be directly converted to Singapore dollar.
- The conversion of the currency will be based on the prevailing foreign exchange rates of Citi or an exchange rate determined by Visa.
- In addition, 2.8% will be charged as an administrative charge if the transaction is processed by Visa international.
- For DCC or Dynamic Currency Conversion, 1% will be charged as an administrative fee by Visa.
- For Singapore Dollar transactions that are made overseas, 1% of the processed amount will be charged as an administrative fee by Visa.
Overseas use of the Citi Rewards Visa Signature Card
To use your Citi Credit Card overseas, you must activate overseas use on your card. You have the option to perpetually activate overseas use on your card or you can activate and then deactivate the overseas facility upon your return to Singapore.
You can activate overseas use on your card in the following ways:
- By sending an SMS to the bank through the registered mobile number.
- By using the Self Service Phone Banking facility by entering your credit card details.
- Through the Citi Mobile application.
- Through Citi Online Banking.
The procedure for each is provided on the bank’s official Singapore website.
Cash withdrawals (domestic and overseas)
You will be charged a cash advance fee of S$15 or 6% of the amount you withdraw. The interest rate for cash withdrawals (cash interest rate) is 26.9% p.a. If you have not made payments towards your cash advance even after the due date in the current month, your cash interest rate will be upped to 29.9% p.a.
How to apply for the Citi Rewards Visa Signature Card
Applicants can apply for the Citi Rewards Visa Card online at Bankbazaar.sg easily by providing their personal and financial details.
Eligibility criteria for the Citi Rewards Visa Signature Card
- Minimum age – 21 years.
- Minimum income:
- Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents – S$30,000 p.a.
- Foreigners – S$42,000 p.a.
Documents required for the Citi Rewards Visa Signature Card
- Copy of NRIC or Passport and
- Most recent computerised original payslip or
- Income Tax Notice of Assessment or
- CPF Statements for the past 12 months.
- Copy of NRIC or Passport and
- Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the past 2 years and
- Bank statements for the past 3 months.
- Copy of Passport and
- Copy of Work Permit and
- Copy of your telephone/utility bill or bank statement that contains your name and address and
- Most recent computerised original payslip and
- Income Tax Notice of Assessment.
Interest on the Citi Rewards Visa Signature Card
The prevailing interest rate applicable on the Citi Rewards Visa Signature Card is 26% p.a. In the event that your credit card account is past due, your retail interest will be revised to 29% p.a. Your interest rate will revert to the prevailing interest when your account no longer has any past dues in the present month and is no longer twice or more past due in the last 6 months.
To calculate the minimum amount, you take a cumulative of 1% of the current balance, plus 1% of any outstanding unbilled instalment amounts, plus interest charges (which includes interest/service charges for any recurring/instalment payments), and the late payment charge, OR S$50, whichever is greater. Besides, you must also pay the overdue amounts. If the current balance is less than S$50, you must make the minimum payment which is equivalent to current balance.
Lost/stolen card liability
If you have lost your credit card, it has been stolen or the card PIN has been disclosed to an unknown party, you must immediately contact Citi credit card hotlines and notify them of the incident. The maximum liability for any unauthorised or fraudulent transactions made on your card will be limited to S$100 if the bank is satisfied of the following:
- The loss/theft was not due to your negligence.
- You have not acted fraudulently.
- You have informed the bank of the incident immediately.
Card protection schemes
- Citi Alerts – Opt for Citi Alerts wherein you will receive an email or SMS immediately after a transaction is made on your credit card. You also have the option to customise your default amount, which will trigger the notification sent to you.
- 3D OTP – For online transactions, receive a One Time Password (OTP) when you transact at 3D Secure merchants. With this additional layer of protection, an OTP will be sent to you, which you need to input in order to complete your transaction online.
How to report if your Citi Rewards Visa Signature Card is lost/stolen?
You can contact Citi through the following ways to report the loss/theft of your Citi Credit Card:
- Citi Phone Banking (a step-by-step demo is available online on the bank’s website).
- If your card has been lost/stolen overseas, contact the bank on their Citi Phone Banking number which is available 24/7.
Citibank Rewards Visa Credit Card FAQ's
Is there an annual fee waiver for Citibank Rewards Visa Credit Card?
Yes, Citibank Rewards Visa Credit Card’s annual fee of S$192.60 (inclusive of GST) is waived off for the first year. Also, 2 supplementary cards’ annual fees (S$96.30) is also waived for a year.
How can I earn air miles using Citibank Rewards Visa Credit Card?
You can earn miles while using the Citibank Rewards Visa Credit Card in following ways:
- When you shop for shoes, bags or clothes online or offline, or shop at at any local or global department store, earn 4 Miles (in the form of 10 Rewards Points) for every S$1 spent. This offer extends to online shopping.
- Earn extra miles by using travel privileges.
What are the international transaction fees for using Citibank Rewards Visa Credit Card overseas?
Depending on the type of transaction and if the currency used is converted into the Singapore Dollar equivalents, you are charged administration fees and other charges:
- Foreign currency transactions: administrative fee of up to 3.3% on the converted Singapore dollar amount
- Dynamic Currency Conversion: an administrative fee of up to 1%
- Singapore Dollar transactions processed outside Singapore: an administrative fee of up to 1%
The transaction type also depends on the merchant who processes your currency.
Can I apply for the Citibank Rewards Visa Credit Card online?
Yes, you can apply for the Citibank Rewards Visa Credit Card online directly through the Citibank website, or through third party aggregators like BankBazaar. Some aggregators also offer additional signup deals as part of the offer.
Can I use my Citibank Rewards Visa Credit Card overseas?
Not only can you use your Citibank Rewards Visa Credit Card overseas, you can earn some serious rewards while doing so. The Citi Rebates programme and many others are valid globally, making this card well suited for globe trotting.