Citi Rewards Master Card Promotions(updated 2017)
- Expedia – Enjoy a discount of 15% on Expedia bookings. The booking period for this promotion is valid until February 28, 2018 and the stay period is valid until August 30, 2018.
- Petrol Promotion – Save up to 14% on petrol at Shell and Esso stations yearlong. This is an ongoing promotion that is valid until otherwise communicated by the bank or participating merchants.
- Accelerated Rewards Promotion – Earn up to 7X Rewards on Expedia on your flight tickets and hotel bookings. This is an ongoing promotion that is valid until February 28, 2018.
- Agoda – Up to 8% discount on bookings made for Indonesia and Thailand and up to 6% discounts across all other destinations. This is an ongoing promotion that is valid until December 31, 2017.
Citi Rewards Master Card Overview
Earn accelerated Rewards Points on your shopping experiences and redeem them for exciting merchandise, cash rebate and round-trip tickets to destinations across the on the Citi Rewards MasterCard.
Apply for the Citi Rewards Card by July 31, 2017 and get S$200 worth gift voucher from Lazada.
Terms and conditions:
- Your credit card application should be approved within 30 days of submitting your application to the bank.
- You must spend at least S$200 on this credit card on retail transactions within a period of 30 days after card approval to be eligible for this joining benefit.
- Every credit card applicant will receive only 1 Lazada voucher irrespective of the number of Citi credit cards approved within the qualifying period.
Citi Rewards Master Card Rewards
What you get:
- 10X Rewards on shopping for clothes, shoes and bags, within and outside Singapore. Online transactions, retail purchases and purchases at department stores qualify to earn 10X Rewards.
- 1X Rewards on all other purchases made on this card.
How to redeem:
Your accumulated Rewards Points can be redeemed in the following way:
- Instant redemption of points at over 500 participating merchant outlets.
- Redemption through the Citi ThankYou Rewards catalogue.
- Transfer your Rewards Points to Frequent Flyer and/or Hotel Membership Programs.
- Redeem for cash rebate by sending an SMS to the bank.
Here is an illustration on what you can redeem your Rewards Points for:
- 2,640 Rewards Points = S$10 voucher from Starbucks.
- 5,390 Rewards Points = S$20 voucher from Isetan.
- 12,380 Rewards Points = S$50 Gift Card from TANGS.
- 36,000 Rewards Points = S$100 cash rebate.
- 87,500 Rewards Points = Round-trip flight tickets to Seoul.
- 240,000 Rewards Points =
- S$600 cash rebate OR
- Shopping vouchers worth S$900 OR
- 96,000 miles OR
- Round-trip flight tickets to Sydney.
Charges and details:
- You will be awarded Rewards Points in the form of Citi Dollars. The maximum Citi Dollars you can earn per statement cycle is 20,000 Citi Dollars.
- The maximum Citi Dollars you can earn every card anniversary year is 120,000 Citi Dollars. You can accumulate a maximum of 120,000 Citi Dollars at the end of a Citi Dollars Period (60 months).
Benefits of the Citi Rewards Master Card
- The annual fee on the principal credit card is waived for the first year.
- The annual fee on the first 2 supplementary cards is waived for the first year.
- Earn up to 10% Citi Rebate at over 300 merchant partners such as Sheng Siong, Subway, Starbucks and more.
- Enjoy travel privileges throughout the year at Hotels.com, Agoda, Emirates, Airbnb, Accor Hotels, Avis, British Airways and more.
- Enjoy exclusive dining privileges with Citibank Gourmet Pleasures at Amara Singapore, Capella Singapore, Carlton Hotel Singapore and many more.
- Enjoy 5% cashback on your online shipping fees through Citi Globeshopper.
Instalment Payment Plans
You can choose from 2 payment plan options offered by Citibank to convert your large purchases into instalment payment plans:
- Citibank Paywise – Using Paywise, you can convert purchases of a minimum of S$500 into instalment payments of 6 months at 0% p.a. interest rate. You will be charged a one-time service fee of 4.5% (EIR of 22.55% p.a.).
- Citibank Equal Payment Plan (EPP) – Using EPP, you can convert your large purchases into instalments payments of up to 2 years (24 months) at 0% p.a. interest rate. This facility is available at more than 1,000 participating merchants. Before making the payment, request for Citibank EPP at the participating outlet.
Citi Rewards Master Card Insurance Benifits
Citibank offers complimentary travel insurance to cardholders of the Citi Rewards Card. Cardholders and their children will enjoy free insurance cover. Cardholder’s spouse must be a Citi cardmember to benefit from this insurance cover.
- Principal and supplementary cardholders will receive Accidental Death and Permanent Disablement cover of up to S$1 million. Their accompanying children will receive this cover for up to S$50,000.
- Principal and supplementary cardholders will receive medical and dental expenses cover of up to S$40,000. Their accompanying children will receive this cover for up S$20,000.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation cover of up to S$100,000 will be provided to all insured members.
- Repatriation cover of up to S$50,000 will be provided to all insured members.
- The following travel inconvenience covers are offered under this policy:
- Trip Cancellation cover of up to S$500.
- Trip Interruption cover of up to S$500.
- Flight Delay cover of S$100 per delay of 8 hours (maximum cover of S$500).
- Baggage Delay cover of S$200 per delay of 8 hours (maximum cover of S$500).
- Baggage Loss cover of up to S$1,000.
Fees & charges on the Citi Rewards Master Card
Type of fee
Principal Credit Card Annual fee
S$192.60 (First year fee waiver)
Supplementary Credit Card Annual fee
S$96.30 (First year fee waiver for 2 supplementary credit cards)
Prevailing rate of 26% p.a.
Late payment fee
Cash advance fee
S$15 or 6% of the withdrawn amount, depending on whichever of the two is higher
Interest on cash advance
Card Replacement Fee
Charges for Foreign CurrencyTransactions
- All online/overseas credit card transactions that are made in United States Dollar (USD) will be converted to Singapore Dollar (SGD). All online/overseas credit card transactions that are made in any other currency except USD will first be converted into USD and then into SGD. However, Australian Dollar (AUD) transactions will be directly converted into SGD.
- The currency conversions will depend on the prevailing foreign exchange rates of the bank or an exchange rate determined by MasterCard International. Here are the administrative fees charged on the converted SGD amount:
- Transactions that are processed by MasterCard International will be subject to an admin. fee of 2.8%.
- The admin. fee on the converted SGD amount is 3.3%.
- For a MasterCard International transaction converted through Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC), the admin. fee charged is 1%.
- For SGD transactions that are processed overseas, a 1% admin. charge will be applicable on transactions processed by MasterCard International.
Citi Rewards Master Card Overseas Activation
If you wish to use your Citi Rewards Card overseas, you must first activate your card for overseas use with the bank. Citibank offers two types of activation of your credit card for overseas use; perpetual activation of your card for overseas use or activation for a select period of time after which you can deactivate overseas use.
Activation of your card for overseas use can be done through the following channels:
- By using the Citi Mobile application.
- By using Citibank Online Banking.
- By sending an SMS to the bank from your registered mobile number.
- Through Self Service Phone Banking facility which will require you to enter your card details.
Note – The process for activation through each of the aforementioned channels can be found on Citibank’s official Singapore website.
Charges on Cash In Advance (domestic and overseas)
Cash withdrawals are subject to a charge of S$15 or 6% of the withdrawn amount, depending on whichever of the two is higher. The interest rate on cash advance transactions is 26.9% p.a. However, this rate will be increased to 29.9% p.a. if your account is in past due.
How to apply for the Citi Rewards Master Card?
You can apply online for the Citi Rewards MasterCard on Citibank’s official Singapore website.
Eligibility to apply for Citi Rewards Master Card
- Minimum age – 21 years.
- Minimum income:
- Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents – S$30,000 p.a.
- Foreigners – S$42,000 p.a.
- Salaried employees:
- Photocopy of NRIC/Passport +
- Latest 12 months CPF Statements OR
- Income Tax NOA (Notice of Assessment) OR
- Most recent computerized original payslip.
- Photocopy of NRIC/Passport +
- Latest 3 months bank statements +
- Income Tax NOA (Notice of Assessment) for the past 2 years.
- Photocopy of Passport +
- Photocopy of Work Permit +
- Photocopy of bank statement, phone or utility bill containing your name and address +
- Income Tax NOA (Notice of Assessment) +
- Most recent computerized original payslip.
Interestrates on the Citi Rewards Master Card
Citibank charges a prevailing interest rate of 26% p.a. on this credit card. In case your Citi Rewards Card account is past due, your interest rate will be increased to 29% p.a. The prevailing interest rate on your card will be restored when you no longer have a past due on your account in the current month and when you no longer have a past due at least two times or more in the past 6 months.
You have a repayment grace period of 25 days on your Citi Rewards Card from your statement date. The minimum monthly repayment amount is S$3. So, if your outstanding balance is less than S$3, you still have to repay the minimum amount.
The minimum monthly repayment amount is the computed by adding of the following charges:
- 1% of your credit card current balance or S$25 +
- 1% of your credit card outstanding unbilled amount (if applicable) +
- The prevailing interest charged (including service charges for recurring bills, instalment payment plan, etc.) +
- Any applicable late payment fees or S$50, depending on whichever of the two is higher +
- Any applicable overdue amount.
Note – If the current balance on your card account is less than S$25, in that case, your minimum amount due will remain the same as your current balance.
Lost/stolen card liability
In the event that your credit card has been lost, stolen or you suspect that your card PIN has been disclosed to an unknown party, you need to contact the bank immediately and inform them regarding the same. The bank must be satisfied that you notified the bank immediately after the incident, the loss or theft was not on account of your negligence and that you have not acted fraudulently.
If the bank is convinced of the above mentioned, then you are liable to pay a maximum of S$100 for any unauthorized or fraudulent transactions made on your card.
Card protection schemes
- 3D One Time Password (OTP) for online transactions – You can better secure your online transactions by opting for 3D OTP wherein, every time you transact on a 3D Secure website, you will be requested to enter an OTP to complete your transaction.
- Citi Alerts – With Citi Alerts, you will receive an SMS/email each time a transaction has been made using your credit card. You can also customise your default amount which will trigger the notification to be sent to you.
Reporting Lost/Stolen Credit Cards
In the event that your credit card has been lost or stolen, within or outside Singapore, you can contact Citibank to report the incident in the following ways:
- Citi Phone Banking – You can view the step-by-step demo available on Citibank’s official website.
- Citi Phone Banking (overseas) – If your card is lost or stolen overseas, contact the bank on the Citi Phone Banking number available for overseas reporting 24/7.