Citi Prestige Card for Rewards Point: Yet to Get Reviews
With this Citi card, you can get more bang for your buck by earning reward points for every dollar you charge to it. You can also enjoy great travel benefits and receive personalised care and attention from a global concierge.
- Get 5 Citi Dollars for every S$1 you spend overseas.
- Get 3.25 Citi Dollars for every S$1 you spend locally.
- Additionally get up to 30% Citi Dollar reward points if you establish a banking relationship with Citi.
- Enjoy a 24-hour dedicated concierge service.
Best suited to : Someone who loves to travel and shop from around the world.
||S$535 (no fee waiver)
|Reward points on overseas retail transactions
||5 Citi Dollars for every S$1
|Reward points on local retail transactions
||3.25 Citi Dollars for every S$1
|Complimentary travel insurance
||Up to S$1 million
||Free stay for a night at any hotel, subject to conditions
|Airport lounge access
||Unlimited access to VIP lounges with Priority Pass
|Airlines that miles can be used in
||AirAsia, Singapore Airlines, Garuda, British Airways, Etihad, Eva Air, and Malaysia Airlines
- Promotions will be available on this card from time to time. Check our dedicated Citi promotions page for more information.
- Enjoy a wide range of dining, travel, and lifestyle benefits.
- Get 62,500 Citi Dollars as annual renewal bonus.
- Enjoy an extra night’s stay at any hotel of your choice if your booking is at least for 4 consecutive nights. There is no cap on this benefit. Hotel reservations must be made through the Citi Prestige Concierge facility.
- Enjoy one-way limousine transfers to or from Changi International Airport 8 times a year.
- Get access to hundreds of VIP airport lounges around the world with your Priority Pass. No additional membership fees or lounge pass fees will be charged.
- Enjoy golfing privileges with this card.
- Be indemnified for up to S$5,000 per card, when an item purchased with this card gets damaged or stolen within 30 days from the date of purchase, provided you pay 15% of the claim amount or S$50.
- Get up to 10% Citi Rebate at more than 300 merchant outlets.
- Get 5 Citi Dollars per S$1 on overseas spend and 3.25 Citi Dollars per S$1 on local spend.
Points will be credited to your card account for eligible retail purchases.
Payment plans, card bills, cash advances and similar transactions won’t fetch you reward points.
The Citi Dollars, earned on your card, will be valid for 5 years.
Let Us Illustrate:
Let us assume that you have spent S$500 in foreign currency and S$800 in local currency in a month. The following table shows the number of Citi Dollars and miles you can earn based on this month’s spend:
[Disclaimer: These numbers are for illustrative purposes only. The actual numbers may vary from the numbers shown here.]
Redeeming your Earned Rewards
- Visit the bank’s redemption website to redeem these points for gifts.
- When you pay with your card, an SMS will be sent to you with a link. Click on it to redeem your points or miles.
- The reward points earned by you can also be used to offset purchases instantly or convert them to gift vouchers. Reward vouchers are usually valid for 3 months unless stated otherwise. You’ll have to enter your card number and sign before presenting the voucher at a participating merchant outlet. The venue you can collect your voucher from, can be found either on the bank’s online rewards catalog or on the voucher itself.
- You can also redeem your points when you’re paying with Samsung Pay. Simply click on the “Citi Pay with Points” option and choose any one of the last 10 transactions you have completed over the last 80 days. Hit the “Redeem Now” button to complete the process.
- You may convert your Citi Dollar reward points to miles, too. 5 Citi Dollars is equal to 2 miles. An administrative fee of S$25 will be levied for each mile transfer requested. You’ll have to be a member of the respective airline to which you wish to convert your rewards points.
You can also send an SMS to convert your points to cash rebates. 4,200 Citi Dollars can be redeemed for a cash rebate of S$10. Points can be converted to cash rebate blocks of S$10, S$20, or S$50 only. This service is not available to supplementary cardholders though.
Complimentary Insurance Coverage
The complimentary travel insurance on the Citi Prestige Card is issued and underwritten by AIG. This travel plan offers coverage for the following:
|Death or disability while travelling in a carrier
||Up to S$1 million
|Medical and dental expenses in a covered trip abroad
||Up to S$50,000
|Evacuation due to a medical emergency
||Up to S$100,000
|Repatriation of a dead body to Singapore
||Up to S$50,000
|Loss of luggage while travelling
||S$1,000 (Maximum limit is S$500 for a single article, a pair of articles, or a set of articles)
|Delay of flights during the covered trip
||Up to S$400
|Delay in arrival of baggage
||Up to S$400
Who All Will Be Covered by the Insurance?
The following people will be covered by this insurance policy:
- The cardholder
- The spouse of the cardholder
- Any dependent child accompanying the cardholder on the covered trip
As an owner of this card, you’ll have access to 24-hour global concierge service for all your lifestyle- and travel-related needs. This team of experts can offer you guidance in a number of languages. Call the dedicated helpline from anywhere in the world to use this service.
|Type of Interest
|Instalment Payment Plan
Fees and Charges
|Type of Charge
|Overseas Transaction Fee
|Late Payment Fee
|Over Limit Fee
|Cash Advance Fee
||6% of the amount withdrawn or S$15, whichever is higher
|Supplementary Card Fee
Before you decide to make this card your shopping and travel partner, make sure to check the eligibility requirements.
Activating the Card for Overseas Expenses
Generally, the magnetic stripe on your card for will be deactivated for security reasons, unless you have specifically asked for activation at the time of application. Before undertaking an overseas trip, you’ll have to activate it if you wish to use it at retail terminals. Once you do so, you’ll be able to enjoy the Citi World Privileges at more than 40,000 merchant establishments across 36 countries.
Activate this feature of your card by doing any of the following:
- Send an SMS from your registered mobile number.
- Use the self-service phone banking facility to complete the activation.
- Use the bank’s website to activate the magnetic stripe on the card.
- Use the bank’s mobile app for the same.
As soon as the magnetic stripe is activated, you’ll receive a confirmation SMS. For security reasons, you’re advised to deactivate the card after your return to Singapore. You can do so by using any one of the following modes:
- By sending an SMS.
- Using the bank’s mobile app.
- Through the bank’s website.
Instalment Payment Plans Available
The following instalment payment plans are offered by Citi:
Citibank Equal Payment Plan:
- Stretch your dollars when you make a purchase by spreading your payments over monthly instalments at no extra cost since this is an interest-free plan.
- This card benefit can be accessed at more than 1,000 participating stores.
- Stretch your payments for up to 24 months.
- Charge a purchase to your card at a participating merchant location and ask the counter executive to activate this plan.
- No reward points will be awarded on payments made in relation to this plan.
- An amount equal to the price of the item purchased will be deducted from your credit limit and blocked. It’ll be restored progressively as you make instalment payments.
- Call the relevant hotline to cancel the plan. You’ll have to settle your outstanding balance, which will appear in the subsequent card bill, by the payment due date. If you fail to clear it by then, additional interest charges and late fees will be imposed.
- Convert your big-ticket retail purchases into monthly instalments at no additional cost.
- Get more value for money and enjoy greater access to cash with this 0% payment plan.
- This payment plan can be spread over 6 months.
- Charge a minimum amount of S$500 in a single receipt to activate this plan.
- A one-time service fee of 5% will apply.
- The EIR on this plan is 25.18% p.a.
Cash Withdrawal on the Credit Card
You can withdraw 100% of the approved credit limit on your card or 100% of the credit available, whichever is lower. The interest rate on cash advances/withdrawals is 26.9% p.a. The bank will also charge a cash advance fee of 6% of the withdrawal amount, subject to a minimum of S$15.
If your card is lost or stolen, you need to do the following:
- Inform the bank immediately as soon as you discover loss or irreparable damage to your card. Call the bank’s helpline to report the incident.
- The bank also sends an SMS to alert you after every transaction is completed successfully, whether you’re in Singapore or outside. Reply to the SMS with a “2” if you hadn’t authenticated the transaction.
- If you have a Citi online account, you’ll be able to report a loss or damage to your card by either visiting the website or by downloading the mobile app. You can also block the card and request a new one. A replacement card and PIN will be dispatched to your registered address.
- Your liability for unauthorised transactions on your card will be limited to S$100, provided the bank is satisfied with the following:
- You notified the bank of the incident at the earliest possible opportunity.
- You weren’t grossly negligent in handling your card.
- You weren’t complicit in the fraud, leading to loss/misuse of card or disclosure of PIN.
- If you lose your card or disclose your PIN unintentionally while travelling abroad, call the bank immediately to use the emergency card replacement feature. You’ll not only be issued a replacement card within 48 hours in most cases but also be given emergency cash, subject to availability of the credit limit on your card.
By choosing the right credit card, you can manage your cash flow better and earn rewards on your spends.
What Else Do I Need to Know?
How to Enable/Disable Auto Debit & Standing Instructions – Through Interbank GIRO
- It can be done with the help of Interbank GIRO.
- This facility is available to all basic card members.
- Download the direct debit authorisation form from the bank’s website for payment of your card bill.
- Fill out the form and mail it to the Robinson Road branch of the bank.
- An acknowledgement letter will be sent to you within 1 week of submission of this form to the bank.
- The bank will debit the amount from your account 3 days before the bill due date.
- You may also indicate in the form whether you want to pay the minimum amount due or the full bill amount, every month.
- Using the phone banking facility, you may also give instructions to the bank to debit a different amount or change the auto-debit date from the usual, whenever you want.
How to Apply for the Card and Check the Application Status – Via BankBazaar
- Apply for this card through our website.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the form.
- Key in the relevant details and validate them at the end of each section.
- Confirm the details and submit the online form along with the supporting documents required.
Use the self-service phone banking facility provided by the bank to check the status of your application.
How to Check Balance – Through Citi Alert SMS Service/Internet Banking/Phone Banking/Mobile Banking
Use any of the following modes to check your card balance:
- Internet banking.
- Phone banking.
- Citi mobile app.
- Citi Alerts – Alerts on Demand SMS service.
How Can the Bill Be Paid? – FAST/SMS/Interbank GIRO/Citi Mobile/Cheque/Cash
Pay your card bill using any of the following modes:
- SMS Pay.
- Citi Mobile.
- AXS Stations.
- SAM Machines.
- Interbank GIRO.
- Crossed cheque.
- Internet banking.
- Cash at a bank counter.
How Much Is the Minimum Payment to Be Made on This Card? 1% of the Current Balance+ 1% of the Outstanding Instalments+Late Payment Charges, or S$50
The minimum payment amount will be the higher of S$50 or the aggregate of 1% of the current balance, 1% of the unbilled instalment amounts, if any, interest charges including those for the interest and service charges of recurring/instalment payments and any late payment charges.
What Is the Grace Period? – 25 Days
The grace period or interest-free period on this card is 25 days from the statement generation date.
Which Mobile Wallets Can This Card Be Used With? – Apple Pay/Samsung Pay/Citi Pay
- Apple Pay: This app works with all iPhones, available at stores, apps and websites in Safari. It also works with compatible Apple Watches and Mac equipment. Link your Citi Prestige Card to the app and make convenient online and in-store payments.
- Samsung Pay: This mobile wallet works with Galaxy S9/S9+, S8/S8+, S7/S7 Edge, S6 Edge+, 2016 and 2017 versions of A5 and A7, A9 Pro (2016), Gear 3, J7 Pro, and Note 8. Create a Samsung account, link your card to it, and make online payments or contactless/swipe/tap payments at stores.
- Citi Pay: This mobile wallet works on any Android device with 4.4 KitKat version or higher and with NFC (near-field communication) technology. Simply log onto your Citi online account after you have downloaded the app and your card will get automatically added and saved. Use the wallet, thereafter, to make payments at retail terminals throughout Singapore.
Can It Be Used With EZ-Link? - This Card Comes with Mastercard Tap and Go and EZ-Pay Feature
While the Citi Prestige Card doesn’t have the EZ-Link feature, the Mastercard Tap and Go feature is available. With this feature, you won’t have to top up prepaid cards. Simply use this contactless feature to tap and pay for your bus and train rides.
You can also use this card for EZ-Pay. Simply register your card for the EZ-Pay feature and pass through the ERP gantries anywhere in Singapore without the need to stop. You won’t have to top up a cash card and insert it into your IU device at these gantries.
Enjoy more convenience and speed with these features.
How to Block or Unblock the Card – Contact the Bank
In case of card loss, misuse or disclosure of card details, inform the bank immediately. The bank will block the card and make arrangements for issuing a replacement card. The card and the corresponding PIN will be dispatched to your registered mailing address.
If you have an internet banking account and/or the Citi Mobile app, go to “Manage Your Cards”, then to “Block Lost or Stolen Cards”, and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
How to Reset the PIN – Self-Service Phone Banking/ATM
Call the self-service hotline to reset your PIN or visit a nearby Citi ATM to reset your PIN. In order to get a new PIN using the phone banking facility, you’ll first have to get a T-PIN first.
What Is the Billing Cycle and the Bill Due Date? – The Duration Between Two Successive Bills and the Date by Which You Have to Make At Least the Minimum Payment
The billing cycle is the duration between two successive statements. It is usually the number of business days between the two bills. The bill due date is the date by which you need to make the minimum payment to avoid late payment charges and additional interests.
How to Get a Replacement Card – Contact the Bank
You may block your card and make a request for a replacement card if you fear that the card’s security has been breached. Alternatively, the bank can issue a replacement card at its discretion. The bank may also charge a handling fee for the issue of a replacement card.
How to Temporarily Increase the Limit of the Card – Self-Service Phone Banking
Use your phone banking credentials to request a temporary credit limit increase of your card. If you have also asked for a permanent credit limit hike, it will only come into effect, if granted, after the temporary increased limit has been reverted to the original one.