- Kaligo – For every S$1 that you spend on Kaligo, you will receive 12 Citi Miles. This offer is applicable until November 30, 2016.
- Times Travel – 10% discount on regular priced books. This offer is applicable until December 30, 2016.
- T.M. Lewin – 10% discount on regular priced products and additional 5% discount on sale products. This offer is applicable until December 30, 2016.
- Shaw Theatres – Movie package for S$27 which otherwise costs S$37.20. This offer is applicable until December 30, 2016.
- New Look - 10% discount on regular priced products. Additional 5% discount on sale products.
Citi PremierMiles American Express Card
The Citi PremierMiles American Express Card is a dream for every traveler because it maximizes the miles earning potential and what’s even dreamier is that your miles earned will never expire.
Features of the Citi PremierMiles American Express Card
- Get a free supplementary card with this credit card.
- The miles earned on this credit card will never expire.
- You can redeem your miles on ‘Citi ThankYou Rewards’ for flights, car rentals, hotels and more.
- You can also shop using your earned miles by purchasing merchandise from leading brands across the world.
- What you get:
- 2 Citi Miles per S$1 spent on Singapore Airlines, KrisShop and SilkAir.
- 2 Citi Miles per S$1 spent in foreign currency overseas.
- 1.3 Citi Miles per S$1 spent on local transactions.
- 15,000 bonus miles on renewing your card membership.
- How to redeem – There is no minimum spend criterion to earn Citi Miles. Therefore, the more you spend, the more miles you will earn.
- Charges and details – Your citi miles do not expire.
Redeeming Citi Miles on airlines
- What you get – Avail your miles at 8,000 hotel properties or more than 60 airlines through the participating Frequent Flyer and Hotel Loyalty Programs where:
- 1 Citi Mile is equivalent to 1 Mile.
- 1 Citi Mile is equivalent to 1 IHG Rewards Club Point.
- 1 Citi Mile is equivalent to 1.5 Hilton Honors points.
- How to redeem – To redeem your miles for airfares and hotel stays, you must call the number provided on the Citi PremierMiles American Express Card webpage of the official Citibank website.
- Charges and details: 1 Citi Mile is equivalent to 1 Mile at the following Frequent Flyer and Hotel Loyalty Programs:
- Asia Miles
- Royal Orchid Plus
- Executive Club
- Etihad Guest
- Infinity MileageLands
- Flying Blue
Cash rebate on travel related purchases
- What you get – Cash rebates on your earned Citi Miles where:
- 1,200 Citi Miles = S$10 cash rebate.
- 2,400 Citi Miles = S$20 cash rebate.
- 6,000 Citi Miles = S$50 cash rebate.
- How to redeem – You must send an SMS to the bank as per the procedure provided on the Citi PremierMiles American Express Card webpage of the official Citibank website to redeem cash rebates on your earned miles.
- Charges and details – Once the bank receives your SMS and verifies your eligibility, the cash rebate will be instantly credited to your account.
Benefits of the Citi PremierMiles American Express Card
- VIP Access - Get a VIP membership on this card:
- Get a Priority Pass membership card with each application for this credit card.
- This membership card will make you eligible for 2 complimentary access each year to airport lounges across the world.
- Citi World Privileges – Get deals on dining, shopping, travel and more across the globe.
- 24/7 Services – Call Citibank for assistance regarding:
- Enquiries on your credit card account.
- Replacement of your lost card.
- Redeeming Citi Miles.
- Travel Guard – Worldwide assistance with any and all travel inconveniences such as loss of passport, travel/transport arrangements, assistance to get in touch with medical services in case of an accident, contact with lawyers, embassy and consulate details and so on.
- American Express Select – Enjoy privileges on your AMEX card throughout the year and around the globe with leisure, travel, shopping and dining benefits.
- Dining Deals – Enjoy exclusive deals on your Citibank Credit Card at some of the finest restaurants in Singapore. Some of the popular deals include:
- 8 Korean BBQ:
- 10% discount on a la carte lunch.
- Spend a minimum amount of S$150 on dinner and receive 10% discount on your bill.
- Offer valid until March 31, 2017.
- Amara Singapore, Silk Road:
- 10% discount on your food bill.
- Offer valid until December 31, 2016.
- Bangkok Jam:
- Spend a minimum amount of S$80 and receive S$10 discount on your total bill.
- Offer valid until December 31, 2016.
- Orchard Hotel, Intermezzo Bar:
- 15% discount on beer and house pour.
- Offer valid until December 31, 2016.
Insurance provided on the Citi PremierMiles American Express Card
Travel Protection – Charge your fare tickets to your Citi PremierMiles American Express Card to receive complete travel protection for yourself and your family.
- Cover for Permanent Disablement and Accidental Death when traveling on a Common Carrier during a covered trip:
- For the insured – Maximum cover of S$1,000,000.
- For the insured’s child - Maximum cover of S$50,000.
- Medical Assistance – This includes medical cover overseas in an event of an accident or sickness while on the covered trip:
- Reimbursement for the insured – Maximum reimbursement of S$40,000.
- Reimbursement for the insured’s child - Maximum reimbursement of S$20,000.
- Medical evacuation in case of an emergency - Maximum cover of 100,000.
- Cover for repatriation - Maximum cover of S$50,000.
- Travel Inconvenience:
- Overseas baggage loss – Reimbursement up to S$1,000. Maximum cover of S$500 for each article.
- Overseas baggage delay – S$200 per 8 hour delay. Maximum cover of S$500.
- Flight delay - S$100 per 8 hour delay. Maximum cover of S$500.
- Trip cancellation because of unspecified events – Maximum reimbursement of S$500.
Fees and Charges
|Type of fee
|Supplementary card fee
||26% p.a. (subject to compounding)
|Late payment charges
|Cash advance fee
||6% of the withdrawn amount OR S$15, depending on whichever of the 2 is higher
|Interest on cash advance
Transactions in foreign currencies
- All foreign currency transactions made in USD (US Dollar) will be converted into SGD (Singapore Dollar).
- For all foreign currency transactions other than USD (US Dollar), the transaction will first be converted into USD and then into SGD. All such transactions are subject to a conversion rate determined by the card association. The conversion rate will be applicable on the date the transaction is processed and not on the date it was first made.
- The currency conversion will depend on the exchange rate determined by American Express OR the prevailing foreign exchange rate.
- An administrative fee of 3.3% will be applicable on the converted amount out of which American Express will retain 1.5%.
How to apply for the Citi PremierMiles American Express Card
You can apply for this credit card online on the Citi PremierMiles American Express Card webpage of the official Citibank Singapore website.
Eligibility Criteria for the Citi PremierMiles American Express Card
- Minimum age: 21 years and above.
- Minimum income: S$80,000 per annum.
- Copy of NRIC or Passport AND
- Most recent computerized payslip OR
- Most recent Income Tax NOA (Notice of Assessment) OR
- Latest 12 months CPF statement.
- Photocopy of NRIC or Passport AND
- Latest 2 years Income Tax NOA (Notice of Assessment) AND
- Bank statements for the last 3 months.
- Photocopy of Passport + Work Permit AND
- A copy of your telephone bill/utility bill/ bank statement having your name and address AND
- Income Tax NOA (Notice of Assessment) AND
- Most recent original copy of your computerized payslip.
Interest on the Citi PremierMiles American Express Card
- The prevailing interest rate on the Citi PremierMiles American Express Card is 26% p.a. The cash interest rate on this card is 26.9% p.a.
- If your credit card account is in good standing, you may be able to enjoy a promotional retail interest rate of 20% p.a. and a cash interest rate of 20.9% p.a. However, Citibank can vary this rate or cancel this promotion at any point in time.
- If you do not pay your minimum due amount in full by your payment due date, your prevailing interest rate will be increased to 29% p.a. and your cash interest rate will be increased to 29.9% p.a. The interest rate will be reverted if your current month balance does not have any past due amount and you do not have any past due longer than 2 months in the last 6 months.
- If you do not make the full outstanding payment by your payment due date, the interest on all your transactions will be calculated on a daily basis in the current and next month’s statement starting from the transaction date until you make the full payment.
The minimum payment amount for the Citi PremierMiles American Express Card will be computed by adding the following components in your statement cycle:
- 1% of the current balance +
- 1% of outstanding unbilled instalment amounts +
- Interest charges that including service charges on instalment/recurring payments etc. +
- Overdue amount (if any) +
- Late payment charges (if any).
If your current outstanding balance is less than S$50, then your minimum payment due will be equivalent to your current outstanding balance.
The grace period for repayments is 25 days from your statement date on your account.
Lost/stolen card liability
In case of loss or theft of your Citi PremierMiles American Express Card, the maximum liability for any unauthorized transactions on your credit card will be S$100 if you notify Citibank of the same immediately. Additionally, the bank must also be satisfied that you have not acted fraudulently or have been negligent.
Upon notifying the bank, you must also provide a statutory declaration such as a police report and/or any additional information requested by the bank. You must further assist Citibank in investigating and recovering your lost/stolen credit card. If your credit card has been retrieved after you have reported it as lost or stolen, you must not continue using the card. You must cut the card into 2 pieces and return it to the bank.
Reporting lost/stolen credit cards
It is important that you keep your credit card safe and not disclose the PIN or the TBS Access Code to a third party. In case you lose your card, it has been stolen or the PIN/TBS Access Code has been disclosed to a third party, you must immediately notify Citibank regarding the same. After notifying the bank, you must also provide a statutory declaration such as a police report and/or any additional information requested by Citibank.
Read More Related to Credit Cards: