It would be very advantageous for people owning their own vehicles in Singapore to have a credit card that offers great discounts on fuel spending. Most cards do offer some rate of discount when you pay for your fuel using your credit card. However, there are some cards that offer a much higher discount especially at specific fuel stations like Shell. Read on to learn about various credit cards that offer discounts at Shell stations in Singapore.
Best Shell Petrol Discount Cards
|Card Name||Recommended for|
|Maybank Credit Cards||Cash Rebate|
|HSBC Credit Cards||Cash Rebate|
|BOC Zaobao Credit Card||Cash Rebate|
|UOB Credit Cards||Cash Rebate|
|Citi Credit Cards||Reward Points|
With Citi credit cards, you can save big on fuel purchases at Shell petrol stations. These discounts are also offered in the form of promotions, but in most cases, you can redeem your accumulated card rewards points instantly to offset your fuel purchase. However, there are a few Citi cards that offer a better discount than others.Offer Highlights:
- Petrol discounts on all Citi credit cards at all petrol stations.
- With Citi Cash Back Card, get a maximum fuel discount of up to 20.88% at Shell.
- With all other Citi cards, get 14% discount at all Shell petrol stations.
- Receive 8% cashback on petrol at all other participating fuel stations across the world.
Maybank offers Corporate Fuel Card that will help you pay for the fuel at various petrol pumps including Shell, and the statement will be sent to you on a bi-monthly basis through email. In addition, you will also get upfront discounts on fuel and the option of using cash credits.Offer Highlights:
- Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card offers 8 TREATS Points which is equal to 3.2 air miles for every S$1 spent on fuel at Shell and other petrol stations in Singapore.
- Maybank Family & Friends Card offers a cash rebate of 8% throughout the year when you refuel your vehicle at Shell stations in Singapore and Malaysia.
- With Maybank World Mastercard earn 10 TREATS Points on fuel at all Shell petrol stations in Singapore.
The BOC Zaobao Credit Card offers up to 30.7% discount on fuel at Shell stations in Singapore. The discount includes a Shell site discount of 5%, a Shell Escape membership discount of 5%, and a cash rebate of 23%.Card Highlights:
- This cash rebate will be awarded to you only if you spend a minimum of S$600 per month.
- The total cash rebate you can accumulate in a month is capped at S$80.
- The cash rebate of 23% will apply only after the Shell upfront discount.
HSBC offers a fuel programme in association with Shell known as the HSBC Shell Escape Program. As part of this programme, you will earn a Shell Escape point for each S$5 you charge to your HSBC credit card. In addition, you will earn 20% Shell Escape points when you choose to purchase Shell V-power.Offer Highlights:
- With HSBC Revolution Card, HSBC Visa Infinite Credit Card, HSBC Advance Credit Card, HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card and HSBC Premier Mastercard Credit Card get up to 14% discount on fuel at Shell in Singapore.
- Earn a Shell Escape point for every S$5 spent using HSBC credit cards.
- With HSBC Premier Mastercard Credit Card, in addition to the 14% discount, you will also get an additional 6% cash rebate if you spend a minimum of S$800 on eligible purchases for three consecutive months. You can offset your fuel purchases with these rebates at Shell.
UOB offers a fuel programme known as UOB Fuel Power. This programme offers you the opportunity to save a lot on your fuel purchases at 98 locations in Singapore. UOB has partnered with Shell to offer various benefits.Offer Highlights:
- With UOB One Card, you can earn as much as 20.8% in a year on your fuel transactions at Shell petrol stations.
- With UOB Visa Infinite Card, Singtel-UOB Card, UOB Delight Credit Card, Metro-UOB Card, UOB Professionals Platinum Card, UOB YOLO Card, UOB Visa Signature Card, UOB PRVI Miles American Express Card, UOB PRVI Miles Mastercard/Visa Card and UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card get up to 13.6% discount on fuel at Shell petrol stations in Singapore.
- Collect promotional offers having limited validity periods with some UOB cards over a period of time, to redeem gifts.
Shell Rewards Programme
The Shell Escape Programme rewards you not only for fuel purchase, but also when you bring your vehicle for servicing at Shell Autoserv and get your car cleaned at Shell Car Wash. Shell has partnered with DirectAsia Insurance to protect your car and provide you with exclusive benefits for your two-wheeler or four-wheeler. If you insure your vehicle with DirectAsia, you will get up to 3,000 points or S$100 worth of fuel from Shell. You can apply for a Shell Escape Card at any of the fuel stations in Singapore and open an account online. Once you have successfully registered, you will earn 100 bonus points. The more you refuel your vehicle at Shell, the more Shell Escape points you collect. You will have to show your membership card to earn the points when you refuel your vehicle. Without the card, your points will not be credited. Purchase of fuels like Shell FuelSave 98 and 95 and Shell FuelSave Diesel will get you 1 point per litre. However, purchase of Shell V-Power Nitro+ will give you 1.2 points per litre.
The Shell Escape points can be redeemed for vouchers, miles, and discounts. Suppose you have accumulated 400 points in a month, you can redeem them for a discount of S$10 on fuel, 200 KrisFlyer miles, and Kadeka vouchers. Once you select the products, they will be available at the local Shell station or you can visit the POS terminal of your chosen partner, present your membership card, and collect your reward. The Shell Escape points expire in two years from the date of issue. But, if you do not use the Shell Escape Card for six months at Shell, then the validity will not apply and your card will automatically get terminated. The large number of credit card options available in Singapore might make it difficult for you to choose the best one to use at Shell. However, you can consider the additional benefits offered as they serve as effective means to narrow down your list to see which one suits you the most with your needs and requirements before making a final decision.