- Cashbacks on all purchases:
- Earn a cashback of 1.5% on all purchases made using your American Express True Cash Back Card. No minimum spends or cashback caps are applicable.
- Discounts on travel deals:
- Use your American Express True Cashback Card to earn exclusive discounts on flight bookings and hotel accommodations.
- Dining privileges:
- As an American Express cardholder, you get access to special dining privileges around the globe. Use your American Express True Cashback Card and get stunning discounts at some of the most popular dining outlets.
The American Express True Cashback Card
The American Express True Cashback Card is one of the most popular Cash Back credit cards from American Express and comes with exclusive offers and benefits that are sure to amuse you. From cashbacks on all purchases to stunning discounts on travel deals, the American Express True Cashback Card is certain to instil your experience with awe.
- Use your American Express True Cashback Card and get a cashback of 3% on a minimum spend of S$5,000 for the first 6 months.
- Get a Starbucks card worth S$40 when you successfully apply for the American Express True Cash Back Card.
Features of the American Express True Cashback Card
- The annual fee is waived for the first year.
- The first 2 supplementary cards do not carry any fee.
Benefits of the American Express True Cashback Card
- Global Assist: Get assistance from the American Express Team in case of emergencies when you are overseas. Assistance can involve information relating to reservations, flight schedules, referral to English speaking doctors and more.
- 24-hour Customer Care Centre: Our Customer Service centre is available 24/7 to help you with any questions you might have on card usage, card information and more.
Fee and charges
|Type of fee
|Supplementary card fee
|Late payment charges
|Cash advance fee
||5% of amountt withdrawn
|Interest on cash advance
Transactions in foreign currencies
- Foreign currency transactions attract an administrative fee of 2.5% of the transacted amount.
- All foreign currencies barring the USD are converted to the USD first before being converted to SGD.
- Conversions to currencies take place at prevailing interest rates.
- The American Express True Cashback Card can be used to withdraw cash from ATMs across the globe.
- A cash advance handling charge of 5% of the amount is charged along with interest charges of 24.99%.
How to apply for the American Express True Cashback Card
The American Express True Cashback Card can be applied for by visiting the bank’s official website and filling the application form. The application once filled will be processed by the bank henceforth and approved upon satisfying all the eligibility parameters.
Eligibility criteria for the American Express True Cashback Card
- Minimum age: 21 years of age.
- Minimum income:
- Singaporeans & permanent residents: S$30,000.
- Foreigners: S$60,000.
- Salaried individuals:
- Copy of NRIC/Passport, Income Tax Assessment Notice, latest computerized payslips.
- Self-employed individuals:
- Copy of NRIC/Passport, Income Tax Notice of Assessment, CPF contribution for two years.
- Individuals with varied income:
- Proof of income, 3-months bank statement, CPF contribution history for w years.
- Copy of Passport, Employment letter obtained from employer, employment pass with a minimum validity of 6 months.
Interest on the American Express True Cashback Card
The annual interest on the American Express True Cashback card is 24.99%. THe interest rates can increase to 29.99% if customers have defaulted for more than two consecutive months. An interest free period of 21 days from the statement date is extended to customers if the monthly bill is paid in full.
- A minimum payment of 3% of the total monthly outstanding plus any overdue minimum amounts from previous months need to be made by American Express credit card customers.
- The minimum payment will also include any amount that exceeds the credit limit.
Lost/stolen card liability
Cardholders are liable to pay an amount of S$100 in case of gross negligence in informing the bank about the lost/theft of their card. This is the case when unauthorised transactions take place before the bank is informed about the loss/theft. Banks will duly investigate any instance of misconduct, fraud and negligence on the part of the customer before coming to a concrete judgement on the liability aspect.
Reporting lost/stolen credit cards
Lost/stolen cards can be reported to the bank by contacting the bank’s Customer Service Centre. Upon providing details relating to most recent transactions and card related information, the bank will block the lost/stolen card, thereby preventing transactions on the card to take place.
Read More Related to Credit Cards: