- Complimentary Parking:
- On a minimum expenditure of S$1,200 in a calendar month, you get a 3-hour complimentary parking benefit at all 15 CapitaLand malls every day.
- 3X Star$ Earnings:
- With the American Express CapitaCard, you now have the opportunity to earn 3X Star$ for every S$1 you spend across CapitaLand malls.
- On certain purchases with partnering merchants, an additional 10X Star$ will be awarded for a corresponding expenditure. The offer is capped at an expenditure of S$1,200 per calendar month.
- Earn Star$ conveniently:
- Every Star$ you earn on purchases will be directly credited to your CAPISTAR account. The process of earning Star$ is completely hassle-free.
- Cash Rebates:
- 2% Cash rebate on purchases made at CapitaLand malls.
The American Express CapitaCard
The American Express CapitaCard comes with a host of benefits ranging from exciting reward points on purchases to cash backs on dining expenses, flight bookings and more. Customers can also avail unique parking privileges and vouchers. Following are some details of the American Express CapitaCard. We look at the features, promotions, benefits and more.
- Annual Fee Waiver: New subscribers to the American Express CapitaCard can enjoy the annual fee waiver of S$171.20 for the first year.
- Mega Star$ offer: Earn up to 50,000 Star$ on an expenditure of S$888 within the first 6 months and redeem your Star$ for exciting CapitaVouchers.
- Welcome Bonus: New members will get a welcome bonus of 20,000 Star$ on performing their first transaction with a minimum spend of S$1 through their American Express CapitaCard.
Benefits on the American Express CapitaCard
- Privileged parking benefits:
- Park at privileged parking spaces at CapitaLand malls with a monthly expenditure of S$1,800.
- In order to avail the parking benefits, cardholders need to register themselves, provide details of their vehicle and meet the expenditure criteria following which they will receive a confirmation SMS on their eligibility.
- Savings on online transactions:
- Save on several online transactions including hotel accommodations, dining and flight ticket bookings.
- Savings at Serviced Residences:
- Save up to 15% on various participating Service Residences across Singapore using your American Express CapitaCard.
- Star$ Capita Vouchers:
- 5,000 Star$ - S$5 CapitaVoucher.
- 10,000 Star$ - S$10 CapitaVoucher.
- 50,000 Star$ - S$50 CapitaVoucher.
- Mega Star$ offer:
- Earn up to 50,000 Star$ on an expenditure of S$888 within the first 6 months and redeem your Star$ for exciting CapitaVouchers.
Fee and charges
|Type of fee
|Late payment charges
|Interest on Cash Advances
|Handling fee for cash advances
Transactions in foreign currencies
For transactions in currencies other than USD, the currency is first converted to USD before being converted to SGD. Once converted at the prevailing exchange rate, a one-time currency conversion charge of 2.5% of the transacted amount is levied.
Customers are allowed to withdraw cash using their American Express Capita Credit Card at ATMs and over the counter at American Express branches.
The interest on cash advances is 24.99%. An additional handling fee of 5% of the withdrawn is levied along with the interest.
How to apply for the American Express CapitaCard
You can apply for the American Express CapitaCard by visiting the American Express official website and filling out the online application form. Details that need to be filled out include contact information, details pertaining to employment, income, residence and more. You can also fill out the application manually by visiting any American Express branch in Singapore.
Eligibility criteria for the American Express CapitaCard
- Minimum age: 21 years of age
- Minimum income:
- Singaporeans & permanent residents: S$30,000 p.a.
- Foreigners: S$60,000 p.a.
- Salaried individuals:
- Proof of employment and income, Copy of recent payslips, Copy of NRIC, Notice of Income Tax Assessment.
- Self-employed individuals:
- Notice of Income Tax Assessment, Copy of NRIC, Proof of income.
- Individuals with varied income:
- Copy of Passport, Employment pass confirming permission to be employed in Singapore, Letter from employer confirming a minimum of 1-year of employment, Copy of Bank Statements.
- Supplementary card applicant:
- Has to be minimum 18 years of age.
Interest on the American Express CapitaCard
The annual interest rate or Annual Purchase Rate (APR) on the American Express CapitaCard is 24.99%. If in case the full payment of the closing balance isn’t done, the following interest rates hold applicable:
- 24.99% p.a. - this is subject to compounding.
- 29.99% p.a. in case you’ve defaulted three or more times and the amount in your statement hasn’t been paid for two or more months consecutively over the last 1-year.
Card members of the American Express Capita Card are required to make a minimum monthly payment of 3% of the monthly balance plus the overdue minimum payment and late payment charges upon failing to make minimum payments over previous months, and any additional amount that exceeds your credit limit, or S$50, whichever is greater. Note that if customers fail to make their minimum payments on the outstanding monthly balance, they will be termed defaulters.
Lost/Stolen Card Liability
In case any unauthorised transactions take place before the bank is notified about the loss/theft of your card, you are liable to pay an amount of S$100.
Reporting lost/stolen credit cards
In case you wish to report a stolen or lost credit card, get in touch with the American Express Customer Service Centre and provide details of previous transactions performed using the card, proof of identity and other relevant card related information. Your card will be blocked immediately and future transactions on your card will be disallowed.