American Express Interest Free Installment Payment Plan
Pay Small is an extended payment plan from American Express that allows you to break your credit card purchases into smaller instalments, making them more affordable.
Key Benefits and Features of Pay Small
- This is a 0% interest plan.
- Break your purchases into affordable instalments.
- Choose from tenures of 6, 12, 18, and 24 months.
- Experience financial flexibility with Pay Small.
- The participating merchants include: Amway, Audi House, Autobacs, Bang & Olufsen, Castlery, Cathay Photo, Cellini, Chan Brothers, Cordlife, Danish Design, Eagle Eye Centre, Easter Watch, Eighteen 77, Emperor, EU Asia Holidays, EU Holidays, Evolve Mixed Martial Arts, Gain City, Harvey Norman, House of Hung, Huen’s Jewellery & Art, IKEA Stores, JannPaul, Jocalia by Zenith Affair, Joyalukkas, JTB Singapore, Juzz For Cars, Kaplan, and many others.
How Pay Small Works
How Your Instalments Are Split
- To convert your purchases into Pay Small payments, the minimum transaction amount required is S$250.
- This may differ for each participating merchant. Participating merchants display signs of Pay Small in their stores. Simply tell the store that you wish to pay using this facility.
- Check with the participating merchants for more information before you make your purchase.
- Your total amount is split into Pay Small instalments based on the tenure you choose.
- For example: If the amount chosen for conversion is S$1,200, it would be divided into instalments of S$200, S$100, S$75, and S$50 for payment periods of 6, 12, 18, and 24 months respectively.
- The figures used above are for illustrative purposes only and exclude any processing fees (if applicable) and other charges. The actual amounts may differ. The bank charges processing fees and also applies Effective Interest Rate (EIR) on your payments. Check with your bank for the exact details.
How Your Instalments Are to Be Paid
- If your instalment dues are not settled by the due date, finance and interest charges will apply.
- If the total amount cannot be divided into equal instalments, the difference is added to the final payment.
- The bank will reduce your credit limit to the extent of the total amount due and restore it to the tune of each instalment paid.
- A fee of S$100 will apply for prepayment of the instalment or on the voluntary closure of your account.
- Upon cancellation of your account, any unpaid amounts become immediately payable.
- Under Pay Small, Membership Rewards Points, KrisFlyer miles, cashback, and STAR$ will not accrue.
Current Promotions for Payments Made Through Pay Small
Audio House: Spend a minimum of S$1,000 and get S$50 vouchers until 30 June 2018.
Cathay Photo/Leica: Spend a minimum of S$3,000 and receive a Samsonite backpack worth S$140 until 30 June 2018.
Joyalukkas: Spend a minimum of S$2,500 and get a complimentary Samsonite backpack worth S$140 until 30 June 2018.
Other Points to Remember
- This facility is available only to American Express cards given by American Express Inc., in Singapore.
- Corporate Cards from American Express and the American Express Cards from Citibank, DBS Bank, and United Overseas Bank are not covered under Small Pay.