Citibank is one of the leading banks in the world which is well reputed for its financial products and services. Citibank started the banking operations in Singapore in the year 1982. Citibank has a lot of market share in different financial sectors including investments and deposits, unsecured loans , secured assets, etc. The Monetary Authority of Singapore, also called MAS, awarded Citibank Singapore with QFB (Qualifying Full Bank) license in the year 1999. With paid up capital of SGD 1.5 billion, Citibank incorporated their subsidiary in Singapore called Citibank Singapore Limited.
May it be going overseas for business purposes or making a trip to an exotic location with y0ur family, traveling has become an integral part of your lives. The travel credit cards offered by Citibank provides several lucrative and beneficial features. The perks on the travel credit cards are designed in a way which suits the changing needs and requirements of the consumers.
Why choose Citibank Travel Credit Cards?
Citibank has made its presence felt in the financial market since the day it commenced operations and has continued the good work which has earned them a lot of reputation and respect as a bank. As a globetrotter, you can now earn a lot of air miles with every single dollar that you spend from your Citibank Travel credit cards. With customisable options and a myriad of perks, these travel credit cards can surely prove to be your best friends while you are traveling.
Types of Citibank Travel Credit Cards
Citibank cares about its customers and designs products for everyone as per their needs. There are two travel credit cards offered by Citibank.
Features and Benefits of Citibank Travel Credit Cards
- You can earn air miles very fast using the Citi PremierMiles American Express credit card. With every SGD 1 that you spend overseas using your credit card, you can earn 2 Citi Miles. For every SGD 1 that you spend locally, you can earn 1.3 Citi Miles. However, for these, no minimum spend is required.
- You can also earn 15,000 Citi Miles as bonus when you renew the membership for your credit card
- You can keep accumulating your air miles without worrying as the miles never expire
- The Citi miles that you earn can be used with several airlines like Asia Miles, KrisFlyer, SkyMiles, Royal Orchid Plus, Enrich, Garuda Frequent Flyer, Executive Club and Etihad Guest
- Avail complimentary VIP access to more than six hundred airport lounges
- You can avail several VIP privileges at the airport lounges like access to conference rooms, fax machines, internet and phones
- Under the travel protection plan, you can avail insurance of up to SGD 1,000,000 in an event of permanent disabilities or death. As medical evacuation expense you can avail an amount of SGD 100,000 and the as repatriation expense you can avail SGD 50,000
- With the Citi PremierMiles Visa credit card you can avail SGD 40,000 as your medical expenses that you incurred during a trip.
- Travel Inconvenience Coverage helps you to get reimbursement in an event of baggage loss or theft
- Avail the best deals on dining all across the island
- Get up to 10 percent rebate at more than seven hundred merchant outlets like Cold Storage, Starbucks, Shell and Burger King
- Avail the best deals on petrol when you refuel your vehicle at Shell and Esso petrol stations
- The Citi Globeshopper feature allows you get a 5 percent cash back when you make purchases online using your Citibank credit card
Citibank Travel Credit Cards Eligibility
- The applicant must be at least 21 years old to avail a Citibank travel credit card
- The minimum income that one must have to avail the Citi PremierMiles American Express credit card is SGD 80,000 per annum, whereas, the minimum income for a person should be SGD 50,000 to avail a Citi PremierMiles Visa Credit Card
Citibank Travel Credit Cards Documentation
- Photocopy of NRIC or valid passport is required
- Latest payslips and tax notice assessment is required when you apply for a credit card
Citibank Travel Credit Cards Annual Fees
The annual fees for the Citi PremierMiles Visa credit card is SGD 192.60 per annum. The supplementary card has no charges associated with it. The annual fees for the Citi PremierMiles American Express credit card is SGD 267.50 and the supplementary card has no annual fees associated with it.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the minimum income limit for availing a Citibank PremierMiles American Express credit card?
The minimum income limit for availing a Citibank PremierMiles American Express credit card is SGD 80,000 per annum.
- What are the annual fees for a Citi PremierMiles Visa Credit Card?
The annual fees for a Citi PremierMiles American Express credit card is SGD 192.60 per year. However, the supplementary card has no charges or annual fees associated with it.
- What are the annual fees for a Citi PremierMiles American Express Credit Card?
The annual fees for a Citi PremierMiles Visa credit card is SGD 267.50 per year. However, the supplementary card has no charges or annual fees associated with it.
- Can I get rebate for using by card at places like Burger King and Cold Storage?
Yes, you can avail a rebate of up to 10 percent when you make purchases from places like Burger King and Cold Storage using your Citibank credit cards.
- What are the airlines with which I can use my Citi miles?
The Citi miles that you earn can be used with several airlines like Asia Miles, KrisFlyer, SkyMiles, Royal Orchid Plus, Enrich, Garuda Frequent Flyer, Executive Club and Etihad Guest.
Read More Credit Card Related Articles: