A credit card can always be of great use when you need financial support. May it be going on a long planned vacation with your family or taking your colleagues out for lunch, a credit card is always there to help you. There are different types of credit cards and each of them have unique benefits and features. Credit cards are best suited as per the usage of an individual. Shopping is something that is enjoyed by everyone. Thus, credit cards that offer shopping benefits with them become extremely lucrative with the customers.
Overview of Citibank Shopping Credit Cards
Citibank is one of the biggest banks across the globe which started its operations back in the year 1902. The organisation, in those days, was called the International Banking Corporation or IBC. It was the first ever bank that had come from the United States of America to set up a branch in the land of Singapore. ATMs or automated teller machines were popularized by Citibank in the year 1980. The year 1982 witnessed the setting up of Citibank’s Global Consumer Banking division. The financial services offered by Citibank were not only meant for individuals but also catered to the needs of small businesses. In the year 1990, the telephone banking service was initiated by Citibank, Singapore.
Citibank offers a wide range of credit cards that come with immense innovation and customisation. With numerous perks on them, Citibank credit cards are some of the best cards that are currently available in the market. The shopping credit cards offer the best deals that an individual can avail.
Why choose Citibank shopping credit cards?
Citibank has earned a lot of reputation and goodwill for the service that it offers for its customers. Being one of the best banks in the world, Citibank has always valued its customers and never failed to provide a financial product with great flexibility. It can prove to be a profitable deal for you, if you choose Citibank shopping credit cards.
Types of Citibank shopping credit cards
There are three different credit cards that are offered by Citibank Singapore with which you can have enjoyable shopping experiences.
- Citibank Rewards Card
- Citibank DIVIDEND Card
- Citi Premiere Miles Visa Card
Features and benefits of Citibank Rewards Card
- With every SGD 1 that u spend using your Citibank Rewards card for shoes, clothes and bags, you can earn 4 air miles which is equivalent to 10 rewards points
- You can redeem rewards points that you have earned for anything and everything you like starting from dining vouchers to shopping vouchers or from cash rebate to air miles
- Avail a discount of up to 30 percent on all your purchases made from Klareti, Zalora, Shop Back, Luxola and many more
- Avail shopping vouchers worth SGD 1500 as a welcome gift from Hipvan, Rakuten, Havaianas & Common Thread, Luxola, etc
- At Bread & Butter you can get a discount of 15 percent on all the items that are regularly priced. On top of this you can also earn 10x rewards points
- At Laprendo, get a discount SGD 75 on all the items that are priced above SDG 500. Also earn 10x rewards points for this
- True Religion offers you a discount of 15 percent when you use your Citibank rewards card to clear the bills
- At Spa Symphony, avail wellness treatment at a cost as low as SGD 25. Also get a discount of 40 percent on each and every a la carte service
- Camper offers a discount of 15 percent on all the regular price products and you can also earn 10x rewards points
Annual fee for Citibank Rewards credit card
The annual fee for the principle card or the basic card is SGD 192. This also includes the GST. The annual fee for the supplementary card is SGD 96.30 and this is also including the GST. However, the annual fee for the first two supplementary cards along with the basic credit card is waived off for the first year.
- The person applying for a Citibank rewards card must be at least 21 years old
- For all the permanent residents of Singapore and citizens of Singapore the minimum annual income must be SGD 30,000
- The minimum annual income for a foreigner who wants to apply for this credit card from Citibank must be SGD 42,000
Features and benefits of Citibank DIVIDEND card
- The Citibank DIVIDEND card allows you to save 20.88 percent at Esso and 20.8 percent at Shell petrol pumps when you refuel your vehicle. You can also get a cashback of 8 percent at the other petrol pumps
- For all your grocery shopping at stores and supermarkets across the globe, you can get a cashback of 8 percent
- Enjoy some of the best deals at food and beverage outlets, cafes and restaurants all over the world as you can get cashback of 8 percent when you use Citibank DIVIDEND card to pay your bills
- For all other retail expenses of yours using this Citibank credit card will earn you a cashback of 0.25 percent
- Avail exclusive offers when you shop at Giant, Cold Storage, Market Place, Sheng Siong and many more
- With the gourmet pleasures, you can enjoy exclusive privileges for every occasion at the top restaurants in Singapore
- Get a cash rebate of 10 percent when you make your payments using this Citibank DIVIDEND card for the Comfort Cab fares and City cabs fares
- Avail complimentary travel insurance that offers coverage for you and your loved ones and enjoy the peace of mind that you deserve
- With Citi Globeshopper, you can enjoy cashback of 5 percent on all the shipping charges of your online purchases
Annual fee for Citibank DIVIDEND card
The annual fee for the basic card, inclusive of GST is SGD 192.60. The supplementary card comes with an annual fee of SGD 96.30, which includes GST. The annual fee for two supplementary cards and basic card for the first year is completely waived off.
- The applicant must be at least 21 years old to be eligible for the Citibank DIVIDEND card
- The minimum income for a citizen of Singapore or a permanent resident of Singapore must be SGD 30,000 on a yearly basis
- A foreigner who wants to apply for the Citibank DIVIDEND card must have a minimum income of SGD 42,000
Features and benefits of Citibank Premiere Miles Visa card
- With every SGD 1 that you spend from your Citibank Premiere Miles credit card using foreign currency, you can earn 2 Citi Miles
- For every SGD 1 that you spend locally you can earn 1.2 Citi Miles. No minimum spend is required
- When you renew the membership of your Citi Miles Premiere Visa card you are awarded with a bonus of 10,000 Citi Miles. The miles that are earned on your credit card never expire. Hence, you can use them whenever you want, as per your convenience
- You can redeem all your accumulated Citi Miles with different airlines and hotels that include KrisFlyer, Asia Miles, Royal Orchid Plus, SkyMiles, Executive Club, Infinity MileageLands, Enrich, Etihad Guest, Garuda Frequent Flyer, etc.
- Use your Citi Miles in order to offset all your travel related purchases
- The Visa payWave technology on this Citibank Credit card allows you to make contactless payments at several merchant outlets for transactions that amount to less than SGD 100
- Enjoy complimentary access to more than six hundred airport lounges with the priority pass
- Access phones, internet, fax machines and conference rooms a part of your lounge privileges
- Avail the YQ service at more than 280 international airports
- With the Citi World privileges you can enjoy the best deals on dining, shopping and travel
- The customer care department is always there to help you with your queries, 24x7
- With the travel accident insurance scheme, you can avail a coverage amount of SGD 10, 00,000 in the event of permanent disablement or death of the insured. As coverage for your child you can get SGD 50,000
- With the medical assistance programme, you can avail a coverage of SGD 40,000 for any kind of sickness or injury that you have suffered during a trip. In case of repatriation, the coverage amount is SGD 50,000
- Get a reimbursement of SGD 500 for any trip cancellation. For baggage loss you can avail reimbursement worth SGD 500 for each and every article. This cost can go up to a maximum of SGD 1,000
Annual fee for Citibank Premiere Miles Visa card
The basic card comes with an annual fee of SGD 192.60 which is inclusive of the GST. The supplementary card, however, comes free of cost along with the basic card.
- The individual who wants to apply for the Citibank Premiere Miles Visa credit card must be at least 21 years of age.
- The minimum annual income of an applicant must be SGD 50,000
Frequently asked questions
- Can I avail Visa payWave feature with my Citibank Premier Miles credit card?
Yes. You can avail Visa payWave feature with your Citibank Premier Miles credit card to make contactless payments at ease.
- What is the minimum age to be eligible for the Citibank Premier Miles credit card?
The minimum age to be eligible for the Citibank Premier Miles credit card is 21 years.
- What is the annual fee for the Citibank Premier Miles Visa credit card?
The annual fee for the Citibank Premier Miles Visa credit card is SGD 192.60.
- What is the minimum income limit for a citizen of Singapore or a permanent resident of Singapore who wants to apply for the Citibank DIVIDEND credit card?
A citizen of Singapore or a permanent resident of Singapore, who wants to apply for the Citibank DIVIDEND card must have an income of at least SGD 30000 per annum.
- What is the minimum income limit for a foreigner who wants to apply for a Citibank Rewards Card?
A foreigner who wishes to apply for a Citibank Rewards card must have an income of SGD 42000 on a yearly basis.