May it be leaving on a jet plane for an office trip or enjoying a dinner after a movie with your family over the weekend – a credit card can always be of great use. Credit cards come in handy when you need financial support and assistance. There are various types of credit cards that come with unique set of features and benefits. The different credit cards are suited for individuals with different needs and spending habits. Rewards are something that are loved any anyone and everyone. Hence, the credit cards that offer additional rewards when used, become extremely attractive to the customers.
Overview of Citibank Rewards Credit Cards
Citibank is one of the largest banks in this world and was established in the year 1902. Back in those times, the organisation was known as the IBC (International Banking Corporation). It was the first bank from the United States of America that was set up its branch in Singapore. In the year 1980, Citibank popularised the idea of automated teller machines in Singapore. The Global Consumer Banking division of Citibank was set up in the year 1982. It offered financial services for the individuals and also took care of the needs of the small businesses. The telephone banking service was set up by Citibank in Singapore in the year 1990.
The credit cards offered by Citibank come with a lot of customisation and innovation. With a myriad of perks, they are definitely some of the best credit cards that are available in the current financial market. The rewards credit card are tailored to meet the needs of the customers.
Why choose Citibank Rewards Credit Cards
Citibank values its customers and offers products and services that come with immense amount of flexibility. The bank, being one of best across the globe, has never failed to provide great service for its customers. Thus, they have also earned quite a lot of goodwill and reputation for themselves. Choosing a Citibank rewards credit card can definitely prove to be extremely profitable for you.
Types of Citibank Rewards Credit Card
There are four different types of Citibank Rewards Credit Card. Let us know more about them.
- Citi Prestige Card
- Citibank Rewards Card
- Citibank Clear Platinum Credit Card
- Citi Paragon WORLD MasterCard Credit Card
Features and Benefits of Citi Prestige Card
- With every SGD 1 that you spend using your Citi your Citibank Prestige card overseas, you can earn 2 citi miles which is equivalent to 5 citi dollars. For every SGD 1 spend locally on yor card, you can earn 1.3 citi miles which is equivalent to 3.25 citi dollars
- You can avail great rewards for your continuous relationship with Citibank
- As a welcome gift, you can avail gift vouchers worth USD 100 from Hotels.com. You can also get a tablet, a smartwatch or 62500 citi dollars which is equivalent to 25000 citi miles
- As annual bonus for the renewal of your Citi Prestige credit card, you ca get 25000 miles which is equivalent to 62500 citi dollars
- The redemption of the rewards points is extremely flexible and you can get cash rebates, frequent flyer miles, etc.
- With the priority pass you can get access to more than a hundred of VIP airport lounges. No membership fee or lounge pass is required to avail this exclusive service
- Avail complimentary stay in a hotel that you choose when you book the room in that particular hotel for four consecutive nights
- At the Luxury Hotels like Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton, you can enjoy great benefits and privileges like complimentary breakfast for two people, upgrades of rooms, late check-in and check-out facilities, spa credits, dining credits, etc.
- Avail one way limousine transfers, to the airport or from the airport, as a complimentary benefit
- You can earn 10 Citi Dollars for every SGD 1 that you spend using your credit card at T Galleria by DFS and 21 boutiques in Singapore
- Enjoy golf at some of the best golf courses in Asia that includes Singapore, China and Malaysia. Avail complimentary green fees at more than two thousand and four hundred private and public golf courses in the United States of America, Europe, Mexico, Canada and Africa
- The Gourmet Pleasure feature allows you to enjoy dining experiences at some of the best restaurants in Singapore
- Get cash rebate of up to 10 percent at more than seven hundred outlets that include Cold Storage, Burger King, Starbucks and Shell
- With the Citi Globeshopper feature, you can enjoy 5 percent of cash back on all the online charges for shipping
Annual Fee for Citi Prestige Card
The annual fee for the principal credit card is SGD 535. This is inclusive of the GST. The supplementary cards, however, do not have any annual fee associated with them and are basically free for life.
Features and Benefits of Citibank Rewards Card
- For every SGD 1 that you spend using your Citibank Rewards Card for buying things like bags, clothes and shoes, you can earn 10 Rewards points which is equivalent to 4 miles. You can make these purchases from departmental stores or online merchant outlets
- You can redeem all your rewards points on anything you like – dining, shopping, air miles, cash rebate or vouchers
- Avail a discount of up to 30 percent at several shopping outlets including Luxola.com, Zalora.com, ShopBack.com, Karleti.com, etc.
- As a welcome gift for the Citibank Rewards Card, you can enjoy shopping vouchers worth SGD 1500 from HipVan, Zalora, Rakuten, Havaianas & CommonThread, etc.
Annual Fee for Citibank Rewards Card
The annual fee for the principal credit card is SGD 192.60. This fee is inclusive of the GST. The supplementary card’s annual fee is SGD 96.30. This is inclusive of the GST. For the first two years the annual fees or both basic and supplementary card is waived off.
Features and Benefits of Citibank Clear Platinum Card
- You can earn 5X rewards points for every SGD 1 that you spend using your Citibank Clear Platinum Card in a foreign country. 5 rewards points n basically equivalent to 2 miles
- You can get discount of up to 40 percent at several merchant outlets including, Bule Nile, Luxola, etc.
- At Zouk, using the Citibank Clear Platinum Card will get you one for one drinks
- You can redeem the points that you have earned on anything you like – Shopping vouchers, cash rebate, dining vouchers, air miles, etc.
- At Barossa, you can avail a discount of 10 percent by spending a minimum amount of SGD 80
- Ito-Kacho offer you savings of up to 10 percent with a minimum spend of SGD 100 using your Citibank Clear Platinum Card
- Avail great savings of up to 50 percent with Agoda.com. Get discounts of up to 7 percent on all the bookings of your hotel packages
- Book your travel package on Asia Travel and enjoy discounts of up to 9 percent
- Accor Singapore offers an added 10 percent discount on the best travel package that is currently available on their website along with complimentary breakfast
Rewards points table for Citi Clear Platinum Card
|Foreign currency spend (any currency other than the Singapore Dollar)
||5 Rewards Points for SGD 1 spend
|Dine at any of the best restaurants, cafés and bars overseas and locally
||5 Rewards Points for SGD 1 spend
||5 Rewards Points for SGD 1 spend
|All other expenditures
||1 Rewards Point for SGD 1 spend
Features and Benefits of Citi Paragon WORLD MasterCard
- You can avail yearlong shopping privileges with the Citibank Paragon WORLD MasterCard and avail discount of 10 percent on Style$ on whatever you buy from the participating merchant outlets
- Avail a rebate of 3 percent on Style$ at the Paragon Market Place and also on the cab fares
- Enjoy membership privileges that are worth more than SGD 1000. Get complimentary parking for the entire year. Avail shopping vouchers worth SGD 500. The ladies can access the VIP Powder Room. Avail great foot massage too
- During the peak shopping seasons, use your Citibank Paragon WORLD MasterCard to avail exclusive and complimentary shopping vouchers
- Avail invites to the Paragon fashion show, other events, etc.
- The concierge service is ever ready to help you with whatever assistance you require over the phone
- With a single bill receipt at Paragon worth SGD 100, you can enjoy parking for two hours along with coffee
- The Gourmet Pleasures allows you to enjoy dining experiences at some of the top restaurants across Singapore
- Avail best deals on petrol at Shell and Esso when you refuel your car
- The Citi Globeshopper allows you to avail cashback of 5 percent on all the shipping charges for your purchased products
- Avail cash rebate of up to 10 percent at more than seven hundred merchant outlets including Cold Storage, Starbucks, Shell and Burger King
Annual Fee for Citi Paragon WORLD MasterCard
The annual fee for the principal card is SGD 192.60. This fee is inclusive of the GST. The annual fee of the supplementary card is SGD 96.30, inclusive of the GST. However, the annual fee is waived off for the first two years.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the minimum age to qualify for the Citibank Paragon WORLD MasterCard credit card?
The minimum age to be eligible for a Citibank Paragon WORLD MasterCard credit card is 21 years.
- Can I avail one for one drinks at Zouk using my Citibank Clear Platinum credit card?
Yes. At Zouk, you can get one for one drinks when you use your Citi Clear Platinum Card for paying the bills.
- How much cash rebate can I avail at Starbucks with my Citi Paragon WORLD MasterCard credit card?
At Starbucks, Cold Storage, Burger King and Shell, you can avail cash rebate of up to 10 percent when you use your Citi Paragon WORLD MasterCard credit card.
- How many Citi miles can I earn with my Citi Prestige Card?
With your Citi Prestige card, you can avail 2 citi miles for every SGD 1 that you spend using your credit card.
- What is the minimum income limit for a citizen of Singapore or a permanent resident of Singapore, who wants to apply for a Citi Paragon WORLD MasterCard credit card?
The minimum income for a citizen of Singapore or a permanent resident of Singapore, who wants to apply for the Citibank Paragon WORLD MasterCard, must be at least SGD 40000 per annum.