You could be involved in accidents or suffer from a critical illness at any point in life, and you can’t see them coming most of the times. Wouldn’t you want to stay prepared if such a thing happens? The expenses pertaining to these kind of incidents could end up drilling a hole through your pockets. It’s advisable that you opt for a personal accident and critical illness policy that could help you deal with such adverse situations in life.
Citibank provides you with a comprehensive policy that covers expenses related to personal accidents and critical illnesses. This policy covers your hospitalisation expenses when you become critically ill. This policy also covers injuries caused in an accident. Citibank’s accident policies are underwritten by AIA Singapore. There are two plans available under the Personal Accident and Critical Illness policy – AIA Solitaire Personal Accident Plan and AIA Platinum AccidentCare Plan.
Types of Accident Policies Offered by Citibank
|AIA Solitaire Personal Accident Plan||This plan covers expenses related to disability, death, and injuries caused in accident. This plan doesn’t require you to go through any medical checkup when signing up.||Coverage provided from age 16 to 75|
|AIA Platinum AccidentCare Plan||This plan covers you for very particular requirements. The coverage under this plan would be applicable at any point during the entire term of the policy. In case you meet with any accident, you will benefit from increased payouts under this plan.||Coverage provided up to age 80|
Features and Benefits
The primary features of the policy include:
- If you meet with a grave accident that might have caused total and permanent disability, mutilation of limbs, or loss of sight, the AIA Solitaire Personal Accident Plan will pay you a lump sum amount.
- You’re also provided with medical reimbursement benefit in case of an accident. This benefit, listed under the AIA Solitaire Personal Accident Plan covers the medical expenses you might have incurred in cases involving accidents.
- The AIA Solitaire Personal Accident Plan provides you with a more extensive coverage, available 24x7. This plan covers you for incidents that might have occured while you were at home, or at work, or even during your overseas trips.
- You’re also provided with an accidental death benefit under the AIA Solitaire Personal Accident Plan, in case the death occured while you were travelling on a public vehicle. This benefit will help your family and close ones in your absence.
- Besides, you will be covered for hospital admissions and the related expenses you incur during an accident under the AIA Platinum AccidentCare Plan. This plan also provides coverage for expenditures related to repatriation of remains and emergency medical evacuation.
- The AIA Platinum AccidentCare Plan provides coverage up to a sum of S$1 million in case of death, mutilation, and burns that occur as a result of an accident. Besides this benefit, you will be paid up to an additional sum of S$1 million if the death occurred while travelling on an aircraft.
- You’re also reimbursed for expenses related to chiropractic or traditional Chinese medicine treatment.
- When you’re admitted overseas, the AIA Platinum AccidentCare Plan will reimburse transport and hotel bills for a relative or a friend, and you could also be benefited with cover for rehabilitation assistance in case you become disabled.
Citibank Personal Accident & Critical Illness Insurance Coverage
There are four levels of protection under the AIA Solitaire Personal Accident Plan. The table below illustrates the coverage sum provided against each benefit under all the four plans:
|Type of benefit||Coverage|
|Plan 1||Plan 2||Plan 3||Plan 4|
|Benefit in case of death due to an accident||S$100,000||S$250,000||S$500,000||S$750,000|
|Benefit in case of total and permanent disablement due to an accident||S$150,000||S$375,000||S$750,000||S$1.125 million|
|Medical reimbursement in case of accidents||Coverage provided up to S$2,000||Coverage provided up to S$3,000||Coverage provided up to S$4,000||Coverage provided up to S$5,000|
|Benefit in case of burns and mutilation due to an accident||S$100,000||S$250,000||S$500,000||S$750,000|
|Reimbursement benefit for expenses pertaining to Traditional Chinese Medicine or chiropractic treatment||Coverage provided up to S$500||Coverage provided up to S$750||Coverage provided up to S$1,000||Coverage provided up to S$1,250|
|Double indemnity benefit in case of an accidental death on a public vehicle||S$100,000||S$250,000||S$500,000||S$750,000|
The AIA Platinum AccidentCare plan also comes with its own array of benefits. Citibank distributes the Silver Plan under this policy. The following table depicts the coverage provided against each benefit:
|Type of benefit||Coverage under the Silver plan|
|Medical reimbursement in case of accidents||S$15,000|
|Complimentary medical reimbursement||S$3,000|
|Benefit in case of death, burns, and mutilation caused in an accident||S$1 million|
|Benefit for Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation||Unlimited payouts|
|Benefit for rehabilitation assistance||S$3,000|
|Benefit for home modification and mobility aids||S$5,000|
|Benefit for compassionate visit||S$10,000|
|Benefit for aviation accidents||S$1 million|
How to Apply
You can simply go to the Citibank website and apply for this policy online. You can also get in touch with the bank by calling the 24-hour CitiPhone hotline – (65) 6225 5225 – to express your interest for this policy. Alternately, you can always visit your nearest Citibank branch in person to facilitate the application process.
How to Make a Claim
To make a claim in case of a critical illness or personal accident, you must immediately contact the bank, and intimate them about the incident. If you have any queries regarding your claim, you may get in touch with the bank on (65) 6570 6719. This number is available Monday to Friday, from 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Besides, you can also walk in directly to any of the nearest branches to file your claim.
Q. Will I be provided with Mobility Aids Reimbursement Benefit under the AIA Solitaire Personal Accident Plan?
A. Yes, Mobility Aids Reimbursement Benefit is included under this plan.
Q. What is the coverage I will receive against Daily Accidental Hospital Income Benefit for Plan 2 under the AIA Solitaire Personal Accident policy?
A. You’re provided with a coverage amount of S$150 on a daily basis under Plan 2.
Q. Will I be provided with Ambulance Services Benefit under the AIA Solitaire Personal Accident plan?
A. Yes, this plan provides coverage for Ambulance Services Benefit.
Q. What is the cover provided for ambulance services in case of an accident under AIA Platinum AccidentCare Plan?
A. You're provided a cover of up to S$1,000 under this plan.
Q. What is the minimum number of consecutive days you must be hospitalised for abroad, in order to claim Compassionate Visit Benefit?
A. You must be admitted for a minimum period of 7 consecutive days.