Citi is one of the leading financial institutions in the world, with a formidable presence in several countries. The bank offers comprehensive banking and financial services to individuals and organisations. It is a popular player in Singapore as well, being particularly known for its Citi credit card offerings. Among the various other services that the bank offers, debit cards are amongst them. Let’s go ahead and take a look at Citi’s debit card features and benefits.
Best Citi Debit Cards Singapore
Citibank Debit Mastercard
The Debit Mastercard offered by Citi comes with a range of exclusive benefits. Let’s take a look at the most prominent benefits and features associated with the card:
- The Citibank Debit Mastercard lets you make cash withdrawals from ATMs across the globe.
- The card comes with exciting lifestyle privileges that make it quite an interesting product. Under Mastercard privileges offered by the card, you can get access to events, hotel discounts, discounts on car rentals, and other travel and lifestyle related benefits.
- The Citibank Debit Mastercard is a contactless-enabled debit card. Cardholders can make contactless transactions through Mastercard PayPass at merchant terminals.
- The Debit Mastercard offered by Citi comes with the Multi-Currency feature, a feature that allows cardholders to make transactions overseas in 9 different currencies (AUD, CAD, EUR, HKD, JPY, NZD, GBP, CHF, USD). This feature covers ATM cash withdrawals as well as transactions (in the specific local currency). Note that in order to use this feature, the Citibank Debit Mastercard has to be linked to the Citibank Foreign Currency Account.
- You can use this debit card to pay for your train and bus rides with a simple “tap and go”. You do not have to make any top-ups.
- The card comes with the EMV-Dynamic Data Authentication Chip that protects all your card transactions, both online and offline. Your card will be protected from fraud, information compromise, and identity theft.
- The card is compatible with payment wallets including Samsung Pay and Citi Pay.
- The daily spending limit at Point of Sale (POS) machines is capped at S$2,000 for the Citibank Debit Mastercard.
- You will receive notifications for every transaction that goes through your Citibank Debit Mastercard. Notifications, even in the case of failed or declined transactions, will be received on your registered mobile number.
Eligibility Criteria of Citi Debit Card
- Minimum age: 18 years.
- Singaporeans, foreigners and non-profit organisations are eligible to apply.
- You must hold a personal account or joint deposit account with the bank to apply for this debit card.
How to apply Citi Debit Card in Singapore?
You can apply for the Citibank Debit Mastercard by visiting the Citi Singapore website and navigating to the Citibank Debit Mastercard webpage. On this webpage, click on the option, “Apply Now”. You will be directed to the online application form which you must download, take a print out, fill the form and mail it to the bank.
How to Activate your Citi Debit Card?
After you’ve applied for your debit card (either online or offline), you will receive your debit card along with your PIN number. You can activate your debit card in the following ways:
- SMS - Send an SMS from your registered mobile number to 72484 in the following format, “ ACT”. For overseas activation, send an SMS to +65 9657 2484.
- Self Service Phone Banking - You need to call the Card Activation Citi Hotline available on 6334 2484. You need to provide your card number or NRIC and then follow the instructions. You then need to enter your telephone PIN or you can request for an OTP (One Time Password) to complete your card activation.
- Citi Mobile app - You can download the Citi Mobile app on your phone to activate your debit card. This does require a sign-in.
- Online - You can activate your debit card through “Citibank Online” using your User ID and Password.
Q. What is the daily withdrawal limit on the Citibank Debit Mastercard?
A. The daily cash withdrawal limit on the Citibank Debit Mastercard is S$3,000.
Q. Are there any fees and charges associated with Citi debit cards?
A. The Citibank Debit Mastercard does not charge any fees and charges.
Q. What is the maximum liability on the Citibank Debit Mastercard if I have lost it or it has been stolen?
A. Your maximum liability in case your Citibank Debit Mastercard has been lost/stolen is S$100. However, this liability is only applicable if you immediately notify the bank regarding the loss/theft, if you assist the bank in recovering any unauthorised transactions and provide a police report/statutory declaration. The bank must be convinced that the loss/theft of your card was not due to your negligence.
Q. Can I use the Citibank Debit Mastercard to make cash withdrawals overseas?
A. Yes. You can make cash withdrawals using your Citibank Debit Mastercard at over 2 million ATMs across the world.
Q. Will I get any fuel savings on the Citibank Debit Mastercard?
A. Yes. You can save up to 14% across Esso stations in Singapore.