Headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, the CIMB Bank is a leading banking organisation in Asia. It is also one of the largest Islamic banks in the world. With more than 35,000 employees across 15 countries, CIMB has emerged as the fifth largest banking corporation in ASEAN. Apart from ASEAN, CIMB Bank has also made its presence felt in the UK, the US, Sri Lanka, Korea, India, China, and Hong Kong. It’s a popular choice amongst customers for the numerous financial products that it provides to its customers. These products come under categories like personal banking, wealth and financial management services, and commercial banking.
How to apply for CIMB ibanking?
You are just a click away from your CIMB account with CIMB Click, the bank’s online banking service. You can apply for CIMB’s ibanking service in the following ways:
- You can visit your nearest CIMB Bank branch and fill in an application form. You can submit the filled-in form with the service ambassador in the bank.
- You can download the CIMB Click internet banking service request form. You can mail it back after filling it in.
How to sign up for CIMB ibanking?
To sign up for CIMB online banking, you will have to fill an application form. The criteria to apply for this signing up process is as follows:
- You must be at least 15 years old.
- You must possess an active CIMB ATM card, debit card of principal card, and the respective PIN numbers.
- You must have a mobile number that is registered with the CIMB Bank.
- You can also visit the nearest CIMB Bank branch and sign up.
- Once your application is submitted, you will receive a CIMB Clicks Activation Code through your mail. You will be sent your Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) through SMS and through email. The SMS and the code will be sent to you within 5 working days after the reception of your application form.
- Once you receive your CIMB Clicks activation code, you can make your first login on the bank's internet banking site.
How to login to your CIMB Bank account?
Once you receive the CIMB Clicks activation code, you can make your first login. You can then create your own CIMB Clicks username and password.
Key benefits of using CIMB ibanking
The following are some of the key benefits of using the ibanking facility provided by the CIMB Bank:
- You don’t have to stand in long queues for simple banking errands like transfer of funds. You can use the fund transfer feature on your ibanking portal and transfer money to anywhere and everywhere.
- You can access the e-statement of your account any time using ibanking.
- You can link your utility accounts with your online banking account and pay the bills using internet banking.
- You can update your registered phone number, address, and other particulars sitting at the comfort of your home.
- You can pay for purchases made online easily using the ibanking facility.
- You can keep a tab on all your expenses using the CIMB ibanking facility.
- In case you need a new cheque book, you can raise a request online through CIMB Clicks. Also, you can check the status of payee cheques through internet banking.
Things to know while using CIMB online banking service
Following are a few pointers to keep in mind while using CIMB online banking services:
- Make sure that your personal information on the website remains updated all the time. Especially, your residential address, your mobile number and your email id should always be up to date.
- Refrain from using the ibanking service on a public computer to prevent fraudulent transactions and unwanted logins.
- Do not reveal the OTP, the serial number of your 2FA token, your username and password, your bank account number, and your credit/debit card number to people you don't know.
- If you notice any unauthorized login from your account, contact the bank immediately.
- Keep changing the password of your ibanking account frequently.
- Don’t let anybody tamper with your 2FA security token. Make sure that your token remains secure with you all the time.
- Once logged in, do not leave your CIMB account unattended.
Investment options for CIMB Click user
You can apply for fixed deposits accounts, CIMB credit cards, and home loans using CIMB Clicks.
FAQs for CIMB iBanking Users
- What kind of transactions can I make through CIMB internet banking?
Ans: You can make the following transfer using CIMB internet banking:
- You can make funds transfer to a third party account, your own account, and your accounts in CIMB Malaysia.
- You can check your account details for loans, credit cards, and the deposits you make.
- You can make all your bill payments through CIMB Clicks.
Ans: No, you will not have to pay any fees to transfer funds to accounts in Malaysia.
Ans: You will be required to have at least one savings or current account with CIMB Bank before gaining access to CIMB Click.
Ans: Yes, CIMB Click is a free-of-cost service.
Ans: In case you forget your CIMB username and password, you can go to the personal banking page and click on the "Forgotten CIMB Click ID" tab. In case you have forgotten your activation code, you can visit the nearest branch of CIMB Bank and request them for a new activation code.