CIMB Bank currently offers 3 fixed deposit products that allow you to choose from a range of tenures, currencies, and interest rates. Take a look at all the CIMB Fixed Deposit Accounts:
- CIMB SGD Fixed Deposit Account - You will earn fixed interest rates on depositing fixed amounts of money in Singapore dollars over a fixed, predetermined time period. You can open your CIMB SGD Fixed Deposit Account with an initial deposit amount of S$1,000.
- CIMB Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit Account - This account lets you save in a foreign currency for a fixed tenure. You can choose from seven different foreign currencies, including US Dollar, Sterling Pound, Australian Dollar, New Zealand Dollar, Euro Dollar, Canadian Dollar, and Renminbi (Offshore).
- CIMB Why Wait Fixed Deposit-i Account - This Islamic banking time deposit is designed to comply with the Shariah concept of Murabahah. Unlike other fixed deposit accounts, this account gives returns as profit rates, upfront (instead of interest rates). The minimum initial deposit amount is S$1,000.
CIMB Fixed Deposit Promotion in Singapore
CIMB Singapore Dollar Fixed Deposit Promotion
Earn up to 1.40% p.a. on this deposit account. The promotion applies only to tenures of 6 and 12 months. To be eligible for the offer, you will have to place at least S$20,000. The promotion lasts till 31 January 2018.
|Minimum placement||Interest - 6-month deposits (% p.a.)||Interest 12-month deposits (% p.a.)|
|For Preferred clients only|
Terms and conditions applicable to this promotion:
- The placement must be made in fresh funds. This means that you can’t transfer funds from your Current of Savings account of CIMB for placement in this fixed deposit account.
- The promotional rates will be applicable only when you hold the deposit till maturity. If you withdraw the deposit before maturity, you will get the interest at 0.25% p.a. for every completed quarter.
CIMB Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit Account Promotion
Earn higher interest rates on this deposit account for select foreign currencies. To qualify for the promotion, you will have to open a Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit Account with CIMB with a minimum amount of 20,000 units in any of the participating currencies — AUD, NZD, USD and GBP. The promotion ends on 31 January 2018.
|1 month||1.99% p.a.||1.40% p.a.||1.67% p.a.||0.29% p.a.|
|3 months||2.17% p.a.||1.75% p.a.||1.86% p.a.||0.42% p.a.|
|6 months||2.27% p.a.||1.97% p.a.||2.04% p.a.||0.57% p.a.|
|12 months||2.47% p.a.||2.15% p.a.||2.20% p.a.||0.79% p.a.|
Terms and conditions that apply for this promotion:
- Deposits must involve fresh funds, which means that you can’t transfer funds from your existing CIMB account. Also, renewal of fixed deposits will not qualify for this promotional offer.
- Personal and joint account holders can participate in this promotion. However, the main account holder should be at least 21 years old on the date of opening of the account.
Eligibility to apply for CIMB Fixed Deposit Account
The applicant must be at least 18 years old. Those who are below 18 and wish to open this fixed deposit account can do so with a parent/guardian who is 18 or above.