CIMB Fixed Deposit promotion is an extension of the CIMB Fixed Deposit service accessible with CIMB Bank. The CIMB Bank fixed deposit plan comes with many features like:
- Attractive interest rates.
- Wide selection of tenures.
- Affordable deposit amounts.
- Automatic renewal facility.
- Wide choice of currencies (in case of foreign currency fixed deposit accounts - deposits are available in USD, GBP, AUD, NZD, EUR, CAD and CNH).
- Upfront cash payment.
Fixed Deposit accounts offered by CIMB Bank
There are currently three types of fixed deposit products on offer by CIMB bank. They are:
- CIMB SGD Fixed Deposit Accounts - This fixed deposit account offers fixed interest rates when money is deposited with the bank over a period of time. A wide range of tenures is available for the depositors to choose from, with a minimum deposit as low as S$1,000.
- CIMB Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit Account - This deposit account allows an investor to save a fixed sum of money in a designated foreign currency for a predetermined period at a fixed rate of interest.
- CIMB Why Wait Fixed Deposit-i Account - This is a Shariah-compliant fixed deposit account that uses the concept of Murabahah (mark-up) to manage the deposit-taking activity from the customer to the bank. The returns are collected upfront in the form of profit, instead of being credited at maturity.
CIMB SGD Fixed Deposit Promotion
Currently, the CIMB bank is running a promotion for their SGD Fixed Deposit offering special interest rates for 6-month and 12-month tenures. The promotion is valid till 15 March, 2017,.
|Placement Amount||Interest Rate (% p.a.)|
|S$20,000 and above||1.20||1.25|
|S$100,000 and above (CIMB Preferred customers only)||1.25||1.30|
CIMB Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit Promotion
Another promotion currently up and running is on Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit promotion offering up to 2.66% p.a. interest on 12-Month tenure. The minimum deposit amount is 20,000 in respective currency.
The promotional rates valid from 1 March, 2017 to 31 March, 2017 are as follows:
|Tenor||AUD Rates (% p.a.)||NZD Rates (% p.a.)||USD Rates (% p.a.)||EUR Rates (% p.a.)||GBP Rates (% p.a.)|