MS First Capital Motor Insurance Singapore
MS First Capital Insurance Limited was formed in 1950. The company is a leading provider of non-life insurance. They cover sections of insurance that include fire, marine hull, engineering, motor, marine cargo, professional indemnity, bond, public liability, personal accident, and worker’s compensation.
Key Areas of Cover for MS First Capital Motor Insurance
- Third party liability: This covers property damage and personal injury to third parties.
- Third party fire and theft: In addition to property damage and personal injury to third parties, this covers fire damage and loss due to theft.
- Comprehensive insurance: This covers damage or loss due to accidents while providing third-party liability.
What is Covered Under Comprehensive Insurance
- Damage or loss caused by accidents to the vehicle that is insured.
- Property damage or personal injury to any third parties that include passengers.
- Personal accident benefits for both passengers and the insured party.
- The insured vehicle will get windshield damage covered in full.
- S$300 worth of medical expenses covered for both policyholder and passengers.
Considering the additional premiums the insured pays, 50% of the No Claim Discount or NCD will be protected in the following way:
|Three or greater
Exceptions for NCD Protection
- If you fail to report an accident within 24 hours, even if you have NCD protection, your NCD entitlement will be reduced by 10%.
- The NCD protection does not guarantee protection against cancellation or non-renewal of your policy.
- Your NCD protection cannot be transferred to another person.
How You Can File a Claim
The General Insurance Association of Singapore spearheaded a motor claims framework that states that road traffic accidents in Singapore should be reported in 24 hours or the following business day. These accidents need to be reported either to the premier workshops associated with MS First Capital Insurance or to any Independent Damage Assessment Centre or IDAC.
If this condition is not met, the NCD attached to your motor insurance policy will get affected.
How You Can Report an Accident at an Accident Reporting Centre
- Carry the original certificate of insurance.
- You should bring the insured vehicle. If your vehicle is damaged, it can be towed.
- Provide information on:
- Make, colour, and model of the vehicles.
- Name, NRIC, and address information of the involved parties.
- Contact numbers of the involved parties.
- Details of insurance companies of the other party (parties).
- Time, date, and place where the accident took place.
- Details of damage to the vehicles.
- Vehicle position before and after the collision.
- Photographs, if any, of the accident scene.
- Registration numbers for the vehicles involved in the accident.
- Information provided by any witnesses.
- Details of road and weather conditions.
Theft, Fire, or Damages to Insured Vehicles
If you are a victim of theft, fire, or damages that result from non-traffic accidents, you need to report the accident to the police and get a copy of the report.
What Happens if You Have an Accident in Malaysia?
File a report with the Malaysian Traffic Police and procure a copy of the police report.
You should also:
- Provide all communication and letters that you receive from any third parties with details of the accident to MS First Capital Insurance.
- Avoid services from tow-truck drivers that are unauthorised.
How to Make an Own Damage Claim
If you have chosen comprehensive insurance for your vehicle, you can choose premier workshops associated with MS First Capital Insurance or a preferred workshop of your choice. For this, you should expect:
- A survey for your vehicle that is arranged by a premier workshop. If you want to use any other workshop, you should contact the insurance company first.
- Any excesses that are not covered by the policy should be paid directly to the workshop doing the repairs.
- For windscreen damage claim, you have to download the claim form, complete it and sign it, and get your workshop to get in touch with the insurance company.
If you have comprehensive insurance and choose to get your vehicle repaired at a premier workshop, expect:
- The towage fee to be waived.
- A courtesy vehicle while your own vehicle is being repaired.
- Assistance when you want to claim loss of use or excess from the workshop when the accident was not your fault.
Making Claims Against Errant Third Parties
If you were not at fault for the accident and you choose to repair your vehicle at a premier workshop, the workshop will assist you in claiming damages from the third party. This is to cover your losses that include any loss of use or policy excess.
When You Receive a Claim from a Third Party or Their Solicitors
- Do not have any discussion regarding liability with the third party.
- If you receive any written communication, forward it to the insurance company at the earliest.
- If you receive a Writ of Summons or a Traffic Summons, send it to MS First Capital Insurance as soon as possible.
What Happens After A Claim Submission?
The claims mission of the insurer is to judge every claim fairly and make prompt payments, where due. Here is what they offer:
- Acknowledgement of claims within 3 working days from the notification date.
- If a claim amount needs to be paid, it will be done so within 7 working days upon concluding the investigation.
- If an appeal is raised, the Principal Officer will respond within 14 working days from the appeal date.
- In cases of dissatisfied claimants, the matter can be taken to FIDReC whose decision will be considered final on the matter.
MS First Capital Insurance Contact Details
When contacting the company always quote the full name of the policyholder, the insured vehicle number, and policy number.
Get in touch with MS First Capital Insurance to file your motor insurance claims. Using the contact information, get in touch with appropriate departments. You can also prepare yourself with the necessary information before you file a claim with your insurer.