If you have ever been in an accident, you know how stressful it can be. Knowing car insurance claim process can help ease some of the stress. If you are an Aviva car insurance policyholder, here’s what you need to do after an accident to ensure a smooth claim process.
Aviva Car Insurance Claim Process
Exchange Details of the Parties Involved
You will need to take the following details of all the parties involved in the accident:
- Vehicle number
Take Photographs of the Accident Scene
- Take photos of the accident scene with all the damaged vehicles and surrounding areas.
- Take photos of the damages to your vehicle. Don’t forget to capture your license plates.
- Take photos of the damages to other vehicles as well, with license plates.
Call Aviva Hotline
- Call Aviva hotline at 6333 2222 and explain the incident.
- Aviva will send a Mobile Accident Response Service (MARS) to the place of accident.
- The personnel from MARS will assess the situation and also take photographs as evidence. MARS will also submit a claim form for you along with an electronic submission of General Insurance Association (GIA) Accident Form.
File a Police Report
- If you are involved in an accident where someone is injured, immediately inform the police and file a report.
- Procure a copy of the police report and present it to Aviva. Submitting police report is compulsory if the accident involved government property/vehicles, foreign vehicles, cyclists or pedestrians, or if it was a hit-and-run case.
Bring Your Vehicle to the Reporting Centre
- In case your vehicle is in a bad shape and can’t be driven, you can have Aviva arrange a towing vehicle for you. However, if you can drive the car, bring it to the Aviva approved reporting centre/workshop within 24 hours of the accident or by the next working day.
- The repairer will inform you about the expected date of returning the vehicle.
- If the repair is not economical or if the car is stolen and not found, you will get the market value of the car.
- If you have a Loss of Use Hire Car Cover, Aviva will arrange a rental car for you as soon as possible after the accident.
- In case you receive any summons from a third party insurer, you should inform Aviva immediately.
Other Important Things to Keep in Mind
- Do not accept any liability or agree to pay for the damages before consulting with Aviva.
- In case you were involved in an accident but do not wish to make a claim or your car was not damaged, even then you should report the incident to Aviva within 24 hours. Not doing so may affect your No Claims Discount (NCD).
- In case the accident happens in West Malaysia or up to 80 Kms in Thailand from the border of West Malaysia, you will have to call Aviva at 65 6333 2222 and seek assistance. All accidents must be reported to the local police.