Most Singaporeans, who use their own vehicle for commuting, often use a petrol credit card to save on their fuel expenses. Almost all the credit card issuers in Singapore have partnership with at least one fuel marketers to offer such savings on fuel. Esso is one such leading fuel marketer in Singapore where you can save every time you purchase fuel. Read on to learn about various credit cards that offer discounts at Esso stations in Singapore.
Best ESSO Petrol Discount Cards
|Card Name||Highest Discounts||ESSO Smile Card Discount|
|DBS Esso Card||21.6%||2.4%|
|OCBC Plus! Visa Card||18.5%||2.3%|
|Citi Esso Mobil Privilege Card||20.88%||5%|
|OCBC 365 Credit Card||18.3%||5%|
|Citi Cash Back Card||20.88%||5%|
|Citi Rewards Card||14%||5%|
Compare ESSO Petrol Discount Credit Cards
DBS Esso Card is one of the few credit cards in Singapore that has been designed in partnership with Esso. With this card, you can save up to 21.6% on your fuel purchase at Esso stations. The 21.6% savings include an instant discount of 17% and a cashback of S$30 as part of an ongoing promotional offer. To earn S$30 cashback, you will have to spend at least S$180 (net) at Esso every month for three consecutive months during the promotion period (April-June 2018). Additionally, with this card, you will get up to 2.4% Smile savings (as part of Esso Smiles Driver Rewards programme), which will take your effective savings to 24%.
- Swift payment for fuel at Esso fuel stations using the Pay-at-the-Pump system.
- Earn Smiles Points on all your spending done using the card.
- Get enrolled automatically in the Esso Smiles Driver Rewards Programme.
Save up to 14% on fuel at Esso fuel stations. This discount is based on 5% site discount, 5% discount on Esso Smiles Card, and 4% discount when you pay for the fuel using your Citi Rewards Card. To enjoy the maximum discount, make sure you are enrolled in the Esso Smile Rewards programme and you are making the payment together with your Smiles Card.
- Earn 10 rewards points (equivalent to four Citi Miles) per Singapore dollar spent on clothes, shoes, and bags. You can earn a maximum of 120,000 rewards points in a year.
- Receive 1 rewards point for every Singapore dollar you spend on all other categories.
- Receive free travel cover of up to S$1 million when you use this card for your travel expenses.
With the OCBC Plus! Visa Credit Card, you can save up to 18.5% on fuel at Esso. In addition, you can earn up to 2.3% Esso Smiles Points, when you buy at least 250 litres of Synergy fuel in a month with the same card. The 18.5% discount is based on 5% discount on Esso Smiles Card, 5% site discount, 4.2% discount for making payment with your OCBC card, and an additional 4.3% rebate when you charge at least S$600 to your credit card account in a month.
- Up to 7% rebate on purchases made at FairPrice stores and Warehouse Club.
- Up to 3% rebate when you shop at FairPrice Online.
- 1% LinkPoints rewards on your recurring bills from Singtel, Starhub, and M1.
Save up to 20.88% with this card that has been designed by Citi in partnership with Esso. It’s a complimentary card, available exclusively for principal Citi cardholders. It can be tagged to any Citi card of your choice and can only be used at Esso stations. So, every time you use this card to purchase the fuel, the transaction will be automatically charged to your main Citi credit card account. This way, you will also earn rewards (if applicable) on your Citi credit card.
- Earn both Esso Smiles Points and credit card rewards points using the same card.
- Complimentary card offered to main Citi cardholders.
- Earn Bonus Smiles Points when you purchase at least 250 litres of Synergy fuel in a month with the same card.
With this card, you can save up to 18.3% at Esso. This discount is based on 5% Esso station site discount, 5% discount on Esso Smiles Card, 4% discount when you make the payment with your OCBC card, and an extra 4.3% rebate if you charge at least S$600 to your OCBC 365 card in a month.
- Up to 6% cashback on dining and up to 3% cashback on online shopping, groceries, and recurring telco bills.
- Complimentary travel insurance of up to S$200,000.
- 24/7 Visa concierge service to assist you with your lifestyle needs.
Save up to 20.88% on your fuel purchases at Esso stations. This includes a site discount of 5%, Esso Smiles Card discount of 5%, Citi credit card discount of 4%, and an extra 8% cashback when you make the payment with your Citi Cash Back Card. You must spend at least S$888 in a calendar month to qualify for the 8% cashback.
- 8% cashback on Grab rides, dining and groceries.
- Complimentary travel coverage.
- 10% Citi Rebate at over 300 participating merchants.
ESSO Rewards Programme
With this reward programme, you will earn 1 Smile Point for every 1 litre of Synergy fuel you buy at an Esso station. If you have a Citi Esso Mobil Privilege Card or a DBS Esso Card, you will be automatically registered in this programme. For other cards, you will have to sign up for this programme to start earning Smiles Points.
Once you accumulate enough Smiles Points, you can convert these points to the selected partner's loyalty points. Esso also has a partnership with Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer and Asia Miles. Additionally, you can earn 35% Bonus Smiles Points when you purchase at least 250 litres of Synergy fuel in a calendar month. Your Smile Points will never expire, if you make at least one transaction in a year at an Esso station.
There are four ways to redeem your rewards:
- At the service station
- By fax
- Instant redemption
- By phone
There is also an option of combining Smiles Points from more than one card to redeem a reward of higher value. Here are the steps that you need to take:
- Fill up the Smiles Redemption Form with all your details and the details of the other member.
- Specify the number of Smiles Points to be taken off from each account.
- Both members' signatures will be needed to get the approval for the redemption.
How to Make Your Card Payment at Esso
You can make payment at Esso in the following ways:
Personal payment cards
Make use of your personal credit cards to pay for the fuel at Esso stations and get special discounts, especially using the cards which has a partnership with Esso.
Pay. Pump. Go
With Esso’s Pay-at-the-Pump system, you can pay for the fuel faster and enjoy more convenience. It allows you to pay for the petrol at the pump with a card. This feature is now offered at service stations throughout Singapore.
Esso Fleet Card
For organisations that own a fleet of vehicles that require regular refuelling, there is an easy way to pay for fuel- Esso Fleet Card. With this card, the details of all your vehicles will be at your fingertips, making it easy for you to get online access to everything quickly.
Here are the various features of Esso Fleet Card:
- Extensive network
- Ease and speed of payment
- User management
- Fleet management
- Card management
- 24/7 access
Travel will become more affordable and enjoyable for you with these credit cards even if the petrol price continue to rise.