If you are searching for a card that offers exclusive privileges on your dining needs, Bank of China dining cards may be the right ones for you. The dining credit cards offered by BOC are:
Here are the list of BOC Credit Cards offered for Dinging category
Features and benefits
- The card gives you 10% cash rebates on dining spends. You need to spend at least S$600 before you start earning the higher cash rebate, and the rebates are capped at S$80 in a month.
- The card also gives you:
- Up to 30.7% savings on petrol payments at Shell and SPC outlets
- 20% cash rebate up to 30 June 2018 (and 10% thereafter) on SPH and Zaobao Newspaper subscriptions
- 12% rebate at BreadTalk
- 10% rebate at department stores, SPH Buzz, and on online transactions
- 5% cash rebate on transactions made in China
- Apart from the cash rebates, you also get 2 BOC Reward Points per equivalent of S$1 spent overseas, and 1 point for each dollar spent in Singapore.
- With this card, you can get an annual rebate of up to 7% on your local and overseas dining.
- You are also entitled to get cash rebates of 5% on your online transactions, hospital bills, supermarket purchases, the first four NETS FlashPay Auto Top-Ups, and stores such as Unity Pharmacy, BEST Denki, Watsons, Big Box, and Toys ‘R’ Us.
- The card also gives you 1% rebate on telecommunication bills, an additional 2% on supplementary card transactions outside of the given categories, and 0.5% on all other general card spends.
- You will receive a maximum cash rebate of S$100 every month on the principal card and an extra S$20 on other transactions using the supplementary card. The total cash rebate is capped at S$1,440 p.a.
- You are entitled to get the following dining discounts with the BOC Visa Infinite Card:
- 50% savings on your dinner bill (for 2 people)
- 33% savings if 3 people are dining
- 25% savings if 4 people are dining
- 20% savings for 5 diners or more
- Get 20% discount on food bills at AquaMarine and Peach Blossoms at Marina Mandarin.
- Spend at least S$50 and get 20% discount on food bills at Peach Garden Chinese Restaurant.
- Get 15% concession on your food bills at leading restaurants that include Chatterbox, Shisen Hanten, and Triple Three at Mandarin Orchard; OSO Ristorante, Restaurant Absinthe, and Wakanui Grill.
- You will also get 1% cash rebate on all your purchases that are made in Singapore (no minimum spend or earn cap is applicable).
- By opting for this card, you are also entitled to special travel benefits such as 24-hour lifestyle concierge, waiver of 1.5% currency exchange fees on overseas foreign currency transactions, free travel insurance and Plaza Premium Lounge access, among others.
- You can use the card to get 20% discount at several dining establishments throughout the island, including Atrium at Holiday Inn, Shinkei Japanese Restaurant, Capri by Fraser, OSO Ristorante, and Hashi Japanese Restaurant.
- You can also enjoy discounts on spa services at selected outlets, and World Mastercard privileges such as the Starwood Preferred Guest Membership and discounts on tickets at Cathay Cineplexes.
- You will earn 3 BOC Reward Points per S$1-equivalent spent outside the country.
- A 24x7 concierge is also at your service with this card.
Fees and charges
||Fees and charges
|Annual fee for BOC Zaobao Card
||S$190 (No fee for two years)
|Annual fee for BOC Family Card
||S$150 (No fee for the first year)
|Annual fee for BOC Visa Infinite Card
||S$350 (No fee for the first year)
|Annual fee for BOC World MasterCard
||S$190 (No fee for two years)
|Cash advance fee
||S$20 or 6% of the amount taken, whichever is greater
|Interest charged on cash advance
|Late payment fee
||5% of the minimum due amount per month or S$100, whichever is greater
|Over limit fee
||S$50 or 3% of the amount above the credi limit, whichever is greater
|Foreign currency transaction fee
• Admin fee: 1.5% of the transaction amount
• Visa/MasterCard cross-border fee: Additional 1% of the transaction amount
|Dynamic Currency Conversion fee
||1% of the transaction amount in addition to the foreign currency fee
- You will need to be above 21 years of age.
- If you would like to apply for the supplementary card, you will need to be over 18 years of age.
- You will need to have an annual income of S$30,000 and above.
- If you are a foreign national, you should have an annual income of S$60,000 and above.
You will need to furnish the following documents while submitting your application for a BOC card:
- If you are a salaried employee, you will need to submit a photocopy of your latest income tax bill, most recent salary slip or CPF statement of account for the last 6 months. You will also need to submit a copy of both the sides of your NRIC.
- If you are self-employed, you will need to furnish your CPF statement for the last 1 year or 2 years’ income tax bill, along with a copy of your NRIC.
- If you are a foreigner, you will need to include a copy of your employment pass or work permit and passport, with a validity of minimum 9 months left on them.
How to apply
You may visit the BOC website and submit an online application form. You can also go to the nearest BOC branch and submit your documents and application form. Upon successful approval of your application, you will receive the card.
How to cancel
If you wish to cancel your Bank of China card, you will need to contact the customer support through phone or visit the nearest branch. You may be required to give a written communication stating the reason for credit card closure. Once this is done, you may cut your card into two or more pieces to ensure that the card is not misused.