Our health takes a backseat till we face a problem with it. Many of us forget about being healthy when we are healthy. But what happens when we’re not? Apart from the bodily damage and stress, we are bombarded with skyrocketing medical bills! Caring now will help you if your health takes a wrong turn. Taking a health insurance plan will give you peace of mind on the financial side while you battle any illness or health issue. You can spend your energy on recuperating and getting fit again instead of stressing about finances.
AXA is a leader in Insurance and Asset Management having a network of operations in 59 countries. It originated in 1817 through a series of mergers to form the AXA Group. It serves over 103 million clients today. AXA has maintained a top position as a leading global insurance brand for six years in a row according to the Interbrand rankings. Consolidating all industries of AXA, it ranks 53rd amongst the top global brands. AXA’s mission is to stop making promises and instead demonstrate their abilities and build trusting relationships with their customers with tangible proof. They aim to service the financial needs of customers and safeguard their interests. AXA is committed to standing out with a difference by redefining the standards of the insurance business while protecting the customers and key stakeholders.
Types of AXA Health Insurance plans
AXA Family Advantage
Having a child is a dream and a triumph for many! But a child can turn out to be expensive and complicated. But AXA provides you with a plan to drive your worries away and let you enjoy parenthood. This policy covers expectant mothers and the unborn child. It also extends to the parents to secure cover for themselves.
- Covers medical costs in the case of treatments due to pregnancy complications and hospitalisation of the baby.
- This plan covers 18 pregnancy complications and 18 congenital illness.
- For multiple foetuses in one pregnancy, the benefits multiple for each child.
- Avail of coverage terms of 3 years or 6 years for your child.
- You can opt for coverage for your new-born child from 3 protection and savings plans. No health questions asked.
- Life Exentials
- INSPIRE Flexi Saver
- INSPIRE Flexi Protector
- For the parents, there is a choice of 2 AXA investment plans.
- Or you can avail of any one of 6 protection and savings plans.
- Life Exentials
- Life Exentials Prime
- Health Pro Growth
- Health Pro Living
- Savvy Saver
- Retire Happy.
- Mother should be between the age of 18 and 45 years.
- You can sign up for Mum Care along with any one of the 8 AXA plans for yourself and your spouse.
- Coverage applies between 16th and 36th week of pregnancy.
AXA GlobalCare Health Plan
Be at ease no matter where you go. Get treatment at the best medical centers internationally. This plan covers you all over the world for hospitalisation, outpatient treatments, maternity expenses, optical expenses, vaccinations, dental, and more.
- No medical tests
- Easy application process
- Get reimbursed for hospitalisation expenses.
- It covers pre and post-hospitalisation expenses as well.
- Get outpatient treatment, hospice and palliative care.
- Cover extends to pre-existing conditions in selected plans.
- Enjoy maternity and new-born benefits as well if you opt to cover maternity expenses in selected plans.
- Also get cover for pre and post-natal complications for the mother to be.
- Extend your cover to vaccinations, optical care, dental, health screening in selected plans.
- Under selected plans, you can get protection if you opt for alternative treatments like homeopathy, Traditional Chinese medicine and others.
- Enjoy cashless treatments without having to spend anything from your pocket.
- Renew your policy on the same terms and conditions every year whether or not you made any claims.
- 24/7 support from the AXA Concierge Team to help you with any queries you may have.
- The maximum age is 80 years
- You can be covered till the age of 99
- To be eligible for Health screening, hospice, palliative care, maternity benefits, pregnancy and delivery charges, a waiting period of 12 months is applicable from the policy inception date.
AXA Mum’s Advantage
Two plans in one, Mum’s Advantage encompasses investment and medical cover. Experience protection and security along with wealth accumulation to get complete peace of mind.
- Ease cost of treatment for unexpected health issues of mother and child during pregnancy and after.
- Be covered as early as 16 weeks into pregnancy
- Be protected against 18 congenital illnesses
- For more than 1 foetus in a single pregnancy, the benefits multiply for each child
- Start saving early for your new-born child with this scheme
- You can transfer the investment policy to your child without any underwriting.
- 18 years to 45 years.
- You can apply if you are 16 to 36 weeks into the pregnancy.
- InVitro Fertilisation pregnancies are not eligible.
- Transfer should be made within 60 days of the birth for a sum assured up to S$200,000.
Ensure protection for you and your family while you reside in Asia or travel abroad. Get the best medical attention if you stumble through an illness or injury.
- Enjoy cashless hospitalisation.
- Get high cover of up to S$4 million to combat soaring medical costs.
- Protect yourself for outpatient treatment including general practitioner and specialist consultations.
- Get cover for prescriptions, dressings, vaccinations and diagnostic tests.
- Pre-existing and congenital conditions are also covered after a 270-day consecutive waiting period.
- Maintenance of non-pre-existing chronic illnesses and treatments for any complications arising thereof will be covered.
- This policy includes international medical emergency assistance. It includes overseas evacuation and repatriation all year around.
- Get information on your policy or queries 24 hours a day.
- The plan is renewable yearly without guarantee.
18 to 80 years old.
AXA Hospital and Surgical Plans
AXA Prime Care
An extensive plan to cover hospitalisation and surgery at affordable rates, Prime Care offers sound medical coverage. Get protection against kidney dialysis, surgery, cancer diagnosis and death benefits.
- Get covered at premiums of just 13 cents per day.
- Receive a fixed amount on your in-hospital benefits regardless of your hospital bill. This amount depends on your choice of plan.
- Receive a lump sum pay-out upon first cancer diagnosis. This will help you take care of medical expenses you will incur.
- Claim insurance from inception of the policy.
- Enjoy guaranteed renewability as long as you have not crossed the lifetime benefit amount.
- Renew your policy up to the age of 85 with no objections to health conditions and prior claims.
- Insure your child from 1 month even if you do not opt for your own insurance policy.
- Get a policy with the family and enjoy a 5% discount if the family includes at least one parent.
- Receive a 10% discount on your premiums upon renewal if you have not made any claims during the policy year. This is capped at a total of 30% discount.
- 65 years is the maximum age at which you can start this policy.
- You can be covered up to the age of 85.
AXA Premier Care
In times of medical emergencies, cash becomes all important. To reduce your financial strain, Premier Care provides you with cash in these situations depending on your choice of plan. You could get a full refund on hospital expenses, including pre and post-hospitalisation, room and board charges. You get benefits from first cancer diagnosis up to death.
- Reimbursement in case of medical expenses for pre and post hospitalisation, hospitalisation, surgeries, and outpatient treatments.
- Get an additional lump sum to take care of medicals upon first cancer diagnosis.
- Claim insurance from your very first dollar at Premier Care.
- Renewing your policy is guaranteed as long as you don’t exceed your lifetime benefit amount. No questions asked on your health condition and number of claims you made.
- Cover your kid from as young as 1 month regardless of whether you take your own insurance policy or not.
- Families including at least one parent can enjoy a 5% discount.
- For each consecutive year, enjoy a 10% discount upon renewal if you have not claimed insurance during the policy year, up to 30% on your premiums.
- 65 years or less.
- Maximum age you can receive cover for is 85.
AXA SmartCare Executive
An insurance plan designed to suit your budget while still providing protection to you and your loved ones. From the first dollar, you will get coverage for hospitalisation. You can also tailor your plan to suit your budget by opting for co-payment, deductible or both.
- Enjoy cashless hospitalisation.
- Get up to S$20,000 for any disability each time you incur one, up to S$70,000 per year.
- Enjoy additional benefits at no extra cost. It includes major organ transplant, surgical implants and daily recovery income.
- Hospital choices are left up to you. You can choose between Government, private or restructured hospitals.
- Avail of surgical percentage waiver in the case of surgeon fees.
- Get up to 45% discount if you’ve opted for co-payment and deductible.
- 18 years to 65 years.
- Maximum renewable age is 85 years.
- No guaranteed renewal. Renewal is yearly.
AXA SmartCare Optimum Enhanced
This plan takes care of your everyday healthcare. There are three plans to choose from and each come at affordable rates. With advantageous features such as comprehensive hospitalisation, General Practitioner and Specialist cover, this plan assures you protection against incredible medical costs. You can also add on dental and travel inconvenience protection.
- Coverage up to S$1 million a year.
- Surgical percentage is waived on surgeon fees.
- Consultation with both general and specialists are part of the core plan.
- Reimbursement for medical expenses in full up to the annual limit.
- Enjoy stable portfolio pricing with no cap on your medical condition.
- There will also be no additional premiums when you renew your policy.
- Enjoy overseas benefits built into the plan.
- Take a travel inconvenience rider to enhance your policy.
- Extend your cover to protect your smile with dental protection.
- 18 years minimum
- 65 years maximum
- You can renew the policy up to the age of 80.
- Yearly renewable with no guarantees.
AXA Health Cash Plan
When you face hospitalisation, your earnings take a hit. With this plan, you can ensure a stable income of cash on a daily basis which you can use on your own accord.
- Get protected in case of broken bones caused by accident.
- Upon first cancer diagnosis, receive up to S$50,000 upfront.
- Be assured of up to S$1,500 for outpatient costs when you visit a specialist or run diagnostic tests prescribed by specialists.
- Up to the age of 65 years.
- You can renew the policy up to the age of 80 years.
- No guaranteed renewal. This plan is yearly renewable.
Compare AXA Health Insurance With Other Insurance Companies Offering Health Insurance in Singapore
- AIA Health Insurance
- NTUC Health Insurance
- AVIVA Health Insurance
- AIG Health Insurance
- Great Eastern Health Insurance
- Prudential Health Insurance
- Tokio Marine Group Medical Insurance
- Manulife Health Insurance
- Liberty Medical Insurance
FAQs - AXA Health Insurance
- What is a pre-existing illness?
- What is the scope of guaranteed and non-guaranteed renewal?
- Does AXA offer any other insurance schemes other than health?
- How do I claim insurance?
- What documents do I require to file a claim?
Pre-existing illness means you have had the sickness before you took out the insurance policy. Normally, pre-existing illnesses include asthma, bronchitis, allergies, tonsillitis and so on. Your policy may not cover pre-existing conditions, so read the offer document carefully.
Under policies that are guaranteed renewal, you will be able to renew your policy year after year regardless of your health condition or how many claims you made in the previous year. Under non-guaranteed renewal policies, every year your policy will be reviewed and your renewal will be determined solely at the discretion of the insurance company.
Yes, AXA has a wide range of insurance products including Life, Car, Travel, Personal Accident, Cyber Risks, Home and Art insurance. It also offers savings and investment plans.
To claim insurance, download the relevant claim form from the AXA official website. Fill up the form. Gather all required documents of proof. Submit the documents and the form to the AXA office.
You need to have a duly filled claim form and the following.
- Copy of Assured's NRIC and Life Assured's NRIC or Birth Certificate
- Original Policy Document (for claiming on basic benefit)
- Supporting radiological and laboratory reports
Yes, if your policy is CPF funded, in the event of a TPD and Major illness claim, the money from the insurance claim will be credited to your CPF account.
News About Axa Health Insurance
Alibaba, Ant Financial Services and AXA agree upon global partnership
Alibaba, Ant Financial Services and AXA will engage themselves in a global partnership for exploring the opportunities of distributing the insurance products designed by AXA and the services via the worldwide e-commerce system of Alibaba.
These organisations will be working closely with each other to enhance the value added services and products. New markets and segments will also be explored by the joint venture of these companies.
During the initial phase, the collaboration will be focusing on three sectors. Firstly, the insurance products will be designed and developed for the global customers of Alibaba. These services will include repair of damaged products, extended warranties, etc. Secondly, insurance products will be offered to the small and medium sized enterprises across the globe that operate on the wholesale marketplaces provided by Alibaba. Thirdly, AXA will be offering insurance products to the Chinese travellers via AXA.
17th August 2016
Receive Free Health Kits from AXA’s Capsule Dispensers
Till the 21st of November, people can get free health kits from dispensers located at four Singapore bus stops. AXA has come up with this idea is to promote its general health insurance policy. This idea is a part of the company’s international marketing campaign.
The company has transformed the ads on four bus stops into big – sized dispensers that will be rotated every week. The dispenser has a button, pushing which will release free health kits. These kits contain essential items needed to prevent common illnesses or ailments like mosquito patches, band- aids, medicated oil and cough drops.
Along with this campaign, AXA will launch various social activities which will include the AXA Safer City Contest. To participate in this contest, one has to submit ideas on how to make Singapore safer. The best ideas will be converted into reality and the last date of entering the contest is November 13th, 2015. Shopping vouchers worth S$30 will be given to the first hundred submitted ideas.
20th October 2015