Aviva Singapore has a simple travel insurance claim process. It covers you even when you’re abroad, subject to the policy terms and conditions, and relevant laws governing them. If want to make a claim, the faster you fill out the claims form and submit it with supporting documents, the faster will the company be able to act on it.
Emergency Assistance and Advice for Policyholders Abroad
If you’re abroad and need emergency assistance because of the occurrence of an unfortunate event, you should immediately call Aviva’s 24/7 emergency assistance pertaining to claims number to inform the company about your problem. The insurer would try to ascertain the exact nature of your problem and find a suitable solution in the quickest possible time. The emergency assistance number is 065 6322 2022.
A designated assistance company will handle your case and provide immediate advice and solutions in the following ways:
- Making return arrangement for minor children in the event of a mishap when overseas.
- Reporting loss or theft of ID cards or important documents to relevant authorities.
- Providing medical advice on the telephone.
- Making arrangement for evacuation in the event of a medical emergency or some other serious problem.
- Making arrangement for immediate medical attention and treatment, in the event of an emergency.
- Making provisions for delivery of essential medicines, if unavailable abroad.
- Providing assistance to report and replace loss of important documents like passport.
- Providing contact details of lawyers for personal liability cases or whenever legal advice is needed to a policyholder stuck abroad.
- Making arrangement for transportation of mortal remains to home country, in the event of a death.
- Providing travel assistance in the event of an emergency.
- Helping you locate or get in touch with the local embassy or consulate to report a problem and/or seek assistance.
You can call the same number for any other travel-related advice that you might require. They can help you with the following information (but not limited to):
- Foreign exchange rates of major currencies.
- Current weather conditions and forecasts of a place.
- Contact details of major hotels.
- Visa and inoculation requirements for major countries.
To make a claims enquiry, simply dial 065 6827 9966 between 8:45 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. on any working day (doesn’t include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays).
Supporting Documents That You Need to Submit With Your Claim Application
If you have made an upfront payment and want to make a claim for reimbursement, you’re expected to provide supporting documents like original receipts, bills and medical documents. Providing these will reduce the need for seeking further clarifications and explanations.
Common documents that you need to submit are:
- Boarding pass for your flight/flights
- Flight itinerary or passport stamp showing date of departure/arrival clearly (wherever applicable)
Documents for Reimbursement of Medical Expense
- Proof of relationship between policyholder and claimant in case of death.
- Police report in case of accident, violence or hostage situations.
- Death certificate and other documents providing reasons for death in case of death claim.
- Discharge report in case of hospitalisation, other medical reports and medical bills.
Documents Providing Valid Reasons for Trip Cancellation/Postponement/Interruption
- Provide booking receipts/invoice.
- Provide tour itinerary.
- Provide death certificate if death is the reason for trip cancellation.
- Provide medical documents and bills in case the policyholder becomes unfit for travel.
- Provide medical documents and proof of relationship in case somebody related to the policyholder becomes ill leading to cancellation/interruption/postponement of the trip.
- Provide verifiable proof of payment of non-refundable fees for air ticket, car rental or hotel accommodation including payment of cancellation fees, if any.
- In case of postponement or delay, provide verifiable proof of the actual cause of flight delay and a confirmation from the airline and/or travel agent.
Documents Needed for Claims Arising Out of Personal Liability
- Any written correspondence received from third party or third-party representative should be produced before Aviva travel insurance Singapore immediately.
- Any police report or other evidences proving the cause of the accident/incident/injury and the extent of the damage.
Documents Needed for Claims Arising Out of Loss/Damage of Personal Effects
- Provide a copy of the police report, wherever applicable.
- A copy of the report filed with airlines or travel agent regarding loss/damage of personal belongings.
- Original repair bills/receipts/invoices/warranty cards of the items lost/damaged.
- Photographs providing evidence of the extent of damage as claimed.
To learn more about the documents needed for other eligible claims like reimbursement of rental excess, reimbursement of non-refundable pre-booked golf green fees, baggage delay or hijack, please refer to the company website.
Claim and Supporting Document Submission
You can submit your duly filled claim form with full particulars on the claims submission page of the website. Any supporting documents should be mailed to the following address within seven working days after submitting the claim form:
GI Claims Department
4 Shenton Way
#01-01 SGX Centre 2
The following are the most important general exclusions:
- War, unrest, terrorism or war-like operations.
- Dangerous sports that inherently have high risks involved or leisure activities.
- A wilful act of negligence.
- Any loss of or damage to personal belongings caused due to generation of pressure waves in an aircraft travelling at sonic speed.
- Insanity or pre-medical condition directly or indirectly responsible for a damage or a loss.
You can learn more about other exclusions from the company website.