True to the saying “Home is where the heart is”, home is one place where we find solace. A house is a reflection of our investment capabilities and also the most prized-asset because it shelters you and your loved ones. In any case, home insurance is a very important addition to your insurance portfolio. AVIVA offers three different home insurance schemes, each plan individually crafted to the needs of Singaporean home-owners to offer them a complete peace of mind.
Aviva Home Insurance Overview
AVIVA had its humble beginnings as Fire and Life Insurance society which was founded in 1696. With the large merger of CGU and Norwich Union, Aviva was launched in 2002 and continued to gain prominence thereafter. In Singapore, AVIVA is an important market player in investment, insurance, health solutions and retirement. A pioneer in the insurance front, Aviva offers simple, convenient insurance products. Aviva caters to the needs of over 43 million customers worldwide by providing unique products in life insurance and general insurance. Aviva home insurance comes loaded with exclusive benefits and a comprehensive cover which will offer total peace of mind to the home-owners.
Features of Aviva Home Insurance
Aviva home insurance not only protects your home and its content but will cover the renovation work as well. Not only that, Aviva policyholders are also entitled for the following benefits:
- Option of Schemes with Comprehensive Coverage
With three specially crafted home insurance plans to choose from, customers can select the one that benefits the best. Also, Aviva home insurance offers coverage against a range of risks including accidental breakage of glass, loss of credit cards, personal money and papers.
- Easy Claims Process
Customers are guaranteed of a quick and convenient claims process that can be filed online with complete security.
- Money Back Assurance
If you are not entirely satisfied with the Home Insurance policy and the benefits offered, Aviva also offers a refund of the entire amount.
- 24/7 Emergency Assistance
Aviva’s emergency home assistants will be available anytime, anywhere to help you with a range of common household issues and emergencies.
- Manage your Policy Online
You can view, change and make amends to your policy whenever you want to using Aviva’s secure online portal. You can also renew the policy and make a claim from the comfort of your home.
Types of Aviva Home Insurance
Aviva offers three comprehensive home insurance plans – Home Lite, Home and Home Plus. Customers have the flexibility to choose a plan that fits their requirements.
Aviva Home Lite
Home Lite is the basic insurance plan offered by Aviva that provides cover against general risks. It is a “no-frills” insurance scheme for people looking to get a basic coverage.
This home insurance scheme offers extra coverage in addition to the covers included in the Home Lite plan. This plan offers coverage against accidental glass breakage and loss of personal money.
Aviva Home Plus
This scheme offers the highest coverage including protection against loss of personal papers and credit card. Accidental death of a pedigree pet is also covered.
Coverage offered by Aviva Home Insurance
To suit the insurance needs of different class of people, Aviva has three home insurance schemes. Depending on the coverage, customers are offered the flexibility to choose the insurance plan that best suits them.
Here is a summary of covers that are common to all three insurance plans offered by Aviva.
- Household Contents
Items inside the house such as furniture, jewellery, domestic appliances, crockery, linen, laptops etc. are offered a coverage of up to S$35,000.
- Renovation and Fittings
Fixtures and fittings such as built-in wardrobes, air conditioners, sanitary furniture, bathroom and floor coverings are offered a cover of up to S$75,000.
- Personal Legal Liability
Personal legal liability protects the policyholder and by covering any damage to the property or accidental bodily injury caused to a third-party by the policyholder. Aviva offers a personal legal liability cover worth S$250,000 with all three home insurance plans.
- Alternative Accommodation Expenses
If the house is damaged as a direct result of any of the insured perils, Aviva home insurance pays up to S$1,000 per week for a maximum of 12 weeks to cover alternative accommodation.
- Aviva’s Select Home emergency Assistance Package
This package covers perils like fire, flood, earthquake, theft, vehicle impact, lightning etc.
Covers Specific to Aviva Home Lite
Aviva Home, the basic no-frills home insurance policy, offers cover for household contents, renovation & fittings, alternative accommodation and personal legal liability. Also included in the package is Aviva’s emergency assistance package.
Covers Specific to Aviva Home
In addition to the common covers, the following are the extra covers that come with Aviva Home.
- Accidental Breakage of Glass
This cover offers protection of up to S$500 covering the glass within the premises of the property.
Loss of Personal Money, Credit and Debit Cards
Aviva’s “Home Lite” home insurance will cover the replacement costs of debit and credit cards and also any unauthorized use of the cards following any loss at the residence by an insured peril.
Covers Specific to Aviva Home Plus
Aviva Home Plus is the “cover-all” home insurance plans that offers the following additional covers in addition to the common covers.
- Accidental Death of Pedigree Dog or Cat
For accidental death of a pedigree pet from a damage caused by insured perils, Aviva offers a coverage of S$500.
- Breakage of Glass and Loss of Personal Money and Cards
Home Plus insurance scheme also covers the replacement cost and unauthorized usage of credit and debit cards. Also, S$500 is offered as cover for breakage of glass.
Eligibility for Aviva Home Insurance
The applicant must satisfy the following conditions in order to be eligible for Aviva home insurance:
- The applicant should be a Singapore resident with a NRIC or FIN.
- The applicant must own or rent a property located in Singapore.
- The applicant must be aged above 18 years.
General Exceptions in Aviva Home Insurance
Aviva Home Insurance policies does not cover the following:
- Damages caused to the property as a consequence of war, hostilities, warlike operations, mutiny, civil war, act of foreign enemy and such activities.
- Any damage that is directly or indirectly caused by terrorist activities including nuclear, chemical and biological warfare.
- Damages caused because of any action taken in controlling, suppressing or preventing war or terrorism.
- Loss, damage or liability caused because of ionising radiation, radioactive contamination and explosive radioactive equipment.
- Loss or damage to the property because of pressure waves from a travelling aircraft at or over the speed of sound.
- Any loss or damage caused due to your wilful act or negligence.
- Loss, damage or liability because of pollution or contamination.
- As per sanction limitation and exclusion clause, Aviva will not cover or pay claims that would expose the insurer to any sanction, prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or such regulations.
Please read the policy document carefully for a detailed list of exclusions and covers offered before proceeding with application or making a claim.
Compare AVIVA Home Insurance With Other Insurance Companies Offering Home Insurance in Singapore
- AIA Home Insurance
- HSBC Home Insurance
- Tenet Home Insurance
- AIG Home Insurance
- AXA Home Insurance
- MSIG Home Insurance
- NTUC Enhanced Home Insurance
FAQs - Aviva Home Insurance
- Are the contents of my car garage covered by Aviva home insurance?
Yes. The home insurance policy covers your property along with the outbuildings that are at the address mentioned in the policy schedule.
- Will I be required to specify all my valuable items like stereo and furniture?
No. But, your home insurance policy will have an upper claim limit per item.
- I have an existing Home insurance policy with Aviva. What will happen if I fail to pay the premium instalment?
Your policy will remain active and in force but you will be issued finance charges, interest and fees on the outstanding amount by the bank.
- How will you replace the lost or damaged household items?
As per the insurance policy, Aviva will compensate you for the repair or replacement of the lost or damaged items.
- Will Aviva home insurance cover the replacement of stolen locks and keys?
Yes. If you purchase the additional cover for replacement locks, Aviva offers up to S$500 in case the keys of external doors, alarm systems or domestic safes are lost or stolen.