Credit cards can prove to be of great help when you need financial assistance. May it be going on an office tour in a foreign country, taking your kids to the amusement park or catching up for a movie with your old friends, a credit card can always come in handy. There are different types of credit cards which are best suited as per the spending needs of the customers. The credit cards that are available in the financial market today come with unique features and benefits. Everyone loves to be rewarded. Thus, the rewards feature on the credit card is something that consumers look for.
Overview of American Express Rewards Credit Cards
American Express is one of the largest financial institutions across the globe. It is also known as Amex and is headquartered in New York City, the United States of America. American Express Company was established in the year 1850. Some of the products for which American Express is well known are traveller’s cheque business, charge card and credit cards. Back in the year 1850, American Express was an express mail business and was based in Buffalo, New York. The company was founded by the merger of three organisations, namely, Wells & Company, Livingston, Fargo & Company and Wells, Butterfield & Company. Wells & Company was owned by Henry wells, Livingston, Fargo & Company was owned by William G. Fargo and Wells, Butterfield & Company was owned by John Warren Butterfield.
American Express offers credit cards that come with a myriad of perks and benefits that are attractive to the customers. They are tailored to meet the needs and requirements of the changing customers. The American Express Platinum credit card offers great rewards with it.
Why choose American Express Rewards credit card
American Express cares about its customers and offers financial solutions that are extremely innovative and customisable. The organisation has never failed to satisfy its customers and has earned great amount of reputation and goodwill with its service. The American Express Platinum credit card is one of the best credit cards that you can find and offers benefits that can prove to be immensely lucrative.
Features and Benefits of American Express Rewards credit cards
- As a welcome offer, you can get a Samsung Tab by spending a minimum of SGD 551 using your American Express Platinum credit card. You can also get a complimentary luggage bag from Tumi Vapour by spending a minimum amount of SGD 7500 during the first six months of the card usage
- Enjoy incredible and exclusive dining privileges across the island. Avail savings of up to 50 percent at more than 60 of the best restaurants in Singapore
- Avail exclusive golf privileges using the American Express rewards credit card
- Enjoy some of the best deals when you buy tickets for a movie or enjoy nightlife
- With Zuji you can avail savings of up to 12 percent when you book packages at any of the participating hotels. You can also get rebate of up to on all your flight ticket bookings done on Zuji
- With the Palate Dining Privileges, you can avail great savings of up to 50 percent with all your food orders from a selection of top restaurants. At some of the best pubs in Singapore, you can avail savings of up to 15 percent on your favourite beverages
- You can get The Far Card membership which is worth SGD 425. The Far Card offers different sorts of privileges including accommodation experience and savings of 50 percent on your dining. The Far Card membership allows 50 percent discount when you are dining with a friend, 33 percent discount when you are dining with two friends, 25 percent discount when you are dining with three friends, 20 percent discount when you are dining with four to nine friends and 10 percent when you are dining alone. The Palate dining benefits offers you a a discount of 50 percent discount when you are dining with a friend, 35 percent discount when you are dining with two friends, 25 percent discount when you are dining with three friends, 20 percent discount when you are dining with four to nineteen friends and 15 percent when you are dining alone
- Under the Platinum Wellness program you can avail vouchers from Spa Rael, Adeva Spa and The Ultimate. Get a discount of up to 50 percent on all your a la carte services at The Ultimate and Adeva Spa. At Willow Stream Spa in Fairmont Singapore and Sport in Swissotel Merchant Court, you can avail discounts of 15 percent on a la carte spa treatments
- As Platinum Golf privileges, you can enjoy access to more than 40 golf clubs across Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand and Indonesia. All the supplementary card holders can also enjoy similar golf privileges
- You can avail the best of cocktails, sophisticated whiskies and craft gins at several trending pubs across Singapore, including Pluck, Antidote, Gem Bar, Manor, Horses’ Mouth Bar, Ah Sam Cold Drinks Stall, Wanton Seng’s Noodle Bar, The Auld Alliance, The Secret Mermaid, The Mad Men Attic Bar, Maison Ikkoku, Shin Gi Tai and Incognito
- Avail two membership rewards points for every SGD 1.60 that you spent using your American Express Platinum credit card
- Earn 10 membership rewards points at Harvey Norman for spending SGD 1.60 using your Amex Rewards credit card
- The points that you earn on this card never expire. Hence, you can use then whenever you want, as per your convenience
- You can convert your rewards points to flyer miles. The Platinum credit card members can avail enrolment with Frequent Traveller and also enjoy a waiver of the enrolment fee of SGD 40
- Avail exclusive coverage with the travel accident insurance plan offered by American Express
- The Fraud Protection protects you against any kind of fraudulent activity associated with your card
- The American Express Global Assist program offers help over the phone for their customers even when the customers are travelling
Eligibility for American Express Rewards Credit Cards
- The applicant must be at least 21 years old to avail the American Express Platinum credit card. The supplementary cardholder must be at least 18 years old
- All the citizens and permanent residents of Singapore must have a minimum annual income of SGD 50,000 per annum
- All the foreigners who want to apply for this rewards credit card offered by Amex must have a minimum income of SGD 60,000 per annum
What are the Fees and Charges for American Express Rewards Credit Cards?
- The annual fee of the principal card is SGD 321. This is inclusive of the GST
- For each of the supplementary card, the fee is SGD 160.50 on a yearly basis. This is inclusive of the GST. However, the annual fee for the first two supplementary cards is permanently waived off
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the minimum age to be eligible for the American Express Platinum credit card?
The minimum age of the applicant who wants to be eligible for the American Express Platinum credit card must be 21 years. The supplementary card holders must be at least 18 years old.
- What is the minimum income limit for Singaporean citizens and permanents residents of Singapore to be eligible for this Amex Rewards credit card?
The minimum income limit of a citizen of Singapore or a permanent resident of Singapore, who wants to be eligible for this Amex Rewards credit card, must be SGD 50,000 per annum.
- What is the minimum income limit for a foreigner who wants to apply for the American Express Platinum credit card?
A foreigner who wants to apply for the American Express Platinum credit card must have a minimum income of SGD 60,000 on a yearly basis.
- What is the annual fee of this credit card?
The principal card has an annual fee of SGD 321 inclusive of the GST.
- Are there any charges associated with the supplementary cards?
The first two supplementary cards have no annual fee associated with them. However, charges are applicable on and from the third supplementary card. Each card would then have an annual fee of SGD 160.50 which is inclusive of the GST.