Pamper yourself and take a vacation to explore the world, break the monotony of daily life and build new experiences. Travelling is definitely the most enriching experience and everyone deserves it. But a vacation or travelling to a new destination comes with a set of risks. AIA offers a comprehensive travel insurance policy to protect you from various risks associated with travelling and helps you enjoy a vacation free of worries.
Overview of AIA Travel Insurance
Established in Shanghai over 90 years ago, AIA Group Limited, along with its subsidiaries, boasts of being one of the leading pan-Asian insurance groups. It is present in 18 markets in Asia-Pacific and has wholly-owned branches and subsidiaries across multiple Asian countries. AIA offers a range of products and services including travel insurance, life insurance, health and accident insurance and savings plans. AIA offers ‘AIA Around The World’ travel insurance policy which covers you through endless trips (across the world) during the year for which an annual payment has been made.
Features and Benefits of AIA Travel Insurance
- The insured is not required to make trip declarations or medical examinations before leaving for his/her destination.
- The insurance policy protects you 24 hours a day, whenever you are travelling.
- AIA provides coverage for fun sports and other holiday activities.
- If the main policyholder signs up for the Family Policy, his/her spouse and children are covered under the policy.
- A one-time annual payment covers you for a year of travel.
- If the policyholder falls sick or gets injured during a trip abroad, ‘AIA Around The World’ insurance policy covers the medical/hospital expenses incurred.
- In case of death or permanent disability, the policy benefits protect you and your family over the difficult period.
- The policy covers loss/damage of baggage, money and documents.
- Coverage for loss/damage of costly golfing equipment and laptops is also provided.
- The company provides a free 24 hour worldwide ‘American International Assurance Service’. This service enables policyholders to obtain free travel assistance. Be it pre-trip advice on visa requirements, information about medical services, health hazards or availing emergency travel services while abroad, the policy guides you through all of it.
Compare AIA Travel Insurance With Other Insurance Companies Offering Travel Insurance in Singapore
- AIG Travel Insurance
- AXA Travel Insurance
- AVIVA Travel Insurance
- Liberty Travel Insurance
- ETIQA Travel Insurance
- MSIG Travel Insurance
- NTUC Travel Insurance
- HSBC Travel Insurance
- Tenet Travel Insurance
- QBE Standard Plus Travel Insurance
- ACE Supreme Travel Insurance
- Tokio Marine Travel Insurance
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – AIA Travel Insurance
- Do I need to make trip declarations and medical examinations before leaving for a trip?
No, you are not required to make trip declarations or medical examinations before leaving for your trip.
- Will I be covered if I get hospitalised during my trip or while I am abroad?
Yes, if you are sick and have to get hospitalised while on a trip abroad, ‘AIA Around The World’ insurance policy will cover the medical/hospital expenses incurred.
- How does making an annual payment towards the policy help me?
If you make a one-time/annual payment towards the AIA travel insurance policy, you can enjoy coverage for unlimited number of trips throughout that year along with superior benefits. This is also applicable for trips worldwide.
- Does AIA provide telephonic travel assistance?
Yes, AIA provides a free 24 hour worldwide ‘American International Assurance Service’. This service enables policyholders to obtain free travel assistance. Be it pre-trip advice on visa requirements, information about medical services, health hazards or availing emergency travel services while abroad, the policy helps you through all of it.
- Does AIA provide a travel insurance policy for families?
Yes, if the main policyholder signs up for the Family Policy, his/her spouse and children are covered under the policy.