Exposure to injuries and death related to accidents has been mounting over the last few decades owing to changing lifestyle and growing economies. Quality healthcare is becoming unaffordable too. To safeguard self and family from hospitalization and medical expenses arising out of an injury due to an accident, a health insurance is a must.
About AIA Singapore Private Limited
AIA is a multi-national insurance company based in Hong Kong with operations in major countries across Asia Pacific. This insurance giant has operations in India, China, Malaysia, Indonesia, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand and Sri Lanka. Together, AIA has subsidiaries in 18 markets across this region.
AIA was established in Shanghai over 90 years ago and today is a market leader in the insurance sector. Along with Life and General insurance products, the company also offers savings and wealth management plans in the country.
About AIA Accident Insuranc
AIA offers a wide range of accident centered health insurance plans to meet the ever increasing needs of discerning customers. Accident insurance plans offered from AIA have been explained in the section below.
Features & Benefits of AIA Accident Insurance
AIA Personal Accident
AIA Platinum Accident Care
This plan offers maximum protection with a high coverage for accidental death, dismemberment and burns.
- Along with a high cover of up to S$5 Million for accidental death, burns and dismemberment, this policy also pays up to S$5 Million upon death of the insured in an aviation accident.
- Hospital expenses will be reimbursed (accidents only).
- While overseas, expenses incurred towards emergency medical evacuation and repatriation is covered.
- If you’re hospitalised overseas, transport fare and accommodation expenses for a relative or friend accompanying the insured will be reimbursed under this policy.
AIA Prime Assured
A premium accident cover that gives you round the clock protection against accidents along with slew of other benefits that provide lump sum for various conditions.
- Get up to S$75,000 as Permanent Disability Benefit due to accident. This amount doubles up if the accident was on public conveyance.
- The insured receives a lump sum amount of up to S$60,000 for loss of income due to accident.
- During hospitalisation, you’re eligible for a daily hospital income benefit of up to S$150 for a maximum of 365 days and a post hospitalization lump sum payout for home care of up to S$1,200.
- Upon diagnosis of Alzheimer's or Parkinson's disease, a lump sum payout of up to S$3,000 is provided.
AIA Solitaire Personal Accident
A health insurance plan that not only provides you cover for treatment arising out of accident, but also extends financial sops for your family in case of serious injury or death.
- Financial aid for you and family in case of a serious accident that causes loss of limbs, loss of use of limbs, third degree burns or TPD(Total or Permanent Disability).
- Cover for medical bills and Traditional Chinese Medicine/Chiropractic treatment.
- Other health conditions such as animal or insect bites, food poisoning and sports injuries are also covered.
- Optional benefits such as Lifestyle Maintenance Benefits and Accidental Hospitalisation Benefits are available.
AIA Star Shield Plus
One of its kind health insurance plan for children that takes care of medical bills and hospitalisation expenses.
- This policy covers 17 critical illnesses for the insured child.
- The policy can be converted into AIA Whole Life or Endowment policy from 18th to 21st birthday of the insured child.
- A monthly cash payout for up to 20 years in case of catastrophic disability of the child.
- If the introducer (parent) passes away due to an accident, the policy pays for the insured child’s education until he/she reaches the age of 21. In such cases the premium is also waived.
Compare AIA Accident Insurance With Other Insurance Companies Offering Accident Insurance in Singapore
- AXA Group Personal Accident Insurance
- AVIVA Personal Accident Insurance
- Great Eastern Accident Insurance
- ETIQA Personal Accident Insurance
- HSBC Accident and Health Insurance
- Manulife Accident Insurance
- NTUC Personal Accident Insurance
- Prudential Accident Insurance
- Tokio Marine Accident Insurance
- Tenet Accident Insurance
- QBE Personal Accident Insurance
- Liberty Personal Accident Leisure
- AIG Personal Accident Insurance
- AIG Single And Special Risk Insurance
- AIG Group Corporate Travel And Group Personal Accident Insurance
- Tenet Personal Accident Insurance
Frequently Asked Questions - AIA Accident Insurance
- Can you brief me about the optional benefit - Lifestyle Maintenance under AIA Solitaire Personal Accident?
This optional benefit adds value to the existing features of the insurance scheme. They are -
- Disburses weekly income for total/partial/temporary disability
- Provides reimbursement for costs of mobility aids and home modifications
- A lump sum cash payout in case of death or permanent and total disability.
This optional coverage will pay for costs involved in emergency evacuation to the nearest medical center or Singapore for treatment of an injury or illness whilst abroad. The coverage includes conveyance costs, expenses involving medical services and supplies up to S$100,000. In case of accidental death at a foreign location, this option pays for transportation of mortal remains of the insured back to the country.
No. The child critical illness cover is an optional cover included in the original policy on payment of a nominal amount.
Talk to your insurance advisor to add riders to your policy which provide additional cover for medical expenses, critical illnesses and hospital/surgical expenses.
You can reach the customer care toll free on 1800 248 8000 for any query on your policy.