Chubb Travel Insurance Singapore
Chubb Travel Insurance was earlier known as ACE Travel Insurance. ACE bought Chubb early in 2016 and changed their brand name to Chubb. Chubb and ACE have several insurance products in Singapore, including property insurance, casualty insurance, marine insurance, group personal accident insurance and leisure travel insurance.
Types of Travel Insurance Provided by Chubb
Chubb travel insurance offers comprehensive protection to travellers of all kinds – whether you are a regular backpacker or an occasional holidayer. The types of travel insurance policies offered by Chubb are:
- Chubb First Travel Insurance: This plan offers the highest protection levels by covering maximum casualties.
- Chubb Business Travel Insurance: This plan offers moderate levels of protection while covering all kinds of travel casualties.
- Chubb Economy Travel Insurance: This plan offers affordable coverage for all kinds of travel problems.
- Chubb Saver Travel Insurance: This is a basic plan available only for travellers to Malaysia, Batam Island and Bintan Island.
The policies are further divided by individual and family plans, and single and annual trip schemes. There is also a region-wise demarcation, which is –
- Region 1: Indonesia, Brunei, Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia, Philippines, Myanmar, Vietnam and Thailand.
- Region 2: Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Macau, Mongolia, China (excluding Tibet), Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Timor-Leste, India, Sri Lanka and Region 1.
- Region 3: Rest of the world including Tibet and Nepal but not including Cuba.
The policy covers the following travel conditions –
- Accidental death
- Permanent disability
- Education grant for child
- Personal liability
- Legal expenses
- Medical expenses overseas
- Chinese medicine expenses overseas
- Medical expenses in Singapore up to 31 days of returning
- Chinese medicine expenses in Singapore up to 31 days of returning
- Emergency travel expenses overseas
- Emergency mobile phone charge reimbursement (overseas)
- Hospital cash benefit overseas
- Hospital cash benefit in Singapore
- 24-hour medical emergency evacuation
- Repatriation of mortal remains
- Trip cancellation
- Trip curtailment
- Trip postponement
- Trip disruption
- Traveller replacement
- Insolvency of travel agency (loss of deposits, etc.)
- Loss or damage to baggage and personal items
- Loss, damage or theft of travel documents
- Loss or theft of up to S$300 in cash
- Delay of baggage
- Cancellation of accommodation
- Hijacking, kidnap and hostage situation
- Terrorism cover
- 24x7 travel advice services
- Automatic extension of insurance in case of hospitalisation abroad
The following bonus protection can be added to your policy at a slightly higher premium if you wish:
- Lifestyle add-ons:
- Cancellation or postponement of wedding photoshoot
- Rental vehicle excess
- Return of rental vehicle
- Loss of frequent flyer miles
- Alternative accommodation expenses
- Entertainment disruption
- Golf add-ons:
- Loss or damage of golf instruments
- Unused green fees
- Skiing add-ons:
- Loss or damage to skiing instruments
- Closure of ski track or piste
- Hired ski equipment, lift passes and ski school fees that are not used
- Replacement of ski pass or ski lift pass
- Adventure sports add-ons:
- Biking sports: Expedition bicycle touring, mountain biking, motor biking and quad biking
- Water sports: White water rafting of Grade 4 or more (with an authorised guide) and diving up to 40 metres with PADI Certification.
- Outdoor sports: Four-wheel driving adventure and trekking or mountain trekking up to 4000 metres.
- Winter sports: Glacier walking (with an authorised guide), snowboarding, snow rafting, snow tubing and snow-mobiling.
- Post-trip medical expenses in Singapore within two days of returning to Singapore and up to 31 days in a row.
- Personal accident because of terrorism
- Loss of jewellery
- Loss of sporting tools
Chubb Travel Insurance Coverage
The maximum coverage available for different travel situations is listed below:
|Overseas hospital cash benefit||S$40,000||S$30,000||S$20,000||NA|
|Overseas medical expenses||S$2 million||S$500,000||S$250,000||S$20,000|
|Medical expense in Singapore||S$20,000||S$10,000||S$5,000||S$1,000|
|Personal liability||S$2 million||S$1 million||S$500,000||S$500,000|
|Trip cancellation cover||S$20,000||S$10,000||S$5,000||S$5,000|
|Lost baggage cover||S$8,000||S$5,000||S$3,000||S$1,000|
|Lost document cover||S$5,000||S$3,000||S$2,000||S$500|
|Hostage and hijacking cover (more than 12 hours)||S$2,500||S$1,000||S$1,000||NA|
|Personal accident due to terrorism||S$75,000||S$50,000||S$25,000||S$12,500|
Chubb Travel Insurance Promotion
If you buy a Chubb Travel Insurance policy between 16th May and 5th June, 2017, you will get the following promotional gifts:
- Shopping vouchers worth up to S$80 on buying a Single Trip plan.
- Shopping vouchers worth up to S$200 and an American Tourister luggage on buying an Annual Trip plan.
Key Benefits of Buying Chubb Travel Insurance
The following are the main advantages of having a Chubb travel insurance:
- Chubb travel insurance offers protection for more than 50 types of travel situations. It covers everything from travel inconveniences to medical emergencies and death.
- You can customise your plan as per your needs based on parameters such as the place you’re travelling to, the activities you would be involved in, the number of times you would travel in a year, the number of people travelling in one trip, etc.
- Chubb offers assistance to its global support system and 24x7 service helpline.
- Chubb also offers group travel insurance for business purposes.
Check your Eligibility for Chubb Travel Insurance
Here is a list of persons allowed to buy a travel insurance from Chubb:
- Dependent children of at least one of the adults (for single trip plans) or both the adults (for annual trip plans), aged between 45 days and 18 years or 23 years if they are full-time students of a legitimate institution.
- Policyholder should be at least 18 years old.
- Two adults, related or unrelated, travelling and returning together from a trip (for a single trip plan).
- Two adults, legally married to each other, for an annual plan.
- You should be able to pay the premium required for the travel insurance.
How to apply for Chubb Travel Insurance
You can apply for a Chubb travel insurance in these ways:
- Online through Chubb Travel Insurance Singapore website.
- You can contact an insurance adviser or agent who is authorised to sell Chubb insurance.
How to make a claim for Chubb Travel Insurance
Making an insurance claim with Chubb is a simple and easy process. You can go to Chubb Claim Centre – a separate self-service claims portal – to address all your claim-related needs. The claims that can be made through this platform are:
- Personal Injury or sickness
- Accidental death
- Dismemberment or total disability
- Hospital cash
- Medical reimbursement
- Cancellation or postponement of wedding photoshoot
- Travel inconvenience (including personal an legal liability and rental excess)
For other kind of claims, you can download the claims form from the Chubb website and fill it up. This form and supporting documents that prove the authenticity of your claims can be submitted at the Chubb office in person, via email or snail mail.
Chubb Travel Insurance Hotline
|24x7 emergency hotline||+65 68362922|
|Customer service hotline||+65 6299 0922 (AMEX, between 9am and 5pm) +65 6299 0988 (General, between 9am and 5pm)|
|Office phone number||+65 63988776 (Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm)|
Chubb Insurance Singapore Limited,
138 Market Street,
Level 11-01 CapitaGreen,
You can also contact Chubb executives through the ‘Leave a Message’ option at the bottom right-hand side of the website. Your doubts can also be addressed by using the ‘Contact Us’ form on the website.
Chubb Travel Insurance FAQs
- For how many days does an annual plan cover my travel?
Annual plans offer insurance cover for up to 90 days per trip.
- For how many days does a single trip plan cover my journey?
The maximum insurance duration of a single trip plan is 183 days in a row.
- If we are travelling on a family policy but one of us has to return before the others, will the policy be valid?
The policy will be valid, but the premium amount will depend on the date when the last person on the trip returns. The insurance cover will be valid only until your date of return to Singapore, so if you reach before the others, your cover will end sooner and theirs will continue until they fly back to Singapore.
- Can foreigners living in Singapore buy a Chubb travel policy?
Yes. Any person travelling from Singapore and returning to Singapore can buy a Chubb travel insurance plan.
- Is dental treatment part of my insurance cover?
Only dental injuries sustained during an accident or injury are covered by your travel insurance policy.
- What situations are excluded from the policy?
The following situations are not covered by your Chubb Travel Insurance:
- War and war-like situations including civil unrest, military coup and riots
- Nuclear or radioactive hazards
- Travel to Cuba
- Travel against advice issued by the Singapore government
- Suicide, self-mortification, sane or insane wilful acts
- Unlawful activities
- Activities done under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Acts of carelessness, negligence or recklessness
- Pre-existing conditions
- HIV and AIDS-related complications
- Military or police operations
- Extreme sports and professional sports
News About ACE Travel Insurance
Chubb has launched a new agency management and underwriting unit in Singapore. This unit will provide seamless customer experience and growth opportunities to its business partners. It has also made two key appointments keeping its goals in focus.
31st January 2018